This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard iSparkle

Which Gutter Vac for domestics?
« on: April 18, 2012, 08:57:38 pm »
I'm looking at getting a gutter vac for clearing my clients gutters.  all domestic and all 1-3 storey houses.

what would you recommend in terms of size, and which generator?

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

TomCrowther

Re: Which Gutter Vac for domestics?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 09:02:10 pm »
Omnivac with a Honda 6.5kva gennie.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 09:02:53 pm »

what reach?
iSparkle Window Cleaning

TomCrowther

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 10:21:37 pm »
It depends Richard. I opted for the flexi-hose, which you use with a strong WFP {screws on the end} but I am about to get the aluminium tubes because the weight of the pole, the hose, the fittings on the end is too much at full stretch and I have had a few close calls, especially in the wind! Three storey is pretty much the max, more than that and you should get a cherry picker/platform.

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 10:26:22 pm »
I wouldn't not for residential work. Too expensive and too bulky.
Use something smaller and customers electric.

boshravie

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 11:05:26 pm »
I'm looking at getting a gutter vac for clearing my clients gutters.  all domestic and all 1-3 storey houses.

Go for this company, you will never go wrong. call nick, he is very helpful and a great guy to do business with.

http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/

Rogue Trader

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 07:44:42 am »
agree , omnivac too big and expensive speak to company mentioned above get poles from them and get a vac from clarke /machine mart dont bother with genny just make sure custy is in and use their leccy , if you have large commercial then and only then think about upgrading otherwise you will be wasting your money , i did it and i hardly ever use the big one now.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 08:48:03 am »

Go for this company, you will never go wrong. call nick, he is very helpful and a great guy to do business with.

Could you link a gennie to this one?
It's a game of three halves!

L.U.K.E

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 09:56:24 am »
Just got one of these and found them really good (http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/)
a lot quicker then using a ladder and safer to use.

Have a go on you own place before using it on a customers house took a bit of getting used to using the mirror at the correct angle etc. Whenever i quote for these jobs i always ask if i can use the customers electric.

Did a bit of research and thought the Omnivac was expensive and too big for what i would need it for
if you are looking at doing a lot of commercial work then Omnivac is the right choice.

Luke  :) :)

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 11:18:00 am »

what reach?
it can do 4/5 floors Richard, I have this system it is a beast on domestics it easy reaches although it is quite heavy sometimes to use it. is it worth the investment, I would most defo say yes
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

SB Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 12:03:33 pm »

after sales not the best in my experience, ordered some pole clamps over a week ago still not arrived!

Tried ringing no answer :(

Rogue Trader

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 12:36:15 pm »
DONT BUY ANY OMNI IF YOU ARE MOSTLY DOMESTICS - i hope that was loud enough for you

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 02:12:15 pm »

Go for this company, you will never go wrong. call nick, he is very helpful and a great guy to do business with.http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/

But does he ever answer his phone or email?
It's a game of three halves!

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 03:47:04 pm »
Thanks for all the really useful advice guys  :D

I am hearing loud and clear not to get an Omnivac if just domestics.

If i was to go with http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/ which set up should i get to do a good job on 2 - 3 floor domestics?

Thanks again

iSparkle Window Cleaning

Window Washers

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 04:18:45 pm »
I would Love to hear people's reasons why not ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 04:28:50 pm »
Easy, too expensive, too heavy, generator is massive and waaay heavy. Overkill for most domestics and a pain in the arse to set up. If you fill the drum you won't be able to lift it. I doubt Arnold could lift the genny in the van plus it's a fire hazard if you run it in the van.
Ok for commercial - total waste otherwise.

Use a smaller vac - keep it in the van every day with a normal reel of extension cable.

TomCrowther

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 05:49:21 pm »
That's funny. Every time I lift the gennie in and out the van, my balls get a little bit bigger!

Window Washers

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 06:30:37 pm »
Easy, too expensive, too heavy, generator is massive and waaay heavy. Overkill for most domestics and a pain in the arse to set up. If you fill the drum you won't be able to lift it. I doubt Arnold could lift the genny in the van plus it's a fire hazard if you run it in the van.
Ok for commercial - total waste otherwise.

Use a smaller vac - keep it in the van every day with a normal reel of extension cable.
heavy geni I agree with, fire hazard it is not unless your a complete tool (not you just in general)
have you ever filled a omni vac full on a domestic house ? because I certainly never have.

I can use ours on commercial and domestics it is 110v so is safe i dont need customers to be in nor leave a window open with an extention lead.

what is the one you have ?

Dave Willis

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 06:37:21 pm »
The question was Which Gutter Vac for Domestics?
In that respect the Omnivac is in my opinion too big, too expensive and too heavy. 110v is useless for domestic because you will have to lug a massive genny about for every job.
If you are running a petrol generator inside a van then you will have a fire hazard and a carbon monoxide hazard.

Dave Willis

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 06:44:56 pm »
I have had the same thing - DIY with the same unit 3600w
that fell apart after a year. Now have the eastern trading 3000w vac for bigger jobs.
most of the time a 1500w Lidl vac does the job for spur of the moment jobs with S2 carbon poles and custies electric.

I would recommend something between the two to be honest and not waste money on a £700 generator.