This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul H

sunglasses - allowable tax expense
« on: June 04, 2012, 10:05:35 pm »
Hi All

My missus has been catching with an old pal who now lives in OZ

In the conversation sunglasses and sun screen came up - they have it as a taxable expense..

so that got me thinking .. in the window cleaning sector i would consider both these item as essential "work items " when outside in all that sun and glare in the summer months...

any of you more seasoned campaigners list these items or considered it or is it just me thinking too much into things???

Be nice to get new pair of Oakleys through the books! lol

thanks
Paul 

matthewprice

Re: sunglasses - allowable tax expense
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 10:08:59 pm »
cant see why not

Paul H

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 10:16:52 pm »
cant see why not

I cant see why not either mate

EandM

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 10:25:21 pm »
I only wear my sunglasses when I'm cleaning. Polarised lenses help enormously in seeing what you're doing. Definitely deductible.

matthewprice

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 10:32:11 pm »
wet weather gear is classed as an expense ,boots ect sun glasses are really needed if you are wfp

Paul H

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 10:37:04 pm »
I only wear my sunglasses when I'm cleaning. Polarised lenses help enormously in seeing what you're doing. Definitely deductible.

spot on... yeah gotta be poloraised... and got to be sports wrap around type to stay on your head and look smart... oakleys for me... ;D ;D 

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 11:29:51 pm »
sunglasses, sun cream, hats are all part of ppe and are all tax deductable. claiming high end glasses could be questionable (I would not wear my good sun glasses window cleaning as I would wreck them anyway.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 11:30:26 pm »
I've offset sunglasses against tax since switching to WFP.  It's impossible to do some windows without them unless I want to risk losing my sight.  Essential safety equipment IMO due to now having to look up from ground level.  I ONLY use them for work too.  I've never done sun cream though.  I don't use it.

Splash 4 Cash

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 08:22:41 am »
I need a new Merk car to collect payment. :-X

Frankybadboy

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 08:26:46 am »
i had to justify my oakleys glasses some how ;D ;D ;D

gto

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 08:28:31 am »
get the dewalt safety/sunglasses there very good, and only £17 if you drop or break them

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dewalt-Safety-UV-Sun-Glasses-Infinity-Blue-/170552626891?pt=UK_BOI_ProtectiveGear_RL&hash=item27b5ba8ecb

price seems to have dropped since i got mine, so will have to get some more.

Paul H

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 09:21:58 am »
god yeah... cheap ones that do the job for work

expensive ones for holiday on the beach... through the books ;)

EandM

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 09:24:20 am »
Mine are SXUC, about £8 on ebay. I have 3 pairs and they work very well.

dmlservices

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 11:15:44 am »

Cheap sunglasses are next to use less, when it comes to blocking uv and harmfully blue rays, worth paying extra when I comes to your eye sight, I have damaged my eyes over the years, over 20 yrs window cleaning has took its toll,
I now wear Oakley flack jkt, blocks 100 percent uv and blue rays, they are light weight, and can swap lenses out in seconds, black iridium or polarised for very bright light, I swap to a lighter shade lense on overcast days, as even then you can still damage your eyes , constantly looking up from ground level.
Don't skimp on protection for your eyes.

Daz

Paul H

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 12:56:37 pm »

Cheap sunglasses are next to use less, when it comes to blocking uv and harmfully blue rays, worth paying extra when I comes to your eye sight, I have damaged my eyes over the years, over 20 yrs window cleaning has took its toll,
I now wear Oakley flack jkt, blocks 100 percent uv and blue rays, they are light weight, and can swap lenses out in seconds, black iridium or polarised for very bright light, I swap to a lighter shade lense on overcast days, as even then you can still damage your eyes , constantly looking up from ground level.

Daz

well said

Perfect Windows

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 01:28:36 pm »

Daz

As I've mentioned before, cheap glasses are often worse than useless.

Your eyes react to visible light, so if you're wearing dark lenses that aren't effective UV filters, then your pupils will dilate thanks to less visible light, letting in more UV than if you weren't wearing them at all.  Result will be cataracts down the line.

Vin

gto

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 02:57:04 pm »
Dewalt infinity as posted above.
99.9%. UVA and UVB resistance

Paul H

britishwill

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 07:35:24 pm »
I use Oakley's. And I have put them through my accounts as it a piece of protective equipment essential for the job.

Frankybadboy