This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tony atkinson

Re: AM SPENDING 6/7K ON START UP
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2012, 10:54:52 pm »
You are spendin far to much money to start out with buy a van thats kitted out with system look on ebay pick one up for £2500 forget the trolly system as you are limited if u get a bigish job  get sum ladders pockets scrim blades etc roughly about £300 sum tops printed and van letterd roughly about£300 public liability roughly£160 for year 10.000 buisness cards £120ebay total about £3.500 then this way you will know if its workin and u like it and then if u r not pikin enough work up u could always spend the other £3.000 on a round the way you want to do it is ok but if it dont work you will lose alot of money when you sell the gear its tough at the minute cos evry one jumping on the band wagon thinkin they can make thousands over night it will take you a few years to get it right and hav a good income good luck..

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2012, 11:40:17 pm »
terrible idea mate.go van mount straight away.you can get what you want for half the price you ve mentioned.spend the rest on buying a round to start you off.

why dont you work with a window cleaner and learn your trad skills first? then when you buy a round you more likely to keep your new customers.

dont run before you can walk.you might find out you dont like window cleaning day in/day out.

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2012, 11:45:19 pm »
Why would you ever need to even learn trad skills if you had wfp? I dont see why but am willing to be educated...

KS Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 11:49:39 pm »
Why would you ever need to even learn trad skills if you had wfp? I dont see why but am willing to be educated...
To do inside windows ;)

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 11:52:55 pm »
There are other ways though yes?

roundbuilder

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 11:58:12 pm »

a stupid comment as usual gd. why do you always say a load of bull. trad is a must to be a "proper window cleaner". not that you would know as you couldnt hack window cleaning hey....

KS Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 11:58:53 pm »
There are other ways though yes?
aye,windolene

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 12:20:25 am »
Well there goes mick lurking in the background yet again, change the record....

As for having to do trad to be a "proper" window cleaner you need to move on, I have worked for window cleaners all over the UK and seen them doing the insides with a variety of methods. And guess what it doesnt always involve a squegee and blade but amazingly the windows were clean when they finished...

roundbuilder

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 12:26:43 am »

As for having to do trad to be a "proper" window cleaner you need to move on, I have worked for window cleaners all over the UK and seen them doing the insides with a variety of methods. And guess what it doesnt always involve a squegee and blade but amazingly the windows were clean when they finished...

haha knew you would bite...like a crappy boring open book....yaaaaaaaaaawn.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 12:34:16 am »
Come on then big man why is a question a stupid comment? You too need to get a life if you just trawl this place waiting to make your comments....

Anything posted tonight is certainly not about me me me as you put it...

There is another thread about this place becoming like facebook and people just splurging negative comments, its preventing people from posting as they dont want to be shot down at every turn.

Just a word to the wise, you wont ever stop me posting if I have an opinion on anything. I may not always be right but its my opinion and will post it...

If you feel better about this and feel you have a victory again then it says alot more about your character than mine....

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2012, 06:55:12 am »

To feel confident in every situation when it comes to cleaning windows,whether insides or outsides,it is allways best that you know a variety of techniques and those that kid themselves into thinking that wfp is the be all and end all will at some stage wish they had at least the basic skills of trad.
Although wfp is certainly much safer than trad when using ladders there will allways be situations when using a squegee will come into it's own....
Lets hope GD that this isn't one of your canvassing techniques by telling customers that trad is no longer required....

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2012, 07:36:12 am »
what i was saying was that working for another window cleaner would be invaluable.the guys only 21.plenty of time for building a round.he would have a better idea of whether he wants to window clean day in/day out.

IMO traditional window cleaning is all part of the tools of the  job.it comes in handy at times especially during very cold spells of weather on ground floor work.insides,large plate glass windows and shops,old wooden oxidised windows,in tight spaces where its easier than dragging a hose to get the job done etc.

price higher/work harder!

tom cronin

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2012, 08:06:42 am »
Imo a PRO window cleaner has ALL the tools of the trade, with out a doubt tradional tools have there place....for a start some jobs are just so much quicker, i got one particular job thats all ground floor, all dead easy toclean by hand, if i did it with the pole id use a days water on it by 10 oclock

gto

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 08:45:31 am »

i will never do trad, and i will never do insides. so there is no need to learn if your WFP.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2012, 08:45:36 am »
Id get canvassing now mate, if youre starting cleaning in april, youll have loads of custom by then. Just work out the dates so the custys have a rough idea of when youll be starting them.

this is the best advice on here.  business is all about sales, so the sooner you get some clients booked in, the sooner you'll get cash.  its very easy to spend money on your business with the promise of future rewards.

stop 'planning' and start getting some clients.  otherwise you re in danger of being a dreamer.

you can book cleans in up to 4 weeks in advance without problems.

good luck.  :)
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2012, 08:46:10 am »

i will never do trad, and i will never do insides. so there is no need to learn if your WFP.

Same!  ;D
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

rycalshaw

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2012, 08:48:02 am »
why wouldn,t you want to learn trad anyway,its only a case of going out with a windy for a few hours then practising at home,its not going to cost anything and its not a university course but theres no doubt it will come in very handy at some stage..

bad trippy

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2012, 08:56:27 am »
A, Get a proper van
B, Get a van mount (plus trolley)
C, Get a good flyer (only need about 100 cards)
D, Good luck

Ps... After reading some comments on here i would like to add. LEARN TRAD
there will always be a time when you need it, the odd shop,that cant be done wfp, the odd inside job.
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

KS Cleaning

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2012, 09:25:18 am »
I can understand people not wantin to do trad if they have a full round of WFP work,but if you are tryin to build a round and you want to maximise earning potential you would be better to learn trad as well,majority of shops will want done trad and you won't want to be turning down inside cleans if you need the work,I charge x 1.5 for insides so it can be a good earner.

simonr

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2012, 09:31:07 am »

how you getting on with your berlingo Kybl?
[/quote]

absolutely love it, i got a 2nd hand 45ft omnipole & that goes in no problem & i'm starting to be able to reverse quite well now, that was always my worry with a van lol, i go to scotland a lot & its better on deisel than my estate car was gonna protectakote it at the weekend &, it gets lots of looks now its sign written & i've had a few inquiries from it - only 1 job though

the question of trad,
 ive just quoted on a care home that my mates just lost because of h&s & he's only trad.  now i can wfp the outside in a fraction of the time but if i couldnt trad the inside i couldnt go for the job & it will be £250 for a days work  
wfp is great i even do bungalows but its only 1 part of the job