Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Safety Sheet
« on: April 17, 2012, 01:25:05 pm »
Hi guys does anyone leave a printed doe's and Don't pre printed safety sheet briefly explaining your process and precautions of a damp carpet, Slipping for example on stairway when damp. this would be a half pager that meets h&Safety requirements and left with the client.
Public liability insurance is sold as is but should a claim be made via a no win no fee lawyer and you have not met the H&S requirements and associated paperwork you will be up the creek as your insurance will not pay out.

To be sure is to be safe
Comments appreciated

Re: Safety Sheet
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 01:29:54 pm »
Oh I forgot to mention the above message relates to domestic property not commercial, Commercial work is coverd by RISK assessments, METHOD statements, COSHH assessments and whilst working a mix of barrier tape wet floor signs etc.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 03:19:59 pm »
For domestics no I don't.

I've always kept it light-hearted and explained there are 2 rules:

Don't go making mud pies in the garden and then walk straight onto the cleaned carpet.......not unless you want to re-book me in for next week

Just be careful not to slip when coming off a damp carpet onto a hard surface.

I say this to every single client as a matter of course so I know everybody hears it. If somebody wanted to deny I'd said it, I could simply site all my other clients who would confirm I do say it to them. (This of course would be no different to one of your clients claiming that you hadn't given them a piece of paper. To avoid this you would then get them to sign for receipt of it-but really I do think that would look just a bit too "heavy" and legalistic).

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Paul Clapham

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 03:52:06 pm »
I always get my customers to sign a survey / quote form , on this it confirms the work to carried out and price, which the customer signs before I start the work , this helps to avoid any confusion about what I am cleaning and the price, if anything is changed I amend the form and get the customer to re sign and time + date ,

On the form is H&S advice re slip hazard etc, The customer gets a copy of this form and we keep a copy on file .
This is the season for fine wine, and drunken friends, enjoy this moment, for this moment is your life.

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 04:06:31 pm »
on the back of my quote sheets i have a list of do s and donts etc