Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: For Sale Sections
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2012, 11:05:47 pm »
No one is poorer than me!

Shaun the impecunious

AshWhite

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2012, 11:34:19 pm »
No one is poorer than me!

Shaun the impecunious

You can afford a dictionary though, eh?
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

wynne jones

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2012, 11:41:33 pm »
The other week there was a thread about the Cimex. One of the the first things I did was go an have a look on ebay to see what was on offer.  
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Tony Rowley

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2012, 07:20:14 am »
Thanks for the business lesson Jim.

I still dont think it's such an outrageous idea to be asked for a couple of quid to advertise to a captive audience but what do I know I am just a small time carpet cleaner with no business sense.

Tony

Jim_77

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2012, 09:17:48 pm »
Tony, the point is that forums are the kind of things that are offered as a FREE to use service for certain communities... if the owner wishes to recoup revenue for their running they should do it in ways other than charging their users to use it!

Tony Rowley

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2012, 09:42:10 pm »
disgusted at the pack mentality against tony at the start of this .. but he is right.. i see the braggers on here every day who claim to charge this and that and they got the best equipment ever but when it comes to selling anything for say £400 the same people are crying because they cot to pay a fee .. i smell something out a cow's bum with a lot of folks on here

Missed your reply dan, thanks for the support, it's their attitude that stops other new members contributing for fear of being shot down in flames which is not good but the mods let the behaviour go, not that I need anyone to defend me but apart from Jim who is intelligent and does make worthwhile posts the others are just part of "the pack" like bullies. Nothing worthwhile to say but just put others down but if that's how they get off good luck to them.

Tony

derek west

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2012, 09:52:25 pm »
wether charging is right or wrong i think it will be detrimental to ciu. less people will put goods up for sale because of the fee which will mean less people coming on here for a nosey, which in turn will put off advertisers which i guess is a good revenue. forums seem to forget there main oposition is facebook and twitter, few guys on here ask why we want carpet cleaners as friends on our facebook, well thats my answer. i get just as good info off facebook as i do off here and throwing even the smallest spanner in the works will only speed up the inevitable, the forums demise.

my advice, charge those that make money off us, don't charge those that make this forum what it is. after all, "we" are your bread and butter.

not saying i'm right, but its food for thought.

Tony Rowley

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2012, 09:57:47 pm »
Tony, the point is that forums are the kind of things that are offered as a FREE to use service for certain communities... if the owner wishes to recoup revenue for their running they should do it in ways other than charging their users to use it!

Not defering from my previous comments but yes Jim I see your point and to a certain extent agree, just thought that you took a particularly passionate point of view on it, just wanted to bring a different point of view, devils advocate if you like.

Tony

wynne jones

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2012, 10:01:51 pm »
CIU certainly missed a trick there Derek. Harvesting all those contacts for your FB page would have been worth a bob or two to them.  ;D

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2012, 10:07:46 pm »
CIU certainly missed a trick there Derek. Harvesting all those contacts for your FB page would have been worth a bob or two to them.  ;D

Oh well done :o Nothing like giving them even more money raising ideas  8)

wynne jones

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2012, 10:13:43 pm »
Pay-To-Post there's another idea for them.  ;D

Tony Rowley

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2012, 10:18:18 pm »
Pay-To-Post there's another idea for them.  ;D

Your post are almost as constructive as Paul moss.

wynne jones

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2012, 10:32:50 pm »
Tony I don't know you but you do seem to be a 'Mr Angry' where the whole world has to agree with you or you throw your toys out the pram. I'm sure in real life you are not like this and is just the impression I get from your posts.

Hope you find this constructive.

Paul Moss

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2012, 10:38:30 pm »
Tony to say that your an absolute helmet is about as constructive as i could be to you ::)

Tony Rowley

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2012, 10:39:15 pm »
Tony I don't know you but you do seem to be a 'Mr Angry' where the whole world has to agree with you or you throw your toys out the pram. I'm sure in real life you are not like this and is just the impression I get from your posts.

Hope you find this constructive.

Wynne I don't know about you but you appear to me to be one of the pack (a bully) I am sure your not like that once you can't hide behind your keyboard.

Tony

Tony Rowley

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2012, 10:41:12 pm »
Tony to say that your an absolute helmet is about as constructive as i could be to you ::)

And the pack leader comes out to play!

I cannot dignify your patheticness Paul better we don't respond to each other in the future.

wynne jones

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2012, 10:48:25 pm »
Tony, what on earth are you on about (a bully)? My posts have been suggesting paying to sell items on the forum has limited scope and to have a light hearted approach to the dilemma.

Jim_77

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2012, 11:12:01 pm »
Tony, we seem to disagree on some things but as you say I do voice my opinions passionately, just my way :)  I know what you mean, it may well be only a couple of quid or whatever but it's the principle of the thing, that's what gets my goat.

As for Paul Moss, you have to learn to take him with a pinch shovel full of salt... he is a naughty scamp and likes to push peoples' buttons... I used to bite, and he and the gang used to get a good rise out of me... but you learn to just accept it's just screwing around and it's very easy to take the mickey from behind a computer keyboard ;)

No matter what, you can always console yourself with the fact that he's a ginger ;D ;D

Tony Rowley

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2012, 11:16:15 pm »
Now you told me he is a ginger I can't fight with him no more, my mum told me not to pick on........... Well anyway I take it all back sorry Paul no more fighting, make up make up never never break up........

Tony

wynne jones

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2012, 11:17:46 pm »
Tony

What happened with TACCA did you join in the end?