Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ultimate Master
« on: April 24, 2012, 10:14:34 am »
any views on ultimate Master (powder for portables) iether as a pre spray or intank solution mostly for domestic carpet cleaning.

Kinver_Clean

Re: Ultimate Master
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:34:21 am »
A lot of people are steering away from in tank chemicals, especially with higher pressure pumps as they do not do the innards of the pump much good.
I have had my machine for 8 years and it has only ever had plain water through it.
It seems a bit of a faff to use microsplitters in the prespray and brush in then rinse with the machine but it gives a good results and does not take that much longer as the rinse is quicker.

Here we go again....... I only use a cold water rinse even on EOts (there is usually no hot water & I don't want to wait 3/4 hr for it to heat up.)
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Jim_77

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 12:28:09 pm »
I used to use it with a 135psi diaphragm pump.  Very difficult to quantify but I had to change the diaphragm a bit more often than using plain water, not very much though.  I think heat knackers them much more than chemicals... I tweaked my thermostat up a bit to get the water hotter.  I was still only going through one diaphragm about every 4-6 months though.  At around £20 or so to change, well worth it for the extra performance.  Wish I had those kind of maintenance costs with a TM!

I always used to pre-spray though... the in-tank stuff was used for real dirty stuff as a bit of extra muscle.

I never used to mix it full strength, maybe only 50% - 70% of the recommended.  Also it's essential to mix it in a bucket and let it go clear before adding to your machine tank, otherwise the powder isn't fully dissolved and could knacker the pump a bit quicker.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 01:17:37 pm »
I agree my machine is now 3 years old still with original pump 135psi i premix ultimate master 2 scoops to 9 lt warm water as a prespray then 2 scoops premixed in my porti tank (ninja) allowing for a 20 minute dwell time after brush agitation, I set the intank heater to 40deg but still use a inline heater setr at 160 so lots of hot water and steam. I always have good results. I have seen loads of praises for those using splitters as a pre-spray and getting great results. Domestic holmes is not a major part of my business as i do mainly commercial/industrial jobs which I go about in a completely different way. My domestic side is growing by the day so I do want to keep up with whats best.

john martin

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 06:23:40 pm »
 so , from the data sheet  , ultimate master is 30% complex phosphates  ( which is Sodium tripolyphosphate )
So they could jump on the band wagon and call it microsplitter  ...
A.P.M    alltec powdered microsplitter

Anyway i always liked the stuff ,  smells nice too .

Griffus

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 06:33:58 pm »
I have the big tub of this and whilst it cleans OK I find it isn't the most suluble compared to Prochem powders. For this reason I can't remember the last time I used it.

Thought of selling, along with a fair few other chemicals that tend to just take up shelf space.

What I used to like about UM was that it was easy and quick to use. In the tank, prespray through wand, agitate then rinse. As easy as it gets, apart from the issues disolving the stuff.

clive ware

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 08:04:40 pm »
Cheap as chips though and works pretty well! :)

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 09:01:05 pm »
so , from the data sheet  , ultimate master is 30% complex phosphates  ( which is Sodium tripolyphosphate )
So they could jump on the band wagon and call it microsplitter  ...
A.P.M    alltec powdered microsplitter

Anyway i always liked the stuff ,  smells nice too .

Have you read a data sheet for the rug doctor in tank?

john martin

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 09:33:04 pm »
lol .. no ,  what would i find there ... i'd say lots of  foaming laureth sulfate  ?

I'v just started my data sheet reading to try and get an over view of whats in what   ...

since i posted the above i see that to call ' Ultimate master ' a ' microsplitter ' it would just contain STPP on its own ,  but adding impurities like surfactants will render it a mere ' detergent '   ;D

i'v looked at most of  the chemspec products ( detailed data sheet )

mostly differing combinations of the same ingredients in general ...
Formula 77 and ' one clean '  mostly STPP , with a bit of surfactant  .  Formula 90 , sodium carbonate + surfactant  .   

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 09:37:14 pm »
RD stuff is STPP

john martin

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 09:55:09 pm »

really ?  :o     another machine with no heater using MS