This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stuart howes

Rude And Aggressive
« on: January 15, 2006, 09:45:45 am »
My brother in law is a window cleaner in southend like my self,but just the other day he had a lady ring him up from a street that he has done for years saying can he go round to clean the windows of the house,yes he said i will be round next week,next week came and he went to the house,no one in,so he cleaned the windows as asked and left with out being paid,he was going to get the money that night ,but before he went to get the money the husband rang him saying why had he cleaned his windows ,lee then explained his wife had rung to do so, he then said dont expect to be paid and if you come round my house to get your money i will smash your face in what do you think of that you lot, and should he send the dept to a dept collector just to p*** him off ??? >:( >:( >:( >:(
i wecome all your comments    stu ;)

H h20

Re: Rude And Aggressive
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 09:51:03 am »
Thats a first one for me  :-\,
i would forget it and just put it down to a bad experience  :'(
it can`t be that much money involved  ???
i know this may seem a bit childish but revenge for the threat a box of eggs come to mind  :o,Gaz

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 10:01:25 am »
Sounds like a nut case. Walk away, the more you argue with a nut case the more they enjoy it.

bumper

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 10:14:07 am »
id lob a egg on his top window  ;lol         ;D

preston powerblast

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 10:37:44 am »
I'd just put it down to experience, or if you wanted to childish about it and you had 2 bullmastiffs like me i'd take me dogs round and let them crap on his path ;D

Ian_Giles

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 12:21:29 pm »
Go and collect, hve a mate or 2 along and let them stand a polite distance away with a couple of camera's, one video and one still.
His mates would only have to stand at the end of the property in full view of the door.
Your brother in law need only be polite and ask for payment.

Violence is unlikely, but don't let them get away with such intimidatory behavior.

If he is still unpleasant, don't argue, but do mark his card.
Revenge can be all the sweeter when its a long time coming, you don't need to egg his house....he has a car doesn't he?
Wait a few weeks and egg that instead, better still, wait till the warmer weather gets here before you do it, dried egg is horrible to get off.

And al the time you are quietly dissing him to all and sundry.

Or be really nasty, mash up a fish and stuff it into his air vents, the stiink of rotting fish will be there for weeks ;D

My tongue is of course firmly in my cheek with all of the above (apart from the camera to record him) I would never dream of doing anything like this myself ::)
..........it isn't nasty enough ;D ;D

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

gaza

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 01:22:26 pm »
PAINT STRIPPER:Works well, so Ive been told on cars,cleans all that orrible paint off that shiney metal that is underneath. ;D
 ;)

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

danny mckim

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 01:55:16 pm »
Dont think we would get anywhere if everybody was like this nutcase. Let it go. we are much better people than this lunitic. Keep yourself above his level and stay away. You are better avoiding the hassle for such a little amount. Dont let this put you off when someone else phones you next tim

brett walker

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 02:12:59 pm »
What was this blokes reason for not wanting to pay for his windows being cleaned ?

I know its very tempting to egg his windows or come down to his level and knock the idiot out but this could reflect back on you with the other customers.  This would make you look as bad as him >:(

The sweetest revenge will be when he asks you to do his windows again when they are really dirty just tell him " no thankyou or ' f ' OFF "  every dog has his day ;)

Brett.

busydaffodil

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 02:20:56 pm »
Revenge isnt always sweet.  If you decked him or egged his house/car, your the one who will get the bad name.  It would scare people off having you as their window cleaner.

Perhaps a very polite letter pointing out his wife requested your services, that you actioned & completed, that you really think a cheque by return of post is now an acceptable way of them paying you as you no longer wish to approach him or his house due to how intimidated he made you feel.   
Request payment in 14 days for service requested as per his wife.   

Just an idea.

marc al

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 02:34:25 pm »
  I wouldn't have been posting about it here, if someone rang me up and threatened me I would have been round his place smartish to see if he was as mouthy face to face.

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 03:58:00 pm »
  I wouldn't have been posting about it here, if someone rang me up and threatened me I would have been round his place smartish to see if he was as mouthy face to face.

That's how I'd feel too.  But knowing my luck I'd turn up and he'd be a 'man mountain' ex-SAS steely-eyed killer!

It's not nice getting your teeth kicked out, I know from experience, so a mate or two wouldn't hurt.

Most of the suggestions here are all good but at the end of the day, if you're anything like me, it'll get you all twisted up inside till you've got to do something about it; even if that means putting it down to experience and doing nothing!

Gaz, that's a good tip about the paint stipper though.  I believe car brake fluid is effective too.  It still gets dark early doesn't it?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 04:11:25 pm »
now now boys !!!!!!!

And people talk about raising the profile of window cleaners.

I dont think talk like this helps the cause one bit.

Just accept it or go and see the bloke,they usually back down when you speak face to face.
It could just be a mis-understanding on his side

Dave

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2006, 04:20:17 pm »
Dave,

You're right, mate.  Sorry.

Just when someone threatens you with violence in such an ungentlemanly manner, one part of me says that Queensbury Rules need not apply.

But you're right.  I agree.  Acts of reprisal or revenge is pure school-yard stuff.  I've toyed with doing stuff like this on one or two occassions, but never have.

You get over it in the end.

Maybe the bloke that did the 'threatening' had a really bad day and took it out on both his wife and then Stu.

I think it's the poor wife we should be feeling sorry for.  She has to live with this aggresive 'goat'.

marc al

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 04:27:59 pm »

David

All this talk about raising the profiles of window cleaners is a load of rubbish, it will never happen.

I will not allow anyone, no matter what size threaten me and get away with it, to hell with the profile of window cleaners, the bloke deserves a smack.

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2006, 04:39:50 pm »

I will not allow anyone, no matter what size threaten me and get away with it, to hell with the profile of window cleaners, the bloke deserves a smack.

I believe that if you draw blood, it's called Actual Bodily Harm and even for a minor ABH assault, you can be sent away to receive a 'stripey suntan' at (to quote Steve K) 'HMP Butlins'.

It's probably best left alone.

If you've a family, it's definately not worth it.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2006, 04:45:56 pm »

David

All this talk about raising the profiles of window cleaners is a load of rubbish, it will never happen.

Marc

Yes you are right i am a muppet for even mentioning .

Violence is the obvious answer.
And i should stop spending money to raise my profile.
I will act like a scumbag and that should improve my business enormously.

Dave

busydaffodil

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2006, 04:52:03 pm »

David

Marc

Yes you are right i am a muppet for even mentioning .

Violence is the obvious answer.
And i should stop spending money to raise my profile.
I will act like a scumbag and that should improve my business enormously.

Dave

I luv you David!   You so make me laugh with your dry humour & sarcasm. 

David is right of course.  Violence is not good for your business name or your image.

There are other alternatives that will make this aggressive guy feel like a tw at.     

marc al

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2006, 04:58:45 pm »

David, I did not call you a muppet, the perception will not change, whatever you do, for the majority people.

Violence isn't the answer, but once you let people threaten you and get away with it in my view you start on a slippery slope, as for eggs and paint stripper, that is cowardly, tackle aggressive people head on and keep your self respect.

dai

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2006, 05:19:19 pm »
Stuart, You have his name and address. I'm sure he would like to talk to lots of double glazing salesmen, sola power merchants, block paving salesmen, And anyone else you can think of that puts junk through our letterboxes. Just fill the cards out with his name and address on them. I'm sure he will be most greatful. Dai