Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark2

kirby cleaners
« on: January 29, 2004, 06:35:21 pm »
hi im new to this site i just wondered does anyone use a kirby in their business and what do they think of them?

seanc

Re: kirby cleaners
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 06:52:15 pm »
i am also new but i have sold kirbys in the past best vacum in the world but do not use them for comm work unless you want to keep paying for it to be fixed they are built to brake the fan when stones get sucked up keep it for the home thats my veiw any way    :'(
do it today tommorow never comes

Derek

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 06:59:16 pm »
Hi

Quite a few professional cleaning companies use the Kirby vacuum for the pre-vacuum sequence prior to pretreatment and cleaning simply because they are so effective.

The function of using them for shampoo cleaning is best left to the householder..there are better ways available.

Regards
Derek

squeaky

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 07:09:35 pm »
I use a kirby or a Vorwerk before pre-treatment.
I do not think that there is much between them performance wise,however the Vorwerk is much much lighter is alot cheaper and certainly not so expensive if it goes wrong,so Vorwerk wins for me.

Mark
Part time (mornings) window cleaning/ suites and rugs in sunny Spain and loving it.

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 08:23:50 pm »
I agree Vorwerk are the best and very ergonomic, I’ve had mine for 13 years last year needed a new motor called Vorwerk, engineer came, replaced motor & done a service total cost £80 not bad.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2004, 08:29:38 pm »
i've never heard of vorwerk, do they have a website? how are they for vaccing upholstery?

i lke the kirby because you can take off the head and fit a hose when you want to vac suites

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Robert_O

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2004, 09:24:48 pm »
Hi

I have a spare Kirby that I was thinking of putting on Ebay shortly, in excellent condition.

Kirbys are great machines and not many vacs that I have seen come close. I would be interested in seeing the Vorwork by hearing your praise of it though.

But yes you have to be very careful in watching out for nails, coins etc. which can shatter the impeller. But that goes for many vacuum cleaners as well.

I recall shattering the metal impeller blade on my Holloway Pile Lifter, I was not a happy bunny. :'(

I have about 5 other Kirbys that I have picked up along the way, (all having shattered impellers) that I have got to get around to fixing up, then these will probably be going on ebay as well. I personally have never shatter an impeller in 10 years of using them, but I know that it is a thing to watch out for.

If any one is interested I am looking for about £150 for a black Herritage 2, with tools.

Regards

Robert Olifent

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2004, 10:52:28 pm »
:)
Hi Mike

The Vorwerk also dismantles for upholstery, stairs and high cleaning
Here’s Vorwerk web http://www.vorwerk.co.uk I believe they only sell direct, I also believe they started Sebo.

Len ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

seanc

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2004, 12:48:18 am »
i stand corrected (seems like you all use them) but i stillstand on what i said and yes from memory the vorwork is the better choice
do it today tommorow never comes

The Great One

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2004, 07:40:57 pm »
Hi Robert

I might be in the market for a kirby very son.

can you pm me, or email and give me prices and where you are located.

many thanks

Regards

Martin 8)

squeaky

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2004, 07:38:18 am »
Yes Vorwerk are excellent vacuum cleaners,I do not know what the price of a new one would be but they have always been alot cheaper than a Kirby (and you can't hang a Kirby on the wall !!

Mark
Part time (mornings) window cleaning/ suites and rugs in sunny Spain and loving it.

Robert_O

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2004, 10:49:29 am »
Hi every one

Just to let you know that I have now put the Kirby on Ebay if anyone is interested.

Regards

Robert