This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

Re: The truth about gortex? all leaked top brands.
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 11:53:51 pm »
can you link those pls daz.

im back tomorrow its well late gota be up for 7  ???

Simon@ Clearview contractors

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 11:55:27 pm »
The brashers are good, they lasted me a year and didnt leak.

I now have some Meindl Vakuum Gtx boots, they are the mutt' nuts and well worth the money.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 08:00:20 am »
EXPLORER LIGHT GTX BERGAUS BOOTS are what ive got crystal clear.sorry  i dont know how to put a link up.
price higher/work harder!

Ian101

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 08:05:55 am »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blackrock-Chukka-Safety-Work-Boots-Leather-Steel-Toe-Cap-Midsole-Size-Mens-New-/160654761492?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item6b1c0e0eea

These are great and so cheap very comfy and very dry had em for over 3 months and still good ... so good I bought another pair for when these wear out

bobplum

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2012, 08:44:56 am »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blackrock-Chukka-Safety-Work-Boots-Leather-Steel-Toe-Cap-Midsole-Size-Mens-New-/160654761492?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item6b1c0e0eea

These are great and so cheap very comfy and very dry had em for over 3 months and still good ... so good I bought another pair for when these wear out

i have the same,got mine from arco,£16.00,brilliant if they last 6 months i will be happy ;D,easily pleased

dmlservices

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 09:56:58 am »
EXPLORER LIGHT GTX BERGAUS BOOTS are what ive got crystal clear.sorry  i dont know how to put a link up.
Had a pair of these, absolutely crap , leaked after 1 wk, sole is crap , no grip in slippery conditions, lethal on ice, sole is not even a vibram sole , it is a cheap rubber sole glued over foam ! Mine have split, to reveal the foam under Neath.
Now using scarpa ranger gtx, on £ 30 more than berghaus, but in a totally different league , the best boots Are my  Mendel Burma pro, have covered many miles in them , in the lake district and peak district , still 100 percent water proof after 1 1/2 yrs both have vibram soles, with terrific grip.

Daz

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 10:06:52 am »
Hello all
I use Berghaus(explorer trek) for all outdoor work(except jet washing -wellies required)They are a great boot and wouldnt trust my pins to anything else
Plus I change my boots every year!! I know its a bit excessive but then again , 7 years in the infantry teaches you that you aint gonna get anything done unless your happy from the ground up

Hope that helps

regards

Roy Cauldery :) :)

www.phoenixecs.co.uk
we succeed because others can't or won't

Perfect Windows

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2012, 03:53:19 pm »
Engelbert Strauss gear lasts forever.  These boots have lasted twice as long (so far) as any hiking boots I've worn, are dry as a bone, have a safety toecap and a steel plate in the sole for protection from punctures.  They are still fully waterproof and the soles haven't worn at all in eight months of daily use.

http://tinyurl.com/7f33ma8

Vin

gary999

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2012, 04:55:34 pm »
dunlop wellies £10 a pair and thermal socks never
cold and never wet :)

Crystal-clear

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2012, 05:25:27 pm »

These are quite cheap what are they made out of not to leak!? i might give them a try.

dunlop wellies £10 a pair

they wont be very good to move around with and im walking around all day!
i know they are good vs water i had a pair before, but i couldnt really wear them down here anyway ive gota look smart!

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 05:31:56 pm »
lots of conflicting views but the berghaus boots are awesome for me.i cant praise them highly enough!!!dml services sounds like you didnt get the real mcCOY!!maybe they were cheap copies.
price higher/work harder!

gary999

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 06:00:08 pm »

These are quite cheap what are they made out of not to leak!? i might give them a try.

dunlop wellies £10 a pair

they wont be very good to move around with and im walking around all day!
i know they are good vs water i had a pair before, but i couldnt really wear them down here anyway ive gota look smart!

i use them day in and out and go fishing in them aswell perfectly good
for walking in my water proofs go over top only feet showing then
again i dont think ive had a customer mention whats on my feet ;D
im not a particulary insecure person and dot need fancy footwear
to validate me as a person. :)

anyway if they are good enough for the upperclass green jacket
brigade they are good enough for me ;D

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 06:15:12 pm »
Apparrantly I have the only pair of seal skin gloves in the uk that dont leak  ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 06:35:19 pm »
salomon boots for me , dry as a bone and really comfy...

John Walker

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 07:33:25 pm »
DR MARTENS SLIP ON BOOTS

Been wearing these for 5 years every working day summer/winter.  Still plenty of wear left and not a drop of water let in.  And.......  so comfortable.  Also ideal for slipping off when you enter a cutomer's house.

http://www.safetybootsuk.co.uk/dr-martens-smooth-leather-dealer-safety-boot-p-89154.html
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

C-Thru.

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 10:50:43 pm »
Brashers       Definatly!
just got a pair from Go-Outdoors £50.
best boots I've had on my feet for years.......

Simon@ Clearview contractors

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 11:24:17 pm »
Brashers       Definatly!
just got a pair from Go-Outdoors £50.
best boots I've had on my feet for years.......

£50??? :o :o :o  What are you in, Kids sizes?? ;)

brianbarber

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2012, 12:40:20 am »
Dr martins slip on  boots
thy call em dealer boots.

Been very good, nice quality.

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

dmlservices

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2012, 09:44:31 am »
lots of conflicting views but the berghaus boots are awesome for me.i cant praise them highly enough!!!dml services sounds like you didnt get the real mcCOY!!maybe they were cheap copies.

They were bought from a reputable co. on line. Perhaps a dud pair, would have sent them back but to much trouble, never had a problem with any of my other berghaus gear.

Daz

Steve Sed

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2012, 06:41:49 pm »
Brasher Supalites here. Bought them in March 2010. Have walked hundreds of mies in them and used them for work through last winter and this. Had a bad leak on my pole tap the other day though and right foot got wet. It's not clea yet though whether that is from outside, or water dripping through the top.