Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Halfadaylee

Re: blocked WHY?
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 11:36:44 am »
HI DAVE GREAT IDEA.
WHOEVER WINS MONEY DONATED TO CHARITY DAVE DECIDES
PAUL NO DRAFTS JUST RING ME
I NEVER CAME ON HERE TO GAIN MONEY BACK ONLY TO MAKE WC AWARE!

Who ever wins what?
Money to charity from where?
Isn't the vote for the guys on here to vote on if they think your right, Paul pays you the £60.00
But if the vote goes against you, you do not get the disputed £60.

Again you seem to struggle with the basics of whats on offer/or to do.
Paul will be on a loser either way because if he wins, I still can't see Alan letting this go.
Art

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 11:41:43 am »
Lee.... Not taking his calls is a bad thing surely ?

We never 'ignored' a call from Alan, but this does need some explaining...

We started as a web shop with all comms online.  The Cleaning Show was the first time we dealt with customers face to face.  We sold A LOT of Aqua-dapters at the show, but even so with all the costs involved possibly only made a little or just broke even.

We are still a very small team, at the time there was only me dealing with Customer Service issues.

We had a telephone answering service.  They would put calls through to someone else to take Sales Enquiries (someone who worked at the show with us, but didn't have an in-depth knowledge of the product).

Messages about Customer Service issues were forwarded to me, and I responded to every one with an email, usually within a few minutes, in virtually every case the same day.

I was personally dealing with all of this from 7:30am to 11:30pm most days including weekends and simply wouldn't have had time to call everyone back.  I did email in response to every message including all of Alan's messages and emails.  I am not looking for sympathy, just explaining the situation.  

After we won the awards at the show, we wanted to take advantage of the good publicity and get out and see more distributors and potential customers.

But, about a week later we started getting complaints about them becoming stiff.  This had only happened occasionally before so we suggested the usual things that had caused the problem (needed cleaning, overtightening, twisted hose etc), but the problems kept occuring and we couldn't understand why.

A few weeks later through much effort we found that we had been supplied a faulty batch of plastic parts, which would swell after being in use for a few days!  The plastics supplier has since gone out of business!

So we'd done nothing wrong (couldn't have foreseen the problem) but suddenly had all those Aqua-dapters out there that were possibly going to fail!

We published the info on our blog and offered replacements to everyone (rather than repairs) at considerable cost.  Fortunately the vast majority of customers were very understanding and happy with the way we dealt with the situation.  So rather than having an advantage from the show, we were now well down on where we hoped to be.

We'd always dealt with Customer Service issues by email (still do primarily) for various reasons of efficiency and having a record of what was said to who.  Of course, when the email went out we suddenly were deluged with enquiries, returns etc., not to mention still trying to keep sales going!

Email was just the most efficient way of dealing with enquiries, and still is.  We do have a Telephone Number, but still prefer email comms if possible, so there's a record of everything.  Now that we have some more admin help, and don't have the situation of hundreds of returns to deal with while trying to keep the company afloat, we are able to call people more often now, as I mentioned to Scott on the other thread.

Paul

P.S. Going out now.  Will check in later.

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 11:54:26 am »
There u go,
dont know about you but endless e mails trying to solve a problem is not for me.
this has been fun though.

wants to keep a record of everything why, court action in future maybe
lets do the vote and yes the money goes to a charity
if i dont deserve it he certainly dont

gary999

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 11:54:38 am »
none of my business but you may consider email comms more efficient
but customers prefer having some one to talk to nothing
more irritating than not being able to talk to a company if there is a
problem or you are trying to buy an item.

maybe you should change your preferences
it might avoid a similar problem again

just a suggestion :)

Scrimble

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 12:25:25 pm »
paul dont waste anymore time with that tool, if i was you i would have told him to jog the f on ages ago

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 12:34:46 pm »
Gary i bought it a the show in bimingham last year face to face.
Simple    explain yourself .
Daylee what about me am i not a loser, offer, what offer,
Thank you Gary

Frankybadboy

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 01:26:33 pm »
HI DAVE GREAT IDEA.
WHOEVER WINS MONEY DONATED TO CHARITY DAVE DECIDES
PAUL NO DRAFTS JUST RING ME
I NEVER CAME ON HERE TO GAIN MONEY BACK ONLY TO MAKE WC AWARE!

read the bottom line quote"I NEVER CAME ON HERE TO GAIN MONEY BACK ONLY TO MAKE WC AWARE"

all you done is go on about wanting yourfull refund  back,if you only wanted to make w/c aware all you had to say was rubbish to everything :o

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 04:05:51 pm »
Hi Gary,

It's not the situation now, I was just explaining why it was at the time (1 of me and hundreds of returns/replacements, sales and tracking down the cause of the problem to deal with).  We publish a number on the website.

With the number of emails we get "sent from my iPhone" etc. many customers are able to email while out and about so it hasn't really been a problem even though we've dealt with hundreds of customers/enquiries this way (only 2 who have got upset about it that I can recall).

Responding by email means we have been able to reply out of hours, and keeping a record of things by email just means things don't get forgotten e.g. if a customer emails in with a question, we can check that it has been replied to.  Now that we have someone else working on Sales and Admin too they can look back through the emails between us and a particular customer, instead of me trying to remember it all!

Paul

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012, 05:29:54 pm »
back from lunch, right,
 I did not, do not, expect MY money back, however when Paul raised his head maybe,
 but, I am very happy for it to go to charity. Let me just say it is only because of this forum that I am able to have my say,  
we, I , are able to communicate with each other and make aware  of when a  supplier is out of order or not. We are consumers and should protect and help each other but clearly not here.
I see your home now Paul so lets settle.

gary999

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2012, 05:30:22 pm »
Hi Gary,

It's not the situation now, I was just explaining why it was at the time (1 of me and hundreds of returns/replacements, sales and tracking down the cause of the problem to deal with).  We publish a number on the website.

With the number of emails we get "sent from my iPhone" etc. many customers are able to email while out and about so it hasn't really been a problem even though we've dealt with hundreds of customers/enquiries this way (only 2 who have got upset about it that I can recall).

Responding by email means we have been able to reply out of hours, and keeping a record of things by email just means things don't get forgotten e.g. if a customer emails in with a question, we can check that it has been replied to.  Now that we have someone else working on Sales and Admin too they can look back through the emails between us and a particular customer, instead of me trying to remember it all!

Paul

no offence meant and no need to explain it was just a observation

but thanks for the response even  though there was no need :)

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 05:48:33 pm »
paul come on before silly bolloc-s sticks his oar in,
or are you preparing a draft.
Alan

boshravie

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 08:24:51 pm »

well Said  :)

ashbash

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 08:55:58 pm »
what a boring waste of time reading this has been. your not getting your money back. hes give his reasons. move on or take him to court but you wont because you cant possibly win and its not worth the effort. get a grip.

very very sad.   

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 08:59:18 pm »
I dont think its sad at all

Pristine is genuinely feeling hard done to by a supplier.

I agree, I do think its run its course on here though.

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 09:18:32 pm »
Dave can we just see if paul will agree to donating £60 to a charity of your choice .
if so i agree to let it lie,
nothing like a good ding dong over xmas though, ive enjoyed it hope some of you to,
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Alan.
ps i loved the name in poll, spelt a bit weird though.

H S and Son

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2012, 09:23:56 pm »

I'm mighty pleased to hear that Alan. No offence was meant whatever others were implying. Good for you.

gary999

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2012, 10:35:25 pm »
what a boring waste of time reading this has been. your not getting your money back. hes give his reasons. move on or take him to court but you wont because you cant possibly win and its not worth the effort. get a grip.

very very sad.   

oh my god ;D what a ridiculas post..you read the WHOLE post then
pronounced it boring ;D ;D ;D ;D

gary999

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2012, 10:36:42 pm »

I'm mighty pleased to hear that Alan. No offence was meant whatever others were implying. Good for you.
;Dsensitive aint we! ;D

H S and Son

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2012, 10:40:37 pm »
Not in the least Gary, I think you simply mis-read my post. Glad Alan didnt.

gary999

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2012, 10:52:06 pm »
Not in the least Gary, I think you simply mis-read my post. Glad Alan didnt.

not at all if you look at the poll post you see a smiley face at the
end of each post signifying amusement :)