Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

K.O. Glanville

I love my money maker, I mean Cimex
« on: March 04, 2012, 12:28:54 pm »

Shorty

davep

gwrightson

Re: I love my money maker, I mean Cimex
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 01:16:13 pm »

I love my money maker, I mean Cimex

I been saying this for years ,  and got to agree surround  does the job  :)

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 01:20:38 pm »
what amazes me is........ in that photo nothing has been removed from the carpet....... so why does it look clean??????? where has the dirt gone???
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 01:31:29 pm »
I used to clean with one of those 25 years ago although the shampoo is better now but what goes around it'll be hosepipes and a wicker beater next!

Nice job shorty well done.

Shaun

Allan Simmons

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 01:55:30 pm »
Franklins fashion Shaun?  Like what you used as a lad there?  ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 01:56:58 pm »
They beat us with wicker there ;D

Shaun

Allan Simmons

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 01:58:46 pm »
or a good thrashing through the machine!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 02:05:55 pm »
If you ever got the chance to go around the factory the Davar machine was a very impressive piece of kit also the belts lifting the carpets to the top floor were handy if you wanted to save your legs running up the stair.

Shaun

gwrightson

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 06:44:54 pm »

Who are You asking Simon?   
I have used various encap solitions some im happy other not so happy,however i have found surround does the job,  still hoping somebody will send me some realsit mind, would love to give it a go , I have a chinese restraunt to clean on monday in Leeds, reguler customer  and they insit on me using my cimex, I will try and remember to take some pics using the surround and cimex.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 07:17:57 pm »
Geoff and/or Shorty

Do you need to vac before using the cimex? And i asume you defo need to vac after? how long after going over the carpet do you need to wait before vaccing?

Also, is it only mainly used on low profile carpet? i.e. tile etc

Will it also work on a greasy chinese resturant carpet?

20 questions  ;D

mark shannon

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 07:24:11 pm »
Yes and what machinery do you use for stairs and edges?

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 07:46:09 pm »
Geoff and/or Shorty

Do you need to vac before using the cimex? And i asume you defo need to vac after? how long after going over the carpet do you need to wait before vaccing?

Also, is it only mainly used on low profile carpet? i.e. tile etc

Will it also work on a greasy chinese resturant carpet?

20 questions  ;D

It can be used on any carpet although brushes may be better than pads on certain types,

You can use chemspec enzyme shampoo for a restaurant.

I wouldnt bother with a post vac. A decent per vac is sufficient. Nobody will know the difference.

For edges etc a white floor pad and octopus edging tool is all you need.

A variable speed angle grinder with 8" pad holder and pad works on stairs.

wynne jones

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 08:15:56 pm »
Think there is one of these on ebay, was £650 last time I looked.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

mark shannon

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 08:18:26 pm »
Is £1500 + vat a good price for a new Cimex CR 48?

Do you find the Cimex useful for hard floors?

mark

gwrightson

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 08:32:16 pm »
I will attemt to answer some of the questions,

Pre vac  always, post vac  well this is infact an essential part of the procedure  when encapping, how ever I do always ensure the customer knows the importance of the post vac  stressing  that the areas must be vacced the following day, and as a high percentage of my encap work is larger commercail jobs they tend to have in house cleaners who will do this task, I have yet to have a customer object to this although I dare say some c/c may say i should revisit to do this myself, Why ?I ask myself when most premisis will be havignthe carpets vaccumed as a matter of course .  
Edges of carpeting as you will be aware do not have the amount of soiling as the rest of the carpet ,unless every body is walking with their feet along the eges constanly, and the brushes will infact create a covering up to edges if you are a skilled operator of the cimex ;D   as for corners  ::)  a good hand brush dipped in so;ution and a vigoures scrub does the trick, and stairs well I have even used this method succesfuly.
Greasy chinese carpet , never been a problem I clean 2 of their restraunts every 3 months , and once a year i extract with t/m   and believe it or not , they still want me to encap instead of h/w/e .

Geoff

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 08:37:00 pm »
What price do you charge Geoff per metre ?

Shaun

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 08:42:55 pm »
I know what you mean Geoff. We do a Uni halls of residence twice a year and they moan if the big yellow machine isn't used. Suits us it covers the are in a quarter of the time with the same result.

With regard to the post vac. I should have mentioned we include it in the quote as a separate item giving them the choice to pay us or get it done in house.

Nobody has ever paid our price for post vacuum or argued it should be part of the process as we take the time to educate them about the chemistry employed.

mark shannon

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 09:02:34 pm »
You know what have been experimenting with encap with a slow speed rotary and a shampoo brush and have been stunned by the results, am seriously considering purchasing a new Cimex unless I can find a decent used machine.