Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tony Rowley

Adwords Express
« on: April 25, 2012, 05:47:36 pm »
Any views on its effectiveness at generating work?

Been using it for a week and stats as follows:

6174 views (i guess that means impressions)
46 clicks @ an average of £1.47 a click so, so far £67 odd quid
And no enquiries that could be attributed to it.

Any long term users who think it works or should I stop it and put the money somewhere else?

I took the recommended budget of £210 per month which is clearly going to get spent at this rate.

Not worried about the £210 too much as long as its not wasted.

Views please.

Tony

Mr Dvae

Re: Adwords Express
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 08:11:39 pm »
adwords is getting the punters to your website, but having seen it they are not ringing you, what does that tell you?  your website is your shop display, you've got people in your shop but the're not buying anything, are they not seeing something they like? i don't mean to be condescending but that is the only question i could ask myself having blow some dosh on adwords. try targeting the keywords to those whom are genuinely interested.

Hope this helps

Dave

Steven Lawrence

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 10:07:01 pm »
to be honest you might be wise to get a better looking website, the one you have may be putting possible customers off!

These guys www.paygseo.co.uk are re doing mine for me,

dont mean to sound rude!

Tony Rowley

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 07:20:19 pm »
Comments taken on board, but does anyone use ADWORDS EXPRESS and think that it gives or is giving them a good return?

My website already generates enquiries for me but I was just trying different avenues and Adwords Express was one of them.

Tony

Paul Moss

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 07:28:54 pm »
Tony, ive tried adwords in different formats lots of times over the years and always got similar results to you. Its return is very poor unless you have a cheap offer on your site to push sales.

Tony Rowley

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 07:51:00 pm »
Thanks Paul

That was what I thought, I tried adwords a couple of years ago, spent time typing in all the phrases etc and got a very poor return. Thought I would give the express a spin and see if it changed my mind, but it has not, i think its a waste of money, I asked the question in case someone else had been successful with it and could say "yes i made a good return, i think its your website thats the problem not the adwords!" but no one has said that.

Tony 

Paul Moss

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 08:10:44 pm »
Tony its horses for courses. It depends a lot on regions with advertising, some win with adwords, some do well on yell and the directories whilst others fail. I have tried local papers for ads over the years with no joy but others get megga amount of work from local press. You just have to go through trial and error down all avenues untill you hit what works for YOU  in YOUR area with YOUR type of business style.

Tony Rowley

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 08:21:20 pm »
Sound advise, everyone needs to find their own goldmine, I found one and was just looking for some more to add but I don't think Adwords will be one of them.

Tony

AshWhite

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 08:23:18 pm »
Paul, bit of a random question, but do you speak Welsh?
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Paul Moss

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 08:29:18 pm »
No i was born and bred in Liverpool, been living in wales about 25 years. I know a few words but thats about it.

AshWhite

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 08:38:56 pm »
Practically an honourary Welshman then  ;) Was just wondering whether it was worth marketing the fact or not.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 09:26:20 pm »
Was just wondering whether it was worth marketing the fact or not.

Oh no. Not the great Welsh language debate :-\

Billy Russell

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 10:00:29 pm »
Paul is fluent in talking Bol**cks!!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D

Steven Lawrence

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 10:12:22 pm »
Thanks Paul

That was what I thought, I tried adwords a couple of years ago, spent time typing in all the phrases etc and got a very poor return. Thought I would give the express a spin and see if it changed my mind, but it has not, i think its a waste of money, I asked the question in case someone else had been successful with it and could say "yes i made a good return, i think its your website thats the problem not the adwords!" but no one has said that.

Tony 

I Kinda did but in a polite way!  :-[

Mike Halliday

Re: Adwords Express New
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 02:24:57 pm »
AdWords express takes away most of the control of your campaign, you cannot edit your keywords so you will appear in more searches but those searches will not be relevant to you,

Eg:......i tried it and it created the key phrase 'hull cleaners' which if it was hull carpet cleaners it would have been useful,..... but with just 'hull cleaner' I was getting clicks for people who justt wanted a cleaner not a carpet cleaning

also the key words were listed as some sort of algorithm so you couldn't not see what the key word actually was......

( i have just looked at my campaign page and here is a keyword used in my AdWords express campaign.....

CampaignMgmtstylePrefOverride=2&__u=5156432189&__c=7116632909#a.3072348431_66204191

what does this mean??????

with a normal AdWords campaign i was spending £30ish a month with a CPC of 90p but with express the cost was set at £3

to me express is for people who don't know how to use normal adwords
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk