This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steve rix

Re: AM SPENDING 6/7K ON START UP
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2012, 01:21:36 pm »
Good luck, but ask yourself why are there so many nearly new systems on ebay?
why? don't like the job or not enough customers?

EXACTLY

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2012, 01:58:16 pm »
Why would you ever need to even learn trad skills if you had wfp? I dont see why but am willing to be educated...

i will never do trad, and i will never do insides. so there is no need to learn if your WFP.

Same!  ;D

WELL I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CALL YOU NEWBYS UNTIL YOU LEARN BASIC TRAD SKILLS, SERIOUSLY THATS EMBARASSING.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

colley614

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2012, 02:10:08 pm »
Why would you ever need to even learn trad skills if you had wfp? I dont see why but am willing to be educated...

i will never do trad, and i will never do insides. so there is no need to learn if your WFP.

Same!  ;D

WELL I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CALL YOU NEWBYS UNTIL YOU LEARN BASIC TRAD SKILLS, SERIOUSLY THATS EMBARASSING.

I'm with all the Boys on this one WFP and Trad both need to be mastered if you are to call yourself a window cleaner. Both are different tools to do the same job and both have their place in modern window cleaning.

magic moments

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2012, 02:16:14 pm »
Agree no harm in Learning trad,its realy not difficult after a bit of praccy,I have just saved around 60 litres of pure by tradding a bungalow.massive help if your using a backpack or trolley system like myself.

gto

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2012, 02:29:02 pm »
as i said before i will never trad anything, so don't need to learn.
if i can't do it WFP then i am not interested, i want to work the way thats easiest for me.

and after a year and a half i haven't needed to trad anything.

harunh

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2012, 02:48:47 pm »
Buy a round ? am only 21 why do i want to spend money on a round when i can get customers my self? Buying rouinds is only worth it to big companys who have a few vans on the road not for individuals like me.... i can get work my self !

Also i cant get customers yet... i havent got a car yet.... what if something pops up ? and i cant do it when ive booked them in ? I will get customers the day i get my car :) Simple as that

and learn trad? I dont need to when im wfp :) But i will be going on the goverment funded course for trad :) sometime soon

gto

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2012, 02:58:24 pm »
buying a round is probably the best way to go, from my point of view.
i bought a small round and had work canvassed, i still have 90% of the round and have almost nothing of the canvassed work.

the round customers are used to having a clean and don't really notice if the person doing it changes, and you can earn from day one.

new customers can take a free clean from you and never pay, mess you about, then cancel. others start well and the forget to pay so you chase them for weeks.

(the canvassing wasn't where i wanted it though)

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2012, 04:56:36 pm »
Buy a round ? am only 21 why do i want to spend money on a round when i can get customers my self? Buying rouinds is only worth it to big companys who have a few vans on the road not for individuals like me.... i can get work my self !

Also i cant get customers yet... i havent got a car yet.... what if something pops up ? and i cant do it when ive booked them in ? I will get customers the day i get my car :) Simple as that

and learn trad? I dont need to when im wfp :) But i will be going on the goverment funded course for trad :) sometime soon
ARE YOU REALLY LISTENING TO THE ADVICE BEING GIVEN TO YOU? DOESNT SOUND LIKE IT MATE, FYI LOADS OF PEOPLE BUY ROUNDS NOT JUST BIG COMPANYS. LIKE SOMEONE POINTED OUT,WHY ARE THERE SO MANY WFP VANS ON EBAY? COS PEOPLE RUSH IN BUY ALL THE GEAR WITH NO WORK...ALL THE GEAR BUT NO IDEA!  ALL THE BEST

ben M

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2012, 05:24:49 pm »

EXACTLY, same for me!

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2012, 05:30:15 pm »

EXACTLY, same for me!

There are not enough rolly eyes in the universe!!!...what you gonna do if you land an old folks home or the best job youve ever had and they want the insides done? "err sorry dont do insides" what they gonna do? ring matey down the road who now has his dirty finger in your pie! wake up newbys!

andyM

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2012, 05:40:43 pm »
If a customer asked me to clean the insides and I had to say "No sorry I don't know how to use a squeegee." I would look a complete prat and rightly so.  :-X
One of the Plebs

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2012, 05:44:08 pm »
if i can't do it WFP then i am not interested, i want to work the way thats easiest for me.

Same as above!!!  Even been going a year and a half!

This is nothing but a business to me, and my business doesn't include any internal cleans and no traditional either.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2012, 05:46:15 pm »

This is nothing but a business to me, and my business doesn't include any internal cleans and no traditional either.

did you read my last comment richard? what do you think of that scenario?

Scrimble

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2012, 05:59:18 pm »
my god there is some utter garbage being posted on this forum

gto

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2012, 06:00:11 pm »
you can keep on but, its my business and i will work how i wan't.

i have no interest in old peoples homes, or big contracts.
and do not want to go into peoples homes.
i want to keep my business simple, and WFP is perfect for my needs.

gto

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2012, 07:24:38 pm »
Grow up.
Why should everyone do everything exactly the same way.

londoncleaners

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2012, 07:34:12 pm »
May have something to do with....it works

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2012, 07:39:05 pm »

hey.

yes, did read your comment re : best job ever needing trad.  i guess we'd just offer to do the outsides only.  i f they wanted another cleaner who could, then we'd miss out on the job.

there's plenty of work out there and we just like to keep it really simple about what work we will do , and what work we wont do.  it's a lot easier that way.  especially with staff.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

ben M

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2012, 07:42:24 pm »

EXACTLY, same for me!

There are not enough rolly eyes in the universe!!!...what you gonna do if you land an old folks home or the best job youve ever had and they want the insides done? "err sorry dont do insides" what they gonna do? ring matey down the road who now has his dirty finger in your pie! wake up newbys!
yes, i would say: sorry i don't do inside, i am too busy and i have no time to do the insides!

ben M

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2012, 07:43:31 pm »

Same as above!!!  Even been going a year and a half!

hey.

yes, did read your comment re : best job ever needing trad.  i guess we'd just offer to do the outsides only.  i f they wanted another cleaner who could, then we'd miss out on the job.

there's plenty of work out there and we just like to keep it really simple about what work we will do , and what work we wont do.  it's a lot easier that way.  especially with staff.
EXACTLY