This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WavieDavie

Calling admin . . . Calling admin . . . Calling ad
« on: January 29, 2004, 01:58:30 am »
Hi Admin,

A few questions if I may.

Can you give us a list of what's classed as naughty words? One poster mentioned d i c k y birds and it got changed to thingy. I recently tried to put in s p o o n s but it came out as thingy as well. Now, d i c k y might be taken the wrong way, but s p o o n s ??

Plus, is there a guide as to what qualifies you to gain these stars? I've now got three of them and a full member, it says at the side - Ooh er Missus. Is it posts or length of time posting, do we need to cross your palm with a bottle of voddie for the coloured ones?

Also, while I'm on - what are sticky topics, locked topics, and however do you get a sticky locked topic?

Yours,

Curious from Edinburgh
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Forum Admin

Re: Calling admin . . . Calling admin . . . Callin
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 12:19:36 pm »
Hi Wavie
There is a whole list of words that are set up by default within the programme that runs this board which automatically get replaced by 'thingy'. Becuase the programme is developed predominently in the USA there are obviously some terms they consider more offensive than we do. We'll try to get someone to have a look at these preset words and change them accordingly.

The member status is purely based on the number of postings with the ultimate accolade being 'Cleanitup God' when you get to 250. All backhanders are purely voluntary ;)

Sticky topics are creatd by moderators and appear at the top of a section regardless of how old the last posting is. Locked topics are those where no more replies can be added. Sticky ones are generally the ones that we feel are of most interest to most members and, as such, would probably not be locked.

Hope that helps.

WavieDavie

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 04:55:26 pm »
Hope that helps.

It certainly does Sir - thanks very much.

The mist clears . . .  I'd sussed out that subjects appeared by date of their last reply, but couldn't figure out how some topics were always closer to the top than some with earlier replies.

So, a sticky topic isn't confectionery that's been left on the dashboard then?  I'll get my coat - Bye
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park

Rob_B

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 06:29:09 pm »
The mind still boggles as to how rude or offensive the word  s p o o n s  is in the usa ???

WavieDavie

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 06:58:35 pm »
Maybe it had poo in it

Davie Park

WavieDavie

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2004, 06:59:14 pm »
poo is ok but spoon isn't !!

Davie Park

Neil

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2004, 07:00:58 pm »
I tried to write a word the other day which came out as bitching
can you guess what it was ???
Its not as rude as you might think lol ;D

Answers on a postcard please

WavieDavie

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2004, 07:01:16 pm »
p o o n  is poon

Davie Park

WavieDavie

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2004, 07:02:31 pm »
pregnant doging  = b i t c h ?

Davie Park

Neil

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2004, 07:03:59 pm »
hey you got that quick! can I asume you have tried to use it?
Shame on you! lol ;D

WavieDavie

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2004, 07:08:22 pm »
I do the occasional crossword.

Still bemused at p o o n though - C'mon admin give us a few tasters of USA naughties

Davie Park