This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Gourlay

Re: Starting carpet cleaning service
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 09:06:49 pm »
If you are working 60 hrs a week not sure how you can do weekends

You say you are on Commission with Main dealer if its cars or even Home improvements Weekend is peak time.

Looks like you have sales skills just wondering how you plan to find customers

AshWhite

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2012, 09:10:31 pm »
Ian,
It was I working 60 hours inc. Weekends - I was giving my background. It was for the reason you mentioned that I had to dive in head first, quitting my job and going full time CCing.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 12:51:39 pm »
Yeah sorry I got mixed up I think all the Cancer treatment has screwed  my brain

AshWhite

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 01:45:46 pm »
I hope its going well for you, Ian.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Rat-race

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012, 09:27:41 am »
WoW WoW clean-it up Members.
I can see why you are all very successful, the forumist here have well exceeded my expectation. I have realised there is very high level of honesty and willingness to help, support and advice. I supose you need that kind of altitute to succeed in business.
Thanks all for yours feedbacks.

Allow me to ask that personal question I asked to start with, What are the average paid hours can an average serious carpet cleaner accumulate in a week or hould I ask what is an average CCner earn in a week.
The reason I am asking is because I am trying to workout how to cover the bills.

peter maybury

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 10:03:31 am »
If you make a substantial investment in time, training, marketing, and good equipment then you can expect to get a good return on your labour. If you want to buy cheap crappy machinery you can slog your guts out for peanuts.  There are people on here that spend as much on a wand as another person will spend on a machine it is difficult to put an average on anything, it is a big market place. Before doing anything I would go on some training courses maybe the ncca one to give you a little insight as to what is involved and the level of investment needed. One thing is for sure every reccession there are thousands up and down the country buying rug doctors and the like and calling themselves carpet cleaners. Credibilty from the customers point of veiw is an important consideration.
Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 10:40:14 am »
However following on from Peter there are many Cleaners who start off with 135psi Alltec , prochem or Ashby machines get the marketing right and make a great sucess and earn the money you requie.
There are others who if you work out the number of hours on their truckmount or portable when in the For Sale section who have not cleaned a lot of carpets or earn what you require.

Ash White  I will publish a Medical Bullitin at some time over next few weeks just waiting for more information

Rat-race

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 12:24:10 pm »
Thanks all again,
My understanding from most threads is to attend CC trainings first before I make any move, right.
Can somebody recommend I good CC training company anywhere around South East, prefferably London or Kent.

Kind regards

Richard Cole

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 02:01:03 pm »
Thanks all again,
My understanding from most threads is to attend CC trainings first before I make any move, right.
Can somebody recommend I good CC training company anywhere around South East, prefferably London or Kent.

Kind regards

Not in the South East but Cleansmart based in Nottingham do a 1 day carpet technician course for around £85 with Derek Bolton who is highly regarded in the cleaning industry, you could also do the 1 day upholstery course for £85 and I believe the courses can be taken together over a two day period.  If you go on to buy a machine from the supplier they quite often refund the cost of the course, they supply the Airflex range and i can highly recommend them.

Ashby's are based in Kent and they do training and Alletec are based in Royston Cambridgeshire and they do a similar deal.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Richard Meads

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 02:21:58 pm »
There is also the Flood school, in Farnham, Surrey. They run CleanTrust/IICRC training for
both carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning.

http://www.nationalfloodschool.co.uk/education_and_training.htm

cannon

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2012, 03:06:02 pm »
I can reccomend both the ncca course and Derek Boltons course they are both pretty much the same but i do think i got more out of Derek Boltons course, this could be down to taking that course second and things clicking in to place more or because i was quite hungover at my 2 days at the ncca and not learning enough  ;D

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2012, 05:40:45 pm »
Allow me to ask that personal question I asked to start with, What are the average paid hours can an average serious carpet cleaner accumulate in a week or hould I ask what is an average CCner earn in a week.
The reason I am asking is because I am trying to workout how to cover the bills.

You sound like a taxman!!!

peter maybury

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2012, 06:57:33 pm »
personally I would suggest you do the ncca course it is quite comprehensive and you will not get bias towards a particular manufacturers chemicals and equipment. Doing a 2 day course will not make you an industry expert but if you take away the manual and absorb it over a period of time it will give you a sound starting point.
Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com

Derek_Walker

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2012, 07:54:59 pm »
This may give you an idea on what's involved in carpet cleaning and it is free to register.
http://rc.jondon.com/advice-and-technical-tips/carpet/download-manual-iicrc-carpet-cleaning-technician

Len Gribble

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2012, 08:07:33 pm »
Personally I would look in Jet flushing
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Rat-race

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2012, 08:19:34 pm »
Thanks guys.

Len , what is jet flashing?

I am not a taxman, they kill me and I wish they were not there, LoL

Peter, Who deliver ncca course?

Regards

Len Gribble

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 06:29:06 pm »
Also know as POWER FLUSHING looks lucrative (been quoted £450 plus) :o
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 07:18:02 pm »
British Gas wants to charge me £750

But instead we are having Heat Exchanger taken out and flushed by Local Gas Safe Guy.

In addition we found another part that was not working that British Gas did not spot

What anoys me is I have a   British Gas Service Contracts which seams to have clauses like if Limescale travels through heat exchanger or any other part you are not covered.

I wonder what get out clauses are in those monthly Payment Plans Carpet cleaners have

cleantech

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2012, 09:31:01 pm »
The best thing about being employed is at the end of shift you can switch off. Then there are the benefits that come with it sick pay, health insurance garaunteed income etc etc. I worked for Dell computers for 10 years and was made redundant although i am happy enough now i would go back in the morning. Working for yourself is never ending marketing, quotes, books, advertising, training, machine servicing stock replenishment etc etc and if you fall ill you are on your own. Be happy with your job and you never know you may be made redundant and that is a good time to start your own business

Rat-race

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2012, 10:57:11 pm »
Cleantec,
Thanks cleantec, how did you cope as a starter or did you had previous experience?
I agree with you completely, only when you have a better working condition, but when you have differencies with you manager just because you seem to have noticed that they are having an affair with her boss and intimidated you to shutup, or when you sit in the office infront of the screen the whole day without doing anything constructive it becomes tediuos, stressful and sometime feel like chinese torture and at that point I disagree with you.
I really understand the consequencies of self employments positve and negatives, and at this stage due to the circumstance above, I feel I am prepared to take a risk and try to get out of rat race. I am hoping to start part time and if all goes well I will go full monte.

Ian and Len
Do you not need to be a plumber to do power flush, I currently have no experience with pipes and water, but thanks, it,s another avenue to explore.

regards