Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dynafoam

Micro-splitters & Urine
« on: January 28, 2004, 11:10:00 pm »
Hi all,

I temporarily kidnapped another thread with a question regarding the use of 'micro-splitters' in nursing homes and other situations where there is long-term urine contamination.

So far I have not had a suitable opportunity of trying my favourite micri-splitting product  under these circumstances. Due to the requirement to 'get the job done' I have kept to the tried and trusted methods.

Have any of you performed the experiment?

What urine/odour neutralisation did you use?

How did the results compare with previously tried methodoligies?

As to which brand of micro-splitter used, regardless of any mud-slinging taking place elsewhere on this board, I have tried both, and formed my own oppinions, so concider that the results from either will, in all probability, be comparable.

John.

rob_s

Re: Micro-splitters & Urine
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 05:20:22 pm »
Hi

can anyone tell me which urine neutraliser works well with one step.

Thanks rob-s

Mark Betts

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 05:41:08 pm »
I wouldnt have thgought that it would matter.

I use PRO CHEM urine neutraliser

Mark

A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

Dynafoam

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2004, 09:20:08 pm »
Hi Mark,

Yes B153 has for years been my favoured urine neutraliser.

My reason for posting this question is that, even after neutalisation, the post-ammonial salts will still be present in the carpet. My understanding of micro-splitters is that they are salt-based (taste them) dispersants and I do not know whether the two salts will interact in a detremental manner.

Also, in conditions of severe contamination, I would customarily add an odour neutraliser to the solution tank as well as post-spraying worst areas. Here the concern is inhibiting the extraction process with the tank addative.

Maybe I'll have to carpet and heat my shed and piddle in there several times a day for the next few months in order to get a test area  :o :-/ :'(

John.