Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Craigp

Re: Tried SPM again
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2012, 05:38:05 pm »
Laundry detergent contain fluorescers (optical brightners) they are really just for whites, we use blue fluorescers, some countries used to use red as they believed the red White looks whiter whilst we believed the blue White looks whiter.

Thats why White shirts glow blue under UV. - it's the detergent.

You can usually see if our c/cing detergents have flouecesers because it has a blue glow.

To see if SPM has just put under UV light.

But to be honest it's to diluted to have any effect on carpets.

AshWhite

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2012, 08:45:12 am »
When I use SPM, I spray it down very hot (a kettle which has been boiled 10 minutes previously), brush it immediately with a Rotowash, run my hoses and warm up the TM, then get busy extracting.
So, it gets a good agitation, and approx 15 minutes dwell time. I spray any dark patches first to give them longest dwell.

This is what works for me.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

james roffey

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2012, 11:36:58 am »
Still undecided on SPM, twice in the last couple of weeks i have had a wool carpet and the traffic lane was a little more soiled than elsewhere, tried SPM not happy with the results got some Powerburst which improved it quite a lot, feel like using Powerburst on everything  ::) i have yet to find anything as good on synthetic or wool trouble is i worry about using it on wool, if i thought it were without risk i would only use Powerburst.

Paul Moss

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2012, 01:44:30 pm »
 James what is the risk of using it on wool?

james roffey

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2012, 06:57:54 pm »
Paul

I honestly don't know, in three years i have been using it i am still waiting for that wool berber to turn yellow, but they sell stuff thats safe on wool, Powerburst aint one of them, ergo it could damage wool.

Have to ask woolsafe you know those people that endorse those products that we know bleach carpets, maybe not. I think the science suggests that higher alkaline can damage wool, over to you Doug

Billy Russell

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2012, 07:29:29 pm »
James, i'm sure if you look on the side of the tun, it says you can use it on wool, but must acid rinse!!

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2012, 07:43:44 pm »
I stand to be corrected but isn't/wasn't it taught that wool carpets should be left in an acidic state preferably around the ph6 to 7 range, therefore a high alkaline cleaner needs to be 'corrected.'

james roffey

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2012, 07:57:39 pm »
James, i'm sure if you look on the side of the tun, it says you can use it on wool, but must acid rinse!!

Yes it does, a carpet i did this week was a wool berber it was spotless just lightly soiled but the traffic lane next to the kitchen was dirtier i had to mix up some Powerburst to get a decent result, i do find it frustrating, maybe i am lazy but it can be a real pain having to re-clean. does anyone just use Powerburst.

Paul Moss

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2012, 07:58:38 pm »
If flushed / rinsed correctly power burst drys neautral

Billy Russell

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2012, 08:01:23 pm »
I use Powerburst alot and Hydramaster blitz!!!! both are really good!

AshWhite

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2012, 08:07:28 pm »

ut Billy, why use a sledgehammer to crack a nut??

;)
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Paul Moss

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2012, 08:11:19 pm »

ut Billy, why use a sledgehammer to crack a nut??

;)
Because its quicker and you get a more through clean, thats about it really 8)

Len Gribble

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2012, 08:21:42 pm »
Ditto but if I were to get some free sample of spm I would give it a go
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Billy Russell

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2012, 08:26:53 pm »
Shame you weren't a bit closer Len, you could of had half the tub i've got!!  ;)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2012, 08:32:59 pm »
If you have a TM the flush is greater so providing your water ph is around neutral then the dilution will send it that way, without getting into a debate of porty to TM you do clean differently with a TM.

I only use an acid rinse if I'm protecting something, as for pre sprays I use different once but don't be fooled into thinking because products are eco friendly or leave no tracable residue that they are set within the Woolsafe parameters, Pure clean is a Micro splitter and has a ph9 not sure what the ph of SPM is?

Shaun

Paul Moss

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2012, 08:36:32 pm »
Shaun whats a Micro splitter?

Billy Russell

Paul Moss

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2012, 08:38:58 pm »
Wiki pedia