Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Do you offer one off window cleans ?

Yes
74.6%
50 (74.6%)
No
25.4%
17 (25.4%)

Total Members Voted: 53

ben M

Re: Do you offer one off cleans ?
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 09:25:28 pm »
Of coarse, work is work at the end of the day, if its financially viable then do it.
agree
agree+1

bobplum

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 09:38:51 pm »
about 5,but as i said i am suffering form man flu,i just couldn't be bothered looking,talking,explaining,pricing and to be honest it wouldn't have mattered would it anything above £5.00 was too much for her

bobby p

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 09:47:07 pm »
iv got one of these tmoro, not big , but she especially asked can she pay by cheque. im now on red alert even before iv set foot on her lawn  , if she bounces it shes gonna live to regret it

H S and Son

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 10:26:27 pm »
Bobby, one-offs have to pay up front. You should explain that to them.

bobby p

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 06:10:34 am »
she was defo  testing me out with "is a cheq okay? " ,  and im pretty sure if id pitched in with cash up front lady id not have got the job .
  as it happens its one of those bug hutch size  homes and iv priced at 25 which is high for me ,  it has near new windows,so she said. if it had been a big house id not have been willing to take a cheque as a 1 off .
  i very nearly got stung last year on a 1 off by a bloke who tried to weasel down the money on a slogger of a job by saying he found untouched dirt by a fan/light fitting,iv not forgotten that lesson .  

for the first 3 yrs of my biz i didnt take cheques off anybody even regulars but the collecting cash ended up being a blessed chore so i weakened and im cheque city now.  

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 07:20:46 am »
not to anybody on my round , you are asking for trouble or desperate.

Ian101

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 08:02:34 am »
Only 1 off I do is for regular customers who have rental properties and have tenant moving in or eot window clean ... Did 1 last week bungerlow 14 windows quoted 20 quid but customer wanted to pay me 25 so nice some people

Window Washers

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2012, 09:31:29 am »
100% agree get them to send payment before it is cleaned, or leave payment for when you clean
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

carl stanton

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 09:45:43 am »
i dont like cheques full stop, if she can write a chq she could transfer the money straight into your account, while you are at her house  ;D  jobs done money paid, no cash handled

H S and Son

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 09:51:04 am »
if she can write a chq she could transfer the money straight into your account, while you are at her house 

How d'you work that out?

Window Washers

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 10:05:08 am »
i dont like cheques full stop, if she can write a chq she could transfer the money straight into your account, while you are at her house  ;D  jobs done money paid, no cash handled
don't like and accept them is two different things, money doesnt show the same day in a business account does it ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

carl stanton

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 10:44:22 am »
don't like and accept them is two different things, money doesnt show the same day in a business account does it ?
mine does, HSBC account, alot of my customers love the bank transfer
some dont, they think evil internet, even though you dont have to do it on the internet

carl stanton

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 10:49:31 am »
if she can write a chq she could transfer the money straight into your account, while you are at her house 

How d'you work that out?
have you ever done a bank transfer? all it takes is to give your bank lets say my sort code and account number, pop a ref on there as well if needed, done!  do it on internet bank, telephone, counter
chq book, look for and find, get details to put on chq, write out, give to, wait to be cashed and check/tally balance when cashed
but any whooo this is not the subject  ;D dont want to hog to another subject  ;D