This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rob_Mac

Blastaway
« on: January 13, 2012, 10:00:51 pm »
Lee

Did you go for the chewing gum removal tender in Manchester, deadline 9th January 2012, in the cleaning contracts section. I looked at it and emailed but didn't want to go through the rigmarole.

Rob ;D

Blast Away

Re: Blastaway
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 10:13:55 pm »
Good evening Rob.

I had a look at it mate and like the Runcorn & Widnes tender that came up just as you went on Holiday in December, I couldn't be doing with the rigmarole either. They expect a company with a turnover of £1m by the sounds of it. Loads of bo***ks.

Sure we'll get a call for subbin'. I've got a mate at the council too so I'll find out who gets it.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 10:17:30 pm »
looked like a good little job. May start keeping an eye on that section and start having a dabble with the paperwork side of these tenders. Sooner or later it has to pay off.

We'll see.

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 10:22:11 pm »
I'm subscribed mate so I get an email as soon as it's published.

They also want £10m public and £10m employers. I've got 5 and 10 but insurers can up it.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 10:25:12 pm »
I've got ten & ten. I had my best year last year and this year I am pricing up big jobs already, never had this last year!! but I want to go wider with the options. Would like something that is weekly,monthly cleaning over a three year period or five years, almost bread & butter.

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 10:31:09 pm »
Someone like Mitie will get it.

Bear us in mind for help. We'll travel wherever. We've been doing that job for Dave Morris in Cornwall all week. Be finished tomorrow. Pushed all my work back to get this in on last min. Likewise we're  having a better year every year and it's more commercial work than domestic now.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 10:32:35 pm »
Is that the shopping centre in St Austell?

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 10:34:26 pm »
Yeh, here's me posing.  ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 10:38:38 pm »
I went and had a look at that in the summer. You must have been cheaper than me!!!. I priced that job up for two people, fortunately I only had to go down to view once.

How many men and how many nights did it take, think I quoted four nights for four men.

Rob ;D

trevor perry

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 10:42:17 pm »
i qouted for that job aswell but could not fit it in till march as i trhought if i got down there and got a few nights frost then job wouldnt be able to be done due to ice in mornings i qouted £4600, well done lee it looks like you missed any ice
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Blast Away

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 10:43:50 pm »
I went and had a look at that in the summer. You must have been cheaper than me!!!. I priced that job up for two people, fortunately I only had to go down to view once.

How many men and how many nights did it take, think I quoted four nights for four men.

Rob ;D

I know you did. I'll always be cheaper than you mate.  ;)

Just me and my brother. Done 4 days 6am-4pm plus lost a day(Wednesday)where an hydraulic pipe burst so had to wait for it to be fixed and didn't do much and got about 4 hours left to do tomorrow.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 10:44:34 pm »
Trevor

Hope your well and keeping that army of men busy!! ;D

Ever likely I never got it then - I was a heckuva lot more expensive than that!

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 10:45:40 pm »
i qouted for that job aswell but could not fit it in till march as i trhought if i got down there and got a few nights frost then job wouldnt be able to be done due to ice in mornings i qouted £4600, well done lee it looks like you missed any ice

On that note I'll be holding Dave to ransom!  ;D

He's explained you couldn't get here Trev.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 10:46:03 pm »
Days - did they close the shopping centre down for you as I understood it would be night works only?

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 10:48:21 pm »
Days - did they close the shopping centre down for you as I understood it would be night works only?

Rob ;D

Barriers kept people out of the way mate. Not as bad as you think what needed/needs to come off.

trevor perry

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 10:50:18 pm »
Trevor

Hope your well and keeping that army of men busy!! ;D

Ever likely I never got it then - I was a heckuva lot more expensive than that!

Rob ;D

its looking like i will be loseing that army of men to a national company either mitie or iss, the company i do the work for have had a buying team in and are cutting costs to the bone, they also wanted the company who gets contract to cover other sites the wage bill alone for all sites would be close to half a million pound a month so thats well out of my league, just have to wait and see what sort of mess they make when they get it
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Rob_Mac

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 10:50:42 pm »
Can't talk to you anymore - you are the enemy now. I won't speak to you or Dave ever again. No more Mr nice guy ;D

I needed that job, I really needed it ;D

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 10:52:34 pm »
Trevor - Wow - expected or not.

Lee you bas**rd Trevor really needed that job. How could you ;D

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 10:57:50 pm »
It's a long drive home so hitting the sack. £4600?????

DAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVEE!!!!!  ;D

trevor perry

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 11:01:11 pm »
Trevor - Wow - expected or not.

Lee you bas**rd Trevor really needed that job. How could you ;D

Rob ;D
no it wasnt expected all managers where really happy with job we where doing and are worried about who will take over but the decision has been taken out of their hands, before we took the job they had 7 firms in five years and none measured up to what was needed, we have been there 3 years with no problems, my only concern is we have took a lot of time training the staff and now this other firm will benefit from this as the staff will be TUPED over as i havnt enough work to take them with me.