This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Glen

Vivaro/Trafic /Primastar MPG
« on: February 12, 2012, 04:28:09 pm »
Having recently acquired a Nissan Primastar, I'm shocked by the fuel economy.

It's doing about 28mpg and that's with no kit in it yet (!) although it does has a roof rack. I've moderated speed and acceleration to no avail.

My last vehicle was a diesel Corsa which did about 50mpg  - I don't expect the same from a van but more than what it's doing.

Does anyone else have one of these and if so, what mpg are you getting?

Richy L

Re: Vivaro/Trafic /Primastar MPG
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 04:34:21 pm »
I have an 08 Vivaro and I just tested mine over the last few days as I done a lot of mileage.
I got 35mpg FULLY loaded. But that was quite a lot of motorway driving. And I dont accelerate fast unnecessarily.

Does yours have 6 gears?

Glen

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 04:41:31 pm »
Yes, it's 6 speed , 2008 model with 2.0 DCI 115 engine with 34,000 miles

Silver Surfer

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 06:08:39 pm »
Having recently acquired a Nissan Primastar, I'm shocked by the fuel economy.

It's doing about 28mpg and that's with no kit in it yet (!) although it does has a roof rack. I've moderated speed and acceleration to no avail.

My last vehicle was a diesel Corsa which did about 50mpg  - I don't expect the same from a van but more than what it's doing.

Does anyone else have one of these and if so, what mpg are you getting?

Mine doing about the same,seems to be a coincidence since the cold weather!!! :o

DB Cleaning Services

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 06:44:53 pm »
I've got a 05 plate vivaro 1.9 I get 100mile to £20

Andy Leett

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 10:52:31 pm »
About the same from my Nissan.

alanwilson

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 09:13:43 pm »
Transporter about 30mpg and it's remapped to 215bhp, expert 32mpg but not remapped.

Has it been serviced lately, those Renault engines need done every 8k or so.

I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 10:30:49 pm »
1997 Citroen Berlingo 1.9D, 400KG tank, two ladders on rack, trad tools, poles etc.

36MPG, short trips, stop and go, no motor way mileage. Sure it's getting on a bit, but almost makes me wonder why I should get another van as MPG for vans hasn't moved on that much. Whilst on cars it's gone through the roof, nearing 100mpg on some models. It's a different thing all together of course, but surely van engines, the workhorses, you'd expect them to be more economical then the ones we see now.

Also, roadtax is a bit of a joke as it's seems it's a flat rate throughout. Nothing about CO2 emissions, whilst on cars you barely have to pay anything. Might be wrong there but that's the point I got when I was comparing vehicles.

spongebob

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 10:53:43 pm »
Transporter about 30mpg and it's remapped to 215bhp, expert 32mpg but not remapped.

Has it been serviced lately, those Renault engines need done every 8k or so.

Alan
Who did ur remap and was it a 174 you had done. wondered what difference it makes to the overall performance. Mine is standard and flies when you rev it but will easily bog down in 3rd or 4th up hills when I would expect it to manage. Would be good to know.
Thanks
Andy