Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve kiff

Re: Doorknocking, building round...
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 06:35:28 pm »
Hi steve,
Fuel will be 40 and first clean paid once done, then second clean paid once done. Sound fair?

£40 for fuel and depending on how many custys you get me I pay you per custy x2. Is this correct?   

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 06:48:52 pm »
Yes so if i get 75 in new work you pay 75 once cleaned, then the following month you pay whatever cleans again so if any drop off then you dont pay for them. Plus 40 for fuel on the day

John F

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 06:59:47 pm »
Well Day 2 of door knocking and leaflets.

Spent all day, door knocking. Got 2 new customers and a few maybe's today.

But in my mind the ratio is poor, am. Doing it wrong? Or just an idiot for wasting my time.

I don't mind doorknocking, especially when you just keep hoping for a good outcome, but starting from scratch again after moving and selling my previous round is hard work again I must say.

read this a few months back from a member on here. hope it helps.

The difference between those with big rounds and those who pack it in and leave the game is having the self motivation to keep going when others would just give up. To get a good sized round isn't easy. It's just hard enough to separate those that "Want" a business, from those who "Think" they want a business.

It's times like these that decide who goes on to build a good income and those who leave the WC game. You have to find what works best for you. For me it's someone telling me it's "Their Patch". Just had on e last month. Made me go out leafleting and knocking. Put a whole new load of work in place.

I find that a new piece of kit, or my vehicle cleaned up etc gives me a push. New custies usually make me feel motivated too. Alot of people outside of window cleaning think it's all about speed and kit. It's about having the bottle to knock doors and/or leaflet when everyone else is sitting at home infront of the TV. Those who work at their business hardest, earn more than the ones that want to be comfortable.

Get your backside out there for yourself, or pack it in and go do something else mate. It's upto you.

CraigBlues

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 07:33:49 pm »
I completely up for my business again! I was just asking for advice really. I'll be out again tomorrow!

Just need to perfect the first sentence maybe. :-)

bobby p

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 07:37:17 pm »
remember my first day, door knocking and nobody wanted to know . by the afternoon i was on point of giving up when somebody said yes and i cleaned hers there and then,by end of afternoon id done 5 more and was on my way.  
   press on matey , i used to just say "hi,want your windows cleaned chief/ma"am ? "

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 07:45:27 pm »
Hi Craig,
If you want to chat i will tell you exactly what i have said on the door for last few years, it really works....

Johnny B

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 07:49:51 pm »
I completely up for my business again! I was just asking for advice really. I'll be out again tomorrow!

Just need to perfect the first sentence maybe. :-)

That's the ticket Craig!

I say something along the lines of "Hello. My name is John, and I am offering a window cleaning service. Is this something you would be interested in at all?"

All delivered with a smile and relaxed approach.

Hope it goes well for you.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 09:35:57 pm »
for the love of god dont ice break with sorry to bother you, anything but that it automatically puts them in a defensive mood like you are doing something wrong it will pull of but its not a good way to start.

CraigBlues

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012, 09:38:27 pm »
My approach is morning/afternoon/hi.

Then straight to point, before they think I'm selling the life insurance. I just need to try not to give them an easy way out of saying yes they already have one even if they don't.

Steve kiff

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2012, 09:45:52 pm »
Yes so if i get 75 in new work you pay 75 once cleaned, then the following month you pay whatever cleans again so if any drop off then you dont pay for them. Plus 40 for fuel on the day

Yeah ok sounds good!  I'm busy for the next 2 weeks, however the third week I'm out canvassing & leafleting. Maybe we could have a bash then.  Well up for you coming to me and showing me how you do it.

My email is. Sjkclean@hotmail.co.uk  if you send me an email I'll give you all my info and we can get something sorted.  Cheers

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 09:50:22 pm »
Craig,
I know it goes against all sales training but if they want an easy eay out by saying they already got one then they are not the type of customers tou are looking for. You want a spark of interest or a no as quick as you can..... Try not to waste time speaking to people who are not interested....

Steve kiff

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 09:51:08 pm »
dump the hi viz jacket,   i wear jeans, t shirt and a jacket, with company name on,  and then just knock

what type of houses are you knocking,  what you saying

Santa vader,  do you really think I should get rid of the hi viz jacket?  If so why? Do you think it puts people off?

I always get straight to the point when I knock in someone's door.   Morning , I'm Steve the local window cleaner, do you need a window cleaner?  

Catherine10

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 09:59:01 pm »
You can only do what you can................ 

Ask the questions be polite and be gentle.  Smile also if you have a nice set of nashers.  Lol.

Jackal

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 10:18:01 pm »
dump the hi viz jacket,   i wear jeans, t shirt and a jacket, with company name on,  and then just knock

what type of houses are you knocking,  what you saying

Santa vader,  do you really think I should get rid of the hi viz jacket?  If so why? Do you think it puts people off?

I always get straight to the point when I knock in someone's door.   Morning , I'm Steve the local window cleaner, do you need a window cleaner?  

yes hi viz dont look good when knocking on a door looking for customers,be better with a your logo t-shirt/jumper in this weather tho

Steve CM

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 10:21:48 pm »
I just ask what they are currently paying and then say i'll do it cheaper

:)

Pope vader

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2012, 10:24:42 pm »
makes you look like a road worker,   think about what the first impression you see when some one knock on the door,  u got about 5 secs to get them intrested otherwise forget it,

that is why i say sorry to bother you, incase they say your bothering me,

roundbuilder

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2012, 11:53:39 pm »
mine works a treat..

hi do do have a window cleaner??? if they say no i say well you have now in a cheeky way and it puts them on edge...then they ask how much then bingo.

Instead of canvassing road after road why not make lists of houses that are for sale and sold in decent areas..soon as someone has moved in give them a knock and then give them the spill of hi im the local window cleaner,i see you have just moved in, im just knocking to put you on the books??. also is a good 1.  take charge of the canvassing game as delboy says he who dares......

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2012, 11:41:49 am »
Knock on door if home owner are a adult answers
Hello would you be interested in a quote for a regular window cleaning services?
If they say no leave them a card.
Simple
Spit and polish

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2012, 12:32:01 pm »
remember my first day, door knocking and nobody wanted to know . by the afternoon i was on point of giving up when somebody said yes and i cleaned hers there and then,by end of afternoon id done 5 more and was on my way.  
   press on matey , i used to just say "hi,want your windows cleaned chief/ma"am ? "

Followed by "get off your horse and drink your milk"

John Wayne fan by any chance Bobby?  ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2012, 01:09:22 pm »
Hi/Morning/Afternoon. Then. "Do you currently have a window cleaner?" or "I was wondering if you currently have a window cleaner?" along those lines.

Then go from there.

Hi Graig, you could try out more open questions instead of closed questions?

'Do you have a window cleaner?' is a closed question, for example. An example of starting up a conversation in  open questions might be , ' Hi my name is Graig. I am a window cleaner. I just thought I would knock on your door as I have picked up a lot of business in the area recently. I would be happy to give you a quote. How often do you currently have your windows cleaned?'
Follow that with what ever USP you have. There is no set rules. Every prospect is different but one way will get more than another way when you find your groove.

Good luck Graig.