This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macc

Re: Money Question
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2006, 06:52:16 pm »
they start up cause they think its easy and easy money. it still takes commitment in all weather, thats what my customers get. as 4 letting on what we earn, i dont think we should shout too loud cause its our buisness. as 4 the inland revenue, i wouldnt put it past them, i was supposed 2 have an opp this week, bennifits, joke, £30 approx, how can i live on that. they told me i should have saved.  :(

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2006, 07:01:46 pm »
My moto has always been not to discuss our financial situation with anyone - its personal  ;)

Sarah
Sarah

macc

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2006, 07:04:12 pm »
spot on sarah

Morph

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2006, 08:04:06 pm »
My moto has always been not to discuss our financial situation with anyone - its personal ;)

Sarah

I have learned in life that, those who are open about their finances usually haven't got much.
Those who don't discuss it, usually have plenty.

A guy from Gambia was quite happy to discuss with me his currency and the fact that he earns £50 a month, but he doesn't discuss it locally because others would be jealous.

I live near the Docks.  A cargo vessel captain was telling me that that they don't bother employing English "deck hands", because they don't work for less than £200 a week, they can get eastern europeans and phillipinos to work for £50 a week 12 hour days!

Sorry, off topic.

It's all relative.  You can only wear one pair of shoes at a time.  If you are fortunate enough to have two feet.

Pj

By the way, look back through my posts, I don't discuss my finances :-[
In fact every now and then I delete all my garbage, and change my name :'(

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2006, 04:48:59 pm »
It interests me to hear what people can earn to a point, though I rarely post what I earn; cos you lot would take the micky.

I have been narked in the past by people showing off.  They post something like, "Yeh, really windy and rainy today.  Only worked two hours and earn't six-squillion-quid anyway."

That bugs me.

However, I've went down the WFP route, encouraged by what others have said they can earn using it.

twt

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2006, 05:04:17 pm »
if you earn enought to cover your bills and have some left over you are more fortunate than alot of people out there who have to worry about every penny.

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2006, 05:45:38 pm »
It's not what you earn that is important, but what you spend.

What's the point of earning £2000 per week spending it all and missing seeing your family grow up?

I'd rather earn less, spend less but see my family more.

The Bear

busydaffodil

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2006, 07:04:58 pm »
It's not what you earn that is important, but what you spend.

What's the point of earning £2000 per week spending it all and missing seeing your family grow up?

I'd rather earn less, spend less but see my family more.

The Bear

Well Said!

Ian_Giles

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2006, 07:41:56 pm »
I have often made mention (well, ok, not that often :-X) of the money I earn, not to show off though, more to point out that though you may be able to knock out £300 in a single day :o Very, very few of us will manage that, still fewer will manage it day in, day out, just won't happen for the majority.

You CAN earn a decent living, but it takes hard work, day in and day out you have to work bloody hard to earn good money.

I think perhaps that us window cleaners are often stung into showing the kind of income we CAN earn.
People still have the cloth cap and ladder under your arm image of a window cleaner.
How often do people come up to you and sing "When I'm cleaning windows!"
Or ask if you are related to George Foremby (er, spelling :-[)

We should instead stay quietly smug as we go about our work, that car salesman in the smart showroom may feel he's the dogs bollux, but he is probably earning far less than you per hour.

But it is the arrogance of others that makes us feel stung to show that we too can earn a good living >:( 

Perhaps we shouldn't do it, as has been stated elswhere on here, across t he board the average income for a window cleaner is £17,500 per year.
A great many will be below that and a fair few above that.

But that is the kind of general figure that most of us might aspire to hover around.

As for those that splash out deveral grand on a van and WFP without any real prior experience?
Some will regret it bitterly when they find that they have to actually work bloody hard to earn their money.
And they will still need to learn all of the trad skills too, and that'll take them a bloody long time to master if they are not doing it every day all day.

All that glitters is not gold!!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2006, 07:50:02 pm »
The Job is not too bad but then when you consider what else is involved with windowcleaning

Customer relations
Marketing
Cash Flow projections
Book Keeping
round administration
     and thats before you even clean a window
Quality controle
equipment maintanance
Equipment purchase
Priceing..

I was stopped by fella that had been watching me clean a few of his neighbours windows (about 5 years ago) he started the conversation with "you must be earing some good money" he'd watched me clean about 4 houses @ £5 in less than an hour. I smiled and carried on,
   What he hadn't seen was the time that it had taken me to get four customers close to each other, the time taken to return and collect,the time to keep the round in order and keep the books up to date, and most importantly the time it had taken me to learn the job well enough so that I could do 4 houses in less than an hour..

I think about this time every year lots of new WC's start up but not many stay the course, Harder than they thought,Too Cold, Too Hot, Too Wet, Too Windy, Looks like rain,

I think One of the most important qualitys needed is Self Motivation, and not many people have that.

Having said all that YES I'm seeing more than normal new Wc's around, which has made think very carefully about putting ALL my prices up, and YES I do think that this new fangled WFP system will bring new people into the trade, but on the plus side some of the systems that I,ve seen around are little better than bargan basement and take the opperater longer to clean the windows than the Trad way.

A little copetition is good for the system keeps you on your toes and should help you improve your service so that the copetition becomes little more than small itch...

thats me gone trying to replace my pertol bombed van,(hope it wasn't the copetition that did it???)

Alan
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz