Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

Re: 4,6,8 or 12
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2012, 11:37:47 am »
was 6 or 12 weekly now 5 or 10 weekly most of the customers are happy with the change and so am i nice pay rise  ;) ;D
go down to 4 and 8 weekly you will be rolling in it  ;D

Im thinking about buying a second van and setup and changing them all to weekly  ;D ;D

do ya think i will lose many customers, i think i would lose 99.99999% of my customer if i did  :o :o :o
let me know if you do, I will send a canvasser up your way  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2012, 01:09:43 pm »
Ever time I read this type of thread I come to realize how some are not quite business men yet and still think like window cleaners and even worse they even think like customers.Who is really number 1 the customer? No You are! no 2  your customer. To stay in business you do need to be a little greedy for want of a better word.I have never seen a monument build by any customer for any service provider.One needs to think of the consequence of pricing and be business like.If a customer wanted to save money by cutting her visits by you from 4 weekly to say 8 weekly why should this be at our expense.She saves, we pay for it.It will cost more admin more planning etc as some one has so eloquently said above.Same of the above remarks are just to justify your ill thought out business( none) plan.

Erithwc

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2012, 01:15:21 pm »
Ever time I read this type of thread I come to realize how some are not quite business men yet and still think like window cleaners and even worse they even think like customers.Who is really number 1 the customer? No You are! no 2  your customer. To stay in business you do need to be a little greedy for want of a better word.I have never seen a monument build by any customer for any service provider.One needs to think of the consequence of pricing and be business like.If a customer wanted to save money by cutting her visits by you from 4 weekly to say 8 weekly why should this be at our expense.She saves, we pay for it.It will cost more admin more planning etc as some one has so eloquently said above.Same of the above remarks are just to justify your ill thought out business( none) plan.

You need to keep the customers happy to a certain point if they want to change from 5 to 10 weekly they get charged extra but without customers you have no business you need happy customers to help you grow you business.

Regards Paul

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2012, 01:43:29 pm »
I tell them 2 weekly or 4 weekly that's the service I offer if they want a longer frequency find another cleaner
Spit and polish

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2012, 04:56:20 pm »

So I take your way of thinking like a buisness man and put up prices, so you can stay in buisness.

So I must be thinking like a window cleaner and won't put up prices and I won't last in buisness.

What a load of rubbish. You can succeed either way, there is no right or wrong way, its whatever you see as right for you.

I think if someone provided a regular service for me and I asked them not to come so frequently, so I could save some money ( especially in this financial climate ) and the provider of the service said yes but it will cost more each time I come. I know what i would say, and find someone else.

So my way is thinking is in a buisness sense too, because I want to stay in buisness and not loose any customers..
Darren
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

Window Washers

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2012, 05:19:50 pm »

So I take your way of thinking like a buisness man and put up prices, so you can stay in buisness.

So I must be thinking like a window cleaner and won't put up prices and I won't last in buisness.

What a load of rubbish. You can succeed either way, there is no right or wrong way, its whatever you see as right for you.

I think if someone provided a regular service for me and I asked them not to come so frequently, so I could save some money ( especially in this financial climate ) and the provider of the service said yes but it will cost more each time I come. I know what i would say, and find someone else.

So my way is thinking is in a buisness sense too, because I want to stay in buisness and not loose any customers..
Darren
Darren, I agree with what you say there on the whatever you see is right for you. as that is what matters at the end of your day.

If someone cleaned for you and you said you want then done less often to save some money (more often than not it is because the window still look clean I rarly get someone say it is to save money but even if it was that) and said window cleaner explained to you the price for the longer frequency was a little more but saved you x amount a year so a massive saving for you, would you honestly find someone else ? ( I defo would respect his honesty and understand doing them less often means he needs 2 people to fill one spot. I say that from a homeowner perspective not a window cleaner)
Your thoughts now ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2012, 05:34:04 pm »

Ian,
Personally, I would question it, I just can't see how an extra charge can be made to do the same job, 1st cleans maybe, but regular cleans I couldn't justify.

You say it takes extra work, a minute or 2, we know how quick wfp is.  

Bird mess can become rock solid very quickly, so it doesn't matter if its 4,8 or 12 weekly its still be solid.

Extra paper work, a tick, cross or update some sort of software, what ever way we keep our records, you still got to do it every time ,4,8 or 12 weekly, its still got to be done,  so not sure why thats extra.

Lets face it what we do for a living is not rocket science or brain surgery, and theres lots of us out there waiting to jump in, I play safe and keep the customers happy.

darren

Window Washers

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2012, 05:53:01 pm »

Ian,
Personally, I would question it, I just can't see how an extra charge can be made to do the same job, 1st cleans maybe, but regular cleans I couldn't justify.

Bird mess can become rock solid very quickly, so it doesn't matter if its 4,8 or 12 weekly its still be solid.

Extra paper work, a tick, cross or update some sort of software, what ever way we keep our records, you still got to do it every time ,4,8 or 12 weekly, its still got to be done,  so not sure why thats extra.

Lets face it what we do for a living is not rocket science or brain surgery, and theres lots of us out there waiting to jump in, I play safe and keep the customers happy.

darren
see I dont charge extra for first cleans so it comes down to again we are all different.
I do personally charge more for 8 weekly 95% of the time because even if it does take 1 min more why should you do more work less often for the same money, that to me is madness unfortunatly sometimes i let emotion run my business thats the 5%, I am not knocking what you do just just explaining the point. I too prefer happy customers ;) I dont spend my time worrying about other window cleaners, I let them worry about me instead  ;D

matty72

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2012, 06:07:55 pm »
I think i might stay at six weeks after what you all say, if every single window cleaner did 12 weeks there would be alot less work wouldn't there, been in the industry about 8 years, when i think back majority did 4 weeks, then alot started 6 weeks including me then heard about few doing 8 and 12, for residential customers 12 seems long but if the money is right then maybe ok, i do think though no matter how long the industry hasto keep it's prices at a decent level or we could all suffer.

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2012, 06:09:04 pm »

Ian,

darren
see I dont charge extra for first cleans so it comes down to again we are all different.
I do personally charge more for 8 weekly 95% of the time because even if it does take 1 min more why should you do more work less often for the same money, that to me is madness unfortunatly sometimes i let emotion run my business thats the 5%, I am not knocking what you do just just explaining the point. I too prefer happy customers ;) I dont spend my time worrying about other window cleaners, I let them worry about me instead  ;D

Misunderstanding, I don't charge extra for 1st cleans, but I could understand if someone did, I go on a bit of advise you gave me once reguarding 1st cleans ( when I 1st changed to wfp ) - do the best you can and tell them it can / may take 2 or 3 cleans to get the windows up to scratch.

I like way of thinking about other window cleaners though.

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2012, 06:11:25 pm »
I think i might stay at six weeks after what you all say, if every single window cleaner did 12 weeks there would be alot less work wouldn't there, been in the industry about 8 years, when i think back majority did 4 weeks, then alot started 6 weeks including me then heard about few doing 8 and 12, for residential customers 12 seems long but if the money is right then maybe ok, i do think though no matter how long the industry hasto keep it's prices at a decent level or we could all suffer.
What I don't understand is why window cleaners are talking about changing the frequency, never change it unless the customer wants to change,

Window Washers

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2012, 06:13:27 pm »
What I don't understand is why window cleaners are talking about changing the frequency, never change it unless the customer wants to change,
100% correct  ;D

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2012, 06:16:27 pm »
100% correct  ;D

Thats good Ian, we agree on something
Darren

Window Washers

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2012, 06:33:30 pm »
100% correct  ;D

Darren
ok I changed my mind 50%  ;D

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2012, 06:41:27 pm »
100% correct  ;D

Darren
ok I changed my mind 50%  ;D
::)

bobby p

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2012, 06:56:49 pm »
i like 4 or 6 weekly

i let one woman get onboard at 12 weekly,then she wanted 11,then 10 , but last week wrote me wanting school hols only with a text first too !  i binned her letter and Rebelboy here will be sticking a few FFFs into the conver when she rings up in June .

elite mike

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2012, 07:04:34 pm »
i like 4 or 6 weekly

i let one woman get onboard at 12 weekly,then she wanted 11,then 10 , but last week wrote me wanting school hols only with a text first too !  i binned her letter and Rebelboy here will be sticking a few FFFs into the conver when she rings up in June .

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  lmao

Londoner

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2012, 08:35:16 pm »
Whats better, a customer on 8 weeks or no customer? Does the car wash charge its customers more if they haven't been for a while?

Customers are your business

Window Washers

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2012, 08:37:37 pm »
Whats better, a customer on 8 weeks or no customer? Does the car wash charge its customers more if they haven't been for a while?

Customers are your business
dude you have a defeatist attitude lately. why would a customer cancel. we are not a car wash so the comparison is way out try again and smile  :-*

Londoner

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2012, 08:47:08 pm »
Whats better, a customer on 8 weeks or no customer? Does the car wash charge its customers more if they haven't been for a while? Customers are your business
dude you have a defeatist attitude lately. why would a customer cancel. we are not a car wash so the comparison is way out try again and smile  :-*

Its not defeatest its smart. My customers get canvassed all the time by other window cleaners. If I didn't agree to 8 weeks or whatever there is always somebody who will.

It works the other way too.I have picked up quite a few over time because their window cleaners wouldn't be flexible. I'm happy to do it, the more the merrier.