Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Les

Re: IDENTICAL PRODUCTS - BALDERDASH!!
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2004, 03:42:18 pm »
I have been a 'Prochem' only user to date. Having read your 'Tried and Tested' comments about Solutions and One Step I'm definitely going to give them a go.
If any product supplier reads this and wishes to offer a 'Complimentary' sample, please feel free to PM me with details. (well you've got to ask the question) :D
I promise to purchase more if it works  ;)

rob_s

« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2004, 05:00:10 pm »
Hi

Can anyone help.Is there anything in the one step range,that can remove coffee,ink, from cotton/synthetic upholstery. Tried the concentrate at 1-1 ratio whith hot water,then agititate, no joy.

Thanks rob-s ???

« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2004, 08:45:12 pm »
Now is probably not a good time to say that a chemical is not working on a stain............not when debate is raging on how good One chemical is over another ;)

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2004, 11:12:29 am »
The reply from Solution our apologies it will take a couple of postings to enter all information

SOLUTION GLÖCKNER was founded in the year 1990 and occupies itself with production and distribution of special cleaning products for professional cleaning. In the year 1993 SOLUTION had contact with Mr. J.E. Crawford who was distributing cleaning products in Germany with enzymes and similar.
J.E. Crawford was the Managing Director of the company STAR CLEAN. This went into bankruptcy in 1993/1994 J.E. Following this J.E Crawford left Europe. He came back to Germany in 1995/1996 and founded the company CLEAN TECH. He tried to introduce into the German market a product called “ONE STEP”. The chemical content was and is still being produced as an American cleaning product by a company in Spokane, Washington, under there own name and was distributed as soap free !!!... this means, the chemical branded as One Step was not an invention of J.E. Crawford.
In 1996 J.E. Crawford/CLEAN TECH entered exclusive contract with SOLUTION for the distribution of ONE STEP products in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.  SOLUTION pursued and financed its own marketing, and developed the marketing term “micro-splitting” for the chemical reaction of ONE STEP products (phosphate based cleaners), which among experts is known as dispersion and has been for more than 50 years. The term “micro-splitting without enzymes or detergents” as well as the label belonging to this are protected for SOLUTION in Germany by patent. number M 97015946, German Patent Office, Munich 27th of June 1997.
SOLUTION distributed ONE STEP products with great success in Germany, and held an 80% share of the total European sales for ONE STEP.  In 1998 Ed Crawford sold the company CLEAN TECH to SOLUTION and once more left for the USA.  
During the following years SOLUTION bought raw materials from J.E. Crawford (at very inflated prices) and paid licence fees for the name ONE STEP.
In mid of 2000 J.E Crawford came back to Germany and demanded new very high financial contributions for raw material deliveries. Otherwise he would withdraw the contract. This occurred in November 2000 meaning that SOLUTION lost the name ONE STEP overnight. The consequences of this meant that 50% of Solution’s turnover as well as the existence of the company and its employees were endangered.
Faced with situation Günter Glöckner did everything possible to save his company. At times he even took measures, which were not judicially correct. For this SOLUTION/Günter Glöckner was penalised and fined.  From the point of view of SOLUTION it was necessary to in order to save the company. J.E. Crawford then founded the company CLEAN TECH for the second time! - after his comeback in 2000, although this had already been sold to SOLUTION in 1998. With regard to this matter there have been a lot of judicial disputes of which J.E. Crawford lost all --contd next posting

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2004, 11:13:33 am »
contd
.  The financial claims of SOLUTION against Crawford/CLEAN TECH could not be realised because CLEAN TECH went into bankruptcy in 2001.  At this same time J.E. Crawford founded the company TRADEX that also went into bankruptcy in 2003. Today J.E. Crawford’s father now retired is offering to pay by instalments his’ son debts because none of the relevant authorities know J E Crawford’s address of residence in the United States. The judicial disputes have been both time consuming and expensive.  There was also a charge against Günter Glöckner/SOLUTION, which was withdrawn, whereas the
District Attorney made calls for the arrest of Ed Crawford at the beginning of 2002 because of suspicions of fraud and blackmail. Reference number 5131 Is 030786/00 District Attorney, Frankenthal.
In case of such disputes only the lawyers are the winners.
Within the scope of different examinations, Chemisches Laborzentrum, Dr. Ulex, Hamburg, examination report no. 141801/3,  150201/12 of May 8th, 2001 it was stated that SOLUTION N° 2 is similar to ONE STEP but concentrated in a different way.
The 25th of April 2001 it was stated by the Institut Fresenius, N° of order 101/07734-00, that SOLUTION N° 2 – analogue to ONE STEP -  does not contain any enzymes or detergents. In case of necessity all research results can be put at disposal. These are some of the reasons why SOLUTION never states that the products are identical. We only state that the products are very similar. They are identical according the features detergent free, no enzymes, no odour, micro splitting, non resoiling etc. They are different in concentration. Solution has been compared to some other “detergent free” products reflecting density, pH, etc. Last check January 2004 showed that SOLUTION Nr. 2 is approx. 15% higher concentrated than ONE STEP, the SOLUTION spotter Nr. 3 is approx. 25% higher concentrated than ONE STEP spotter. The comparison was done with products from AMTECH UK.
Nick (SOLUTION UK) and Günter (SOLUTION Glöckner) decided only after lengthy discussion and reflection to write this article. Those details, the publishing of such confidential information can no and should not be the subject of a relationship. The market is great enough for two manufacturers of similar products of micro-splitting/dispersion. SOLUTION has shown with the launch of SOLUTION Nr. 4, Wool cleaner, Woolsafe approved by Wool Safe Organization in February 2001, that we have the knowledge. This launch was long before ONE STEP launched the wool cleaner Fineline.
Only the market can decide which is the more efficient.
The target of SOLUTION in general and SOLUTION UK in particular is to look to the future. To keep the fair and competitive price, to offer training, practical advice, trial packs etc.  To introduce new products like textile fiberprotection with SOLUGARD - European Innovation Award Winner 1st prize 2003 for SOLUTION.  Simply said, to satisfy all present and future customers .
The forum and the comments gave SOLUTION   a lot of constructive ideas for the future. For SOLUTION  the market means, a dialogue of which both parties may profit.
Let’s look to this future.
Günter Glöckner For Solution Glöckner Vertriebs-GmbH
Nick Vousden-White  Solution UK Ltd
No further statements will be issued regarding this topic by Solution

Dave Parry

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2004, 01:55:20 pm »
Thank goodness for that zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PS is 4 pages a record!!! ;D ;D
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2004, 06:05:49 pm »
WOW :o was that worth the wait.......or what :-X

Robert_O

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2004, 06:31:31 pm »
Is that what you call washing your dirty laundry in public. (on both sides that is)

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2004, 06:45:49 pm »
Yes.......it is a shame that it comes down to a public airing of rights and wrongs :(
We are all sensible enough to run our own businesses so surely we are capable of deciding which chemicals we use.......ALL ON OUR OWN ???
I, personnally, choose products that make my life simpler and cheaper..........i am not bothered who sued who............can we move on to new subject now PLEASE ;D

Dynafoam

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2004, 09:21:59 pm »
Nicks' post paints a somewhat diferent picture to the posting that started this thread.

Having read both several times I have come to my own conclusions as to the content, as I had already done as to the products themselves.

Refering to the final paragraph of Karls' post I note that he states that ".....the term “Micro-Splitting”, this is actually synonymous with One Step® products." My own investigations have revealed that Solution Glöckner Vertriebs-GmbH have registered the term "Micro-splitting" in several European countries - it is certainly not synonymous there !

Though, undoubtably, both parties have a right to exercise their right of free speech, it is a shame if this public display of dirty washing has in any way tarnished either of two excellent products.

Otherwise my feelings run along the lines of Chris Strakers' post, although I personaly am now more biased to one of the two companies.

John.

Dave Parry

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2004, 09:31:42 pm »
Would the moderators please veto this thread and stop any more posts on this subject. Enough is Enough. :o :o
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,

« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2004, 09:44:43 pm »
Has this subject gone to bed yet.
;D
     :o
           ???  
                      :-[
                            :-X  :'( ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nigel_W

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2004, 09:54:27 pm »
Well that worked well ???

Nigel

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2004, 10:05:25 pm »
had to click on them but good try.....

« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2004, 12:41:05 am »
:'(I have really grown quite fond of this thread :'(
What will i do when i come home from work and its not there anymore ;)

Dave Parry

« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2004, 01:18:04 am »
Com on lads a world record 5 pages cant be far away Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,

Dave Ingram

« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2004, 03:18:05 am »
I couldn’t resist this topic as all will know me by now, I can remember a couple of years back when I first started to use One Step this product revolutionised my business. To the point I put another T/M on the road,  manned or should I say womanned by my partner at the time this product was not only used on carpets but on upholstery too, with very go results I can still hear the sceptics in our profession saying  ( No its Crap,  its to expensive,  I prefer Prochems products cus they’ve been tried and tested ). I’m not about to name names but  little buy little they all started to buy  One Step maybe it could have something to do with the video that was provided on how to use the fluid?  Now here we are again a few years down the road,  yet again an equally good product  (Solutions No2)  but this time with a more realistic price tag and a better dilution ratio giving some outstanding results not only on carpets but upholstery too. I was not over confident on rinsing with clear water alone until I started using Solutions no2 whether hot or cold water the results are amazing. This makes we wonder did I really need to buy a T/M after all ?
Of cause I did we’re in the 21st century an things do move on.

DON’T KNOCK IT, TILL YOU’VE TRIED  IT.!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Mr Parry for not making it to the 5th page but I could not wait any longer before replying. ::)
Regards Dave

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2004, 11:19:23 am »
Would the moderators please veto this thread and stop any more posts on this subject. Enough is Enough. :o :o

Hi Dave

Why? People are obviously interested in this subject and provided it doesn't keep cropping up as different topics people can choose to ignore it if they wish.

I'm sure both parties realise that it could easily get out of hand and they'll consider where to draw the line.

Regards

Mike

« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2004, 02:12:48 pm »
These forums are for all to join in and discuss freely. ;D
Any topic (legal) and any amount of people from any organisation :D
Been ages since i have had such a good mass debate ;)

*Disclaimer: If you are easily offended, then do not read the last line too slowly. Thank you ::)