This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

edd

where can I get good hot brushes
« on: December 27, 2005, 12:14:35 pm »
I use a hot system but need a good brush that wont splay out to much any help please edd ???

DP

Re: brushes
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 04:37:49 pm »
Re brush:
Which brush are you useing at the moment then? I dont know the answer but it might be the first question from others  ;)

Question:
Is the hot system any good and who's is it (there are a few people hovering over this question inc ME  ;D ).
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

edd

Re: brushes
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 11:41:42 am »
the hot system is from ionics it is absolutly brill it works it dos not leak and i can do a lot more windows which I could not reach before so i can make more cash ie skylights velux conservatory roofs facias . Guttering its execlent on £30 a go and the customers love it even the victor meldrew old gits what could be better than wash & go no drying no rist ache sqeedging and most important no slipping ladders. >:(but the brushes are crap its ionics id just expect somthing better for £12000 they are only 2weeks old and all splayed out and look nackerd with bistles missing prob due to the hot wash.I would just add that I will always recomend this system even now with nice hot poles to hold no freezing jets how cool is that EDD Istill need help finding a brush suitable for the hot wash any idears guys please help[/color]

Jeff Brimble

Re: where can I get good hot brushes
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 07:38:39 pm »
The collection of Tucker brushes are made of different material to the Ionics but even theres are not designed for hot water.

DP

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 08:10:16 pm »
£12k    Sorry Edd but if I had paid that  for a system and the brushes fell apart, I think I would be straight back at Ionics telling them to sort it out.

The only people who can help are those useing hot water sucsessfully (if hot water is the problem and not crap brushes) or some manufacturer who had field tested their own kit and know it will be ok.

Im guessing not many.
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

JM123

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 05:52:36 pm »
Surely Ionics should sort this out - how hot is the water coming out of the brush?  I'm interested in hot water systems but really put off by the new car price tag.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 10:03:37 pm »
Edd,

I will look into this on my return in the New year.

Kind regards

Reuben 

edd

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 11:27:33 am »
Yeah yeah ive talked to them first before comin on here but they said all the brushes do this and they tested them for nine months .So I will phone them again and not get fobbed off this time, meanwhile i still need imfo on all other brush makes plz.  Bytheway the thurmo pure system is surly the best system performance is outstanding dont be put off by the brush ,the staff at ionics are very helpfull and professional.Have a demo like me you will not be disapointed and it is definatly worth the cost £12000 or like mine with a van all signwritten and fitted out ready to start work£22000...take it from me the extra money u make will more cover the cost plus all the extra time off is cool too EDD

Morph

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 12:39:39 pm »
£22,000!!!

Well, I don't really know why we haven't all got one! ::)

I have a friend who has his business so sorted, he's planned to take early retirement this year.  Kicking off with a cruise in march.

His wife's just been told she has just weeks to live.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 01:49:58 pm »
If you dont mind spending £22,000, why not experiment with a £21 vikan brush head and see if it works with the hot system or not (I can't see any reason why not and it is a lot lot better than Ionics own brushes). Have a look on our site.

Alex

mark6765

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 02:01:11 pm »
£12,000 is a lot of money just for hot water. has anyone worked out how to do this by D I Y. maybe by droping an element in the tank. they cud be powerd by a good inverter while out at work. and by mains before you start work. how does the ionics system work. any ideas guys !

Ben Walker

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 04:05:09 pm »
over the side emersion heater here:

http://www.andwat.co.uk/acatalog/WATER_HEATERS.html

though for 240 quid for what is basically a large kettle expect to get a good brew!  ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2005, 04:15:27 pm »
£12,000 is a lot of money just for hot water. has anyone worked out how to do this by D I Y. maybe by droping an element in the tank. they cud be powerd by a good inverter while out at work. and by mains before you start work. how does the ionics system work. any ideas guys !

I did go to a demo of Thermopure a few months ago.  I believe Reuben said that it is powered by diesel from the fuel tank.  I think he also stated that a separate tank could be installed to heat the water.  This would allow red diesel to be used.
I didn't make the purchase though because I needed to upgrade my van too and I needed to spend rather less than Ionics were asking.  I don't doubt that their system was fine but hot water isn't important enough for me at this time.

edd

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2005, 06:47:19 pm »
trust me its worth every penny it has got too be twice as quick on some jobs and faster on others BUT I STILL NEED BRUSH IMFO NOT A DEBATE ON HOW MUCH I HAVE SPENT THANKS GUYS!!!!!!

mark6765

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2005, 07:01:34 pm »

trust me its worth every penny it has got too be twice as quick on some jobs and faster on others BUT I STILL NEED BRUSH IMFO NOT A DEBATE ON HOW MUCH I HAVE SPENT THANKS GUYS!!!!!!
 twice as quick as wfp cold water or traditional methods.?

H h20

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2005, 07:06:27 pm »
Why don`t you get the brush trimmed,i convert my own brushes and the place i get them from can trim them down to what ever length you need the bristles,Gaz

Ben Walker

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2005, 07:12:42 pm »
i have a vikan and also a salmon brush (as adapted by Peter Fogwill for auto brush)

i think the salmon is good as 1, the bristles are stiffer, 2, bristles are 'currugated' -therefore more abrasive on glass, and also makes space for dirt to be washed away more perhaps.

maybe this one would work for you

ben

matt

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2005, 07:51:33 pm »
not being funny

you spent 12 K on a system and the brush is knackered after 2 weeks

i would be on the phone to them and get it sorted and next day delivered a new brush

edd

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2005, 05:40:29 pm »
thanks ben nice advice this is what im after guys

stevekennedy

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2006, 06:34:43 pm »
Like you, we use thermopure. Like you, our brushes get splayed. I have tried the Vikan heads. They did last a bit longer (about twice as long) but left the windows spotted if you rinse "on the glass" as I prefer to do. Wasn't worth the loss of business or the call backs. I also found them harder to move on the glass. Just a personal preference.

We now trim the worst of the splayed bristles first, use it for a bit longer then we replace it. Lasts about 2 months then you need a new brush. Just need to factor it into your prices.

You can minimise the effect by not pressing too hard on the glass or scribbing the sides too vigorously. You do not need to do this with a hot system. Let the hot water do the work for you. Just keep moving lightly over the glass and the dirt will slowly dissolve.

ALso, check that the angle on the head is right. If not then the bristles at the top will splay out more. Check your brushes. Are the bristles at the top splayed out more than the bottom? or visaversa? This could be the angle.

I guess any brush that is made of nylon will eventually warp and splay with hot water. Somebody needs to make one with bristles made of a material that is more heat resistant.

I did hear of a brush you can get that uses boars hair. Tucker make em I think. Not tried them yet.