This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark mids

3 hours and only 3 new custies:(
« on: January 26, 2012, 06:20:14 pm »
hi guys

I went out today canvasing for the first time in three years, i found myself feeling nervous about knocking the doors, i thought it would not bother me so much after all this time, but i was wrong, i also forgot how demoralising it can be aswell. 3 hours and only 3 new custies ( mind you thats better than none  :) )
it was raining for a bit and then the sun came out and we had blue skys, do you guys find it easyer to pick up new custies when the sun shines?

cheers mark

Ian101

Re: 3 hours and only 3 new custies:(
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 06:23:30 pm »
another 4 days of that and u will have 15 customers and another 4 weeks u will have 60 customers and 3 months of that u will have 180 customers ...

its a numbers game

CleartechLee

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 06:28:56 pm »
I would be happy with the 3 to be honest mate, ive done nearly twice the amount of hours in a day and only got 1! if you manage to keep the 3 then brilliant

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 06:36:48 pm »
which day did you canvas, i find sat is the best day

geefree

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 06:39:02 pm »
Not bad that mate, you could have got 10.... or none.

Positive, thats the main thing.

steve rix

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 06:39:10 pm »
3 customers at say£15 each= £45 pcm, = £540 extra pa.
Also value of business has been increased from between £135 to £540 depending on who you believe on here,
Any way you look at it not bad for 3 hours work, carry on and good luck in the future

roundbuilder

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 06:51:24 pm »
3 in 3 hours is verey good if building up your own round i only get between 1-2 an hour depending on area when doing it for myself because i only want the best customers and not a load of crap.  unlike a canvasser you will take pride in getting quality over quantity. Theres a guy Gd Roundbuilder who braggs getting 22 in a night which is a good hit rate dont get me wrong but my god i would put money that many of them will be rubbish customers with lots of hassle. a canvasser will say and do all he can to get any old customer on the sheet and pray they last just 2 months so they get payed where as us cleaners doing canvassing  for ourselfs we try get the ones who will last the distance and give minimal grief. I know this from experiance.

king marko

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 06:52:57 pm »
Wouldnt complain at that mate - I did an hour and a half this morning and got two plus one maybe - picked up 4 new ones on Monday as well - it takes time but every little helps

Cliff perkins

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 07:57:36 pm »
I did 3 hours today and got none lol so dont beat yourself up beat me up instead lol  ;D
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

John F

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 08:03:05 pm »
another 4 days of that and u will have 15 customers and another 4 weeks u will have 60 customers and 3 months of that u will have 180 customers ...

its a numbers game

good point. just keep going. if your competition isnt knocking doors then you are growing your business and they arent. all the guys with good rounds had to do stuff they dont like to get the business they have now.

Jimmy Jon

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 08:08:20 pm »
Nice van you got there Cliff, Have you got a picture of it you can post for me to admire?  :)

Cliff perkins

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 08:11:17 pm »
Lol dont know how to on here think theres a bigger 1 on me website have a look on me profile details
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

Silver Surfer

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 09:00:45 pm »

Is this ok ;)

steve rix

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 09:01:48 pm »
COOL van

Steve Sed

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 09:01:56 pm »
It is a very nice van.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 09:23:39 pm »
One an hour.

That's 40 a week if you do it full time, or a pretty full round and good income (by most people's standards) in ten weeks of canvassing.

Vin

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 09:25:17 pm »
1 an hour is average i find

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 09:37:12 pm »
3 in 3 hours is verey good if building up your own round i only get between 1-2 an hour depending on area when doing it for myself because i only want the best customers and not a load of crap.  unlike a canvasser you will take pride in getting quality over quantity. Theres a guy Gd Roundbuilder who braggs getting 22 in a night which is a good hit rate dont get me wrong but my god i would put money that many of them will be rubbish customers with lots of hassle. a canvasser will say and do all he can to get any old customer on the sheet and pray they last just 2 months so they get payed where as us cleaners doing canvassing  for ourselfs we try get the ones who will last the distance and give minimal grief. I know this from experiance.

I have not bragged at any point, my customer started the thread because he was happy with what I did, I am trying to change the game by being different. The window cleaner was paid for 15 of those jobs on the day and all customers were spoken to. He has since been in touch and wants more work so I cant be that bad.

I am an ex window cleaner and want to provide a quality service that I will back up by delaying any payments.

Please try not to tar everyone with the same brush....

nick king

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 10:15:49 am »

I have not bragged at any point, my customer started the thread because he was happy with what I did, I am trying to change the game by being different. The window cleaner was paid for 15 of those jobs on the day and all customers were spoken to. He has since been in touch and wants more work so I cant be that bad.

I am an ex window cleaner and want to provide a quality service that I will back up by delaying any payments.

Please try not to tar everyone with the same brush....
well said about not tarning everybody with the same brush,we are exactly the same,we strictly adhere to the WCs criteria,we dont knock on houses where you can see its  abit run down,rubbish in garden,rotten frames ..etc,every day canvassing is different,you can never promise you will get so many custies,as like i said everyday is different,along with the areas.
Nick

John Farrell

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 10:45:53 am »
I done two full days this week and got not a one yet went out last week for a hour at the most and got 3.