Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne zabel

What percentage have a 12 monthly reclean
« on: January 29, 2012, 04:42:45 pm »
Ive been going now about 18 months and although I get lots of repeats and referals I'm a bit dissapointed with not getting that many repeats after sending out 12 monthly reminders.

Ive sent about 50 out since xmas and only had 3 take ups.I suppose the biggest problem is educating the public to have carpets cleaned every year instead of waiting again until they are visibly dirty.

Just wondering what percentage of your jobs do you a 12 monthly reclean from?

robert meldrum

Re: What percentage have a 12 monthly reclean
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 05:13:55 pm »
Do YOU, or did YOU get your carpets cleaned every 12 months ?

wynne jones

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 05:38:36 pm »
Ive been going now about 18 months and although I get lots of repeats and referals I'm a bit dissapointed with not getting that many repeats after sending out 12 monthly reminders.

Ive sent about 50 out since xmas and only had 3 take ups.I suppose the biggest problem is educating the public to have carpets cleaned every year instead of waiting again until they are visibly dirty.

Just wondering what percentage others have in getting 12 monthly recleans.

Wayne maybe suggest the idea to them right after you have done the clean and give them a very good reason to go on some sort of maintenance plan, like monthly payments for the clean with a discount.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 07:00:03 pm »
Educate them all you like they only get a clean when they decide they are looking a bit dirty.

Dont call me, I'll call you

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 07:23:27 pm »
People nearly always ask "How often should they be cleaned?"
Ideally I say every 12 months although it depends on how you look after them in the meantime, I also tell them maint makes them last longer.
All the same I still have very few who take this on board without being reminded by letter.

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 07:29:50 pm »
Neil,how does it compare to window cleaning.Repeat cleans
I mean?
You`ll have to explain to Wayne what the procedure is  ??? :)

Lewis  Doubtfire
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

Ricky M

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 08:18:39 pm »
mm............. its all down to in house on the job education and internal pro-active marketing with the clients you have IMO.

but what do i know ???

not mooch
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

Colin Day

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 08:45:32 pm »
Do YOU, or did YOU get your carpets cleaned every 12 months ?

I used to have mine cleaned at least 4 times a year before I became a C/C myself... That was probably because I was using a RD.... :o

Craigp

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 08:51:20 pm »
It's a common misconception when people start c/cing that after a few years your be able to stop advertising and live of repeats and recommends. Afraid not.

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 09:20:26 pm »
Neil,how does it compare to window cleaning.Repeat cleans
I mean?
You`ll have to explain to Wayne what the procedure is  ??? :)

Window cleaning is done on the cleaners basis whilst carpets are done on the clients basis..... That's the short answer.

Steve Chapman

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 09:39:05 pm »
I think thats the beauty of offering extra services, when we send out reminders we highlight all the other

things we do, so if they dont want the carpets cleaned just yet then they may be tempted with something

else, safe in knowledge that you did a good job and they can trust you.

If the customer doesnt particularly want the carpets done it doesnt mean thay havent got  money to spend, the more services you offer the more money on the table there is each time you visit.

Regards
Steve

Jim_77

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 11:45:38 pm »
You're unhappy with a 6% return on a mailshot campaign??!!??!!?!?!!?!!?!!!!!??

At the slowest time of the year??!!!!

bennymon

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 10:03:53 pm »
i was thinking the same jim  ;D ;D

wayne zabel

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 10:14:34 pm »
In hindsight I suppose its not bad,I just got the impression from this forum that this was a good way of getting work,so I expected a better response - probably my inexperience.

Got 4 bookings today so not as worried as I was at begining of the week about the phone not going.

Jim_77

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 10:41:03 pm »
6% is 6% Wayne, that's a cracking result for any direct mail campaign.  Normally it's fractions!

I wish I could get 3 in 50 of my old customers to book a job when I mailshot my list.

The number of letters you've sent is tiny for a mailshot... obviously the less time you've been going the less old customers you'll have who are ready for another clean, so the actual result in ££s won't be spectacular.

I would take this as a very encouraging sign that you're doing something right.  Just think in 5 years time when you send out 1,000 mailshots, if you get 6% of that you'll be more worried about tax avoidance :)