This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ronnie paton

window cleaning business for sale
« on: April 17, 2012, 10:38:47 pm »
estimated work at the moment amounts to 150k a year thinking of selling the full ltd company any one any ides of its valuation! please dont start a stupid debate about how its worth 3 x a monthly clean i want serious opinions.

or even better someone who has sold a BUSINESS

what did you get

trevor perry

Re: window cleaning business for sale
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 05:23:47 pm »
hi ronnie, depends on the profit the busines is making and also time you have had contracts for the commercial side and arre the contracts pretty secure, but i would estimate about £60k plus cost of equipment, why are you selling
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

ronnie paton

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 10:51:27 pm »
im not sure if iam but i wouldnt sell for that bloody hell i could sub it out for that!

Just keeping my options open has im finding employing a royal pain in the bum

jim bean

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 02:39:04 pm »
If u can earn 150k a year off it then who in their right mind would sell for anything below that at least. I'd be looking for half a mil for that lmao!

trevor perry

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 07:12:31 pm »
If u can earn 150k a year off it then who in their right mind would sell for anything below that at least. I'd be looking for half a mil for that lmao!
he isnt earning 150k that is just his turnover, to get an accurate estimate on the value of the business you would need his full accounts and profit which i doubt that ronnie would want to put on here.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

niceandclean

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 09:25:26 am »
If you were selling a business, say something like a retail outlet of some kind, the average price to purchase now is 2.5 times the annual turnover. But it always comes down to what someone is prepared to pay for it. If you have van's, work, staff and accounts ect are all up to date, might be worth to get a couple of valuation companies in to give you a price. The best thing is with window cleaning, you can effectifly just go out and be earning from day one, but with a shop you are going to have to keep advertising your goods, and the people that do walk through the door there is no guarantee they are going to buy your goods! IMO, a lot of window cleaning rounds are under valued.

DMC Window Cleaners Ltd

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 09:58:35 am »
other then tooling remember your not actually buying anything other then good will,
how good actually is that good will?
if your having a pain in the arse with the staff already when new management come in that might be the thing that kicks them up the arse or goes the other way
and if your take over a company that has staff you also have to think about tupe!!

ive bought a few small companies out some I got for very very little money and some not so little.

you have to think what its worth if your selling to a company local it would be worth a lot more as it fills in the gaps to the work they dont have if its selling to a non local person not worth as much.

you've always got to think "why is he selling if hes making that much profit"

out of intrested how much do you think its worth

roundbuilder

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 04:43:18 pm »
Ronnie why would it be worth more than that its the going rate It's only worth 3-5 cleans, all it is is window cleaning customers. Your not selling a pub or a shop, just customers. Personally I think your mad to consider selling up if you hit 150k a year.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 05:31:16 pm »
Ron why dont you split into 3 frachises
Spit and polish

DMC Window Cleaners Ltd

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 09:01:52 pm »
For a small domestic 3-5 cleans a business off that sort would not be worth 3-5 times if you got 500-750k for 150k work well done

Steve CM

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 06:31:47 am »
you've always got to think "why is he selling if hes making that much profit"

Some people just get bored, need a new challenge. What i find hard to understand is why people don't get that?

window cleaning can become mundane. Its an easy process to build, not much creativity to it.

Get work, clean it well, build a relationship, repeat process.

The more you do it the bigger you become.

Yawwwnnnn. I'm tired just thinking about it ;)

landy2

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 07:17:19 pm »
 i agree with mick you are only selling good will,  if you are selling tools then that would have a diffrent more fixed price , but with customers we all know if your face does not fit they will get rid of you know matter if your work is great and at the moment buying work is a bit dodgy as more people have got less money to spend and window cleaning is a luxury  ???

ashbash

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 09:03:43 pm »
130k at least.  dont understand how you have such a high imcome but struggle with staff. it will never go down in value if you manage it properly so unluess you desperate which you shouldnt be with that turnover keep hold of the goldmine you have mate

Danny Guest

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 10:28:06 pm »
1.5x NET PROFIT
 Depending on commercial contract periods that's what I would expect to pay for a ltd company.

Don't forget a ltd company has its own legal identity so what your also selling is the BRAND

Good Luck
Guest Cleaning Services