Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Just as a matter of interest
« on: April 12, 2012, 09:06:48 am »
Just as a matter of interest are there any active carpet cleaners or rather (Carpet Hygiene encapulation/extraction technitions) out there who are over 60 and loving it!!!  8)

Hilton

Re: Just as a matter of interest
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 10:34:43 am »
Loads & Loads............... I think this has been asked before on here and the oldest was close to eighty or their abouts.

derek west

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 10:41:40 am »
not yet but give it 13 years. ;D

from edge2edge

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 11:22:45 am »
How old are you William

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 01:27:51 pm »
 :)62 in a weeks time I think I get some funny looks sometimes!!! from the younger cust's but generally as I usualy do more than clean carpets especially for the older customers fix this fix that my partner thinks i'm far too soft!!! What the hell I enjoy what I do happy customers at the end of the day is all that matters "oh and a bit of dosh"

andrew stone

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 02:17:00 pm »
william

a mate of mine is 73 and still in the game part time.
he still enjoys the work and still earns pretty good money.
the way pensions are going i think i will be joining him!

good luck

andrew

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 04:14:01 pm »
I am 70 next month and do 3 days a week.

A mate of mine runs a garage- or used to, his sons do now but he helps out.
He says that on Monday he is getting over the weekend, on Tues he thinks about work, by late morning Wed  he is raring to go so he does a bit on the afternoon and by Thursday he is winding down and, well, by Friday it's another bloody weekend.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

from edge2edge

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 04:24:53 pm »
William i am 54 and cant even think of a time where i wont be doing some sort of work as have very little put away.Really enjoy meeting new people too.Regards Alan(swindon)

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 05:24:14 pm »
Well greatings Allen i'm from Chester but once a year I go down to Swindon as I do carpet cleaning at quite a big factory there that make anti biotics will look you up next time maybe throw back a pint. I work 6 days a week about 60% of my cleaning is in factories and offices, I love it have no plans of calming down just yet!!

Dave_Lee

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 01:02:00 pm »
Ive recently turned 66 years. Still going full pelt with the help of a big TM.
Still very active with work and leisure time, and if you still can do, then why not.
The other things is, need the money as pension is rubbish.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

from edge2edge

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 01:48:28 pm »
William is that Patheon(if so i live just round the corner from it in Covingham)..............Alan

Lansdowne

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 08:08:24 pm »
65 June 2014 still loving carpet cleaning

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 10:03:27 pm »
Yowr nowt but a kid ;D
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 05:53:15 pm »
Hi Allen it is Patheon in fact I will be going down end of May this time not carpets but I will be stripping and sealing the yellow mile on behalf of Veolia who are the new Waste and cleaning Services contra ;Dctor.

from edge2edge

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 08:37:33 pm »
Small world William.I had a company ring me up a couple of years ago wanting to hire a couple of drycleaning machines(HOST) who were doing Patheon(or whatever is was called then) so do you now do the carpets and if so what method do you use.............ALAN

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 08:34:24 am »
Prespray followed by bonnet & rotary with a chap comming up behind me with hwe I know it sounds a bit long winded the above is in most of the area's however some individual offices and meeting rooms gets a prespray and hwe only- all area's depends on level of soiling. The three of us book into a local pub/ accommodatrion and work after 4pm till about 1am in the morning. over 2 days however some times we will have some strip & sealing to do at the same time so anything between 2 & 4 days