Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Russ Chadd

Question about Prochem in tank detergents
« on: January 25, 2012, 05:20:03 pm »
Im sure this question has been asked a million times but here i go...

Prochem do a selection of extraction products such as :

Extraction plus PH 9
Crystal green PH 9.5
Double clean PH 9.8
Fibresafe gold PH 9

Well im confused... what is the purpose of the above products? if you have already pre sprayed with a detergent, why would you add more detergent when extracting?
I thought the purpose was to rinse the carpet or fabric to remove soils and detergent?

Also the PH is quite high on these above products so if you for instance wanted to extract a wool carpet why would you use Fibresafe gold instead of lets say an acid based rinse product such as Fibre & fabric?

Does adding a detergent to the solution tank improve results in anyway?

Cheers guys

Russ

Paul Redden Countryfresh

Re: Question about Prochem in tank detergents
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 05:30:05 pm »
fibresafe gold is a pre-spray, the old school method is detergents in the tank, which will clean but as you say will resoil.

Method today is higher ph pre - spray such as P/B or m/s agitated in and water or f/f rinse.

So 99% of the cleaniing is in the prep work.  ;)
"So basically its a big vax!"

Robert Watson

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 06:04:15 pm »
Hi Paul Your thinking of Pre spray Gold.
Fibresafe Gold is a self neutralizing rinse.
Good product.
The Kitchen Door Centre

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 06:12:06 pm »
These products are designed not to resoil. You have to remember a hell of a lot of carpet gets cleaned by other people other than carpet cleaners.
Take care homes for an instance. Lots of them use self propelled machines which spray and extract as they go along.
Formula 90 by Chemspec is reputed to be the worlds best selling carpet cleaning chemical. I have lots of customers who use this in the tank in fact I did myself most of the time when I cleaned carpets, no resoiling problems.

Wayne Boardman

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 06:17:55 pm »
Russ,

IMO - Ive had some great results recently on poly props- Used Powerburst prespray then Double Clean in the tank...For me much better than just PB then Extraction Pro. (Extraction Pro is now relegated to the garden shed).
Never used the rest so can't comment.

As for wool I use Pure Clean (Pre Spray) and a few scoops for the tank..Seems to work for me

Wayne

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 07:05:10 pm »
Not to long ago I did an experiment to look into this. I vacuumed a rug (polyprop) then presprayed it with PB. I then extracted half the rug with Double clean and the other half with just water. Once dry there was no visible difference to either half, neither the feel of the pile was different. What suprised me the most was the PH test. No difference, both sides tested at PH 8.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 07:35:44 pm »
I use intank detergents on most job. (Forumla90) Definatly cleans better than just acid rinse or water espesically on mingers. I wouldn't buy it other wise :)

Tony

steve cardy

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 07:40:12 pm »
I would expect to find both sides the same as the solutions you have used have evaporated.When cleaning you dont change the ph of the fibre itself the fibre  comes in to contact with an akaline or an acid depending what you are using and any reading you took while cleaning would show that.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 07:48:20 pm »
a dry carpet will not have a PH reading, you have to apply distilled water then agitate then test the pH  of the distilled water and any remaining detergent than was remaining on the carpet. this will give a reading equivalent to the pH of the detergent used to initially clean the carpet
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

wynne jones

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 08:20:59 pm »
Yep 'Dries neutral' another example of marketing shinaningins.

It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Wayne Boardman

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 08:51:42 pm »
I use intank detergents on most job. (Forumla90) Definatly cleans better than just acid rinse or water espesically on mingers. I wouldn't buy it other wise :)

Tony

Tony - Do you pre spay as well?

Wayne

Russ Chadd

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 09:04:57 pm »
Interesting replies i must say

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 04:07:11 am »

Tony

Tony - Do you pre spay as well?

Wayne

Yip

M.Acorn

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 07:29:10 am »
Will say since I stopped using double clean in my tank on the odd occasion,my pumps are lasting twice as long !!
What goes around comes around

John Kelly

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 08:11:33 am »
Flushing pumps through at the end of the day with fresh water will help a lot if using tank detergent. Otherwise there is chemical sitting in the pump head overnight.

ian harper

Re: Question about Prochem in tank detergents New
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 11:55:23 am »
Russ

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 11:56:35 am »
Russ

prochem are very cleaver with their dilutions. its about value for money. cheap will run out faster and you end up paying more. cleaver

or even clever Ian

respects

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 02:34:05 pm »
An not being Funny but your in the tacca? and i thought you had to be trained to join?
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

AshWhite

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 11:32:50 am »
An not being Funny but your in the tacca? and i thought you had to be trained to join?

This is exactly the kind of useless comment that can put people off asking questions.

It was a perfectly valid question - illustrated by the variety of different answers, and comments like this only serve to make you look like a pompous prat.

All in my opinion, of course.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Adam P

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 12:18:17 am »
can double clean be used as a prespray?

guess i must be scared off from comments on ph levels as i'd never think of leaving a carpet with a ph that high, but it's probably no different to using something like fairy on the carpet. i like to neutralise too much