Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomCrowther

Low moisture/rotary clean
« on: December 31, 2011, 05:56:38 pm »
Hi All, what is the feeling among you over the LM method of carpet cleaning compared to HWE? For a layman like myself, it appears the vacuum, prespray, agitate/brush, hwe will generally give excellent results. I wonder how the vacuum, prespray, agitate/brush, heated rotary is in day to day comparison?
It seems a simpler process, the machine is less complicated and half the price but can it clean as thoroughly in day to day use?
{When I worked late in various offices in a previous life, I only ever saw the rotary machines in use on the carpets}
I was about to buy a new HWE machine but after speaking to a friend who has used both he recommended I got a Rotary and I am now in doubt. This CC mate said there is hardly any difference in the level of clean "in most cases" and it's much quicker.
Thanks for any advice and Happy New Year.

Re: low moisture/rotary clean
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 05:59:43 pm »
I agree with your mate

TomCrowther

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 06:26:37 pm »
Thanks, so in most jobs are you using a rotary? What routine do you use?

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 06:32:21 pm »
It is all I use Tom....
and it is not Dry fusion either.

method
vac very well
prespray
agitate with either shampoo brush or stripey pad
bonnet off with damp microfibre pad

no problems
only had a couple not been able to clean this method.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 02:51:31 pm »
Hi Guys

I've had some excellent results using my Dry 60 system which iis based on the old Terxatherm method, heated tank etc but using different chemicals.

The problem I have found is removing dirt, it is ok to have a cosmetically clean looking carpet but HWE just removes more soil, especially wiyth a TM.

For example I cleaned a bar area for a friend of a friend who was paranoid abbout 'dry'. He was really pleased with how it looked but I knew it wasn't clean so I persuaded him to let me fire up the TM.

The difference and colour of the water was staggering on what appeared a cleaninsh carpet.

Cheers

Doug

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 03:03:46 pm »
before Xmas i cleaned an office, I bonneted the offices and the hallways, We used the T/m on the stairs as they were really bad and i haven't found a good way to bonnet stairs, we also used the truckount of the first part of the hallway/landing  about the size of a step  because we needed to get around a steel pole that supported the Bannister

it was a 2 days job and the next day we had to set up the T/M and clean the rest of the hallways as the difference were the bonneted area met the H/W/E was massive.

this is the thing About LMC it does look cleaner until its compared to as area that is clean
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

K.O. Glanville

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 08:32:22 pm »
Pre-qualify the work you have to do.

Whatever system you go with, pre-vacuum is very important, (imho).

If the carpet is loaded with soil, then I would HWE.

Over 90% of the time I encap carpets using a Cimex and a QUALITY ENCAPSULATION CLEANER that will fully crystallize when drying.

A Cimex is not a rotary.

On some others that I feel need that bit extra, I will follow up with a bonnet clean for that WOW factor.

The cleaning solution is most important in VLM methods, a true encap; product will crystallize to a fine powder that will not adhere to the carpet fibres and will be easily removed when the dry carpet is vacuumed.

If you use a mediocre product that does not fully crystallize, then this may well allow the slurry, (dirty moisture), to stick to the fibres and will not release when vacuumed, giving that still dirty look.

In my opinion, encap; products do give superior visual results on synthetic carpets.

With really filthy carpet, after pre-spray agitate with a rotary, (I use my Cimex), then HWE.

Use the "cleaning pie" to your advantage.

Even on some filthy carpets both natural and synthetic, after HWE I have gone over again with a bonnet, removed more soil, and got a far better visual result.

Some carpets just need that "two system" clean.

Sorry for the long post.

Shorty down under.

TomCrowther

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 08:57:41 pm »
Thanks guys, I really appreciate you taking the time to post.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 06:00:43 pm »
Only ever used Rotary Cleaning (DRY FUSION) and every job iv'e done have looked ok and customer happy although sometimes i think it would of been better with HWE but how would i know cause iv'e never tried i only have dry fusion.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

jasonl

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 07:22:21 pm »
I have written a comprehensive guide to this , if anyone wants a copy .

jason@dry-fresh.co.uk
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 07:29:55 pm »
hi Jason i wouldn't mind a copy mate cleandry@hotmail.co.uk Cheers Phil.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

TomCrowther

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 08:21:07 pm »
Cheers Jason, you have mail.

jasonl

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 08:50:48 pm »
Sent to all who have mailed
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

paul searle

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 08:56:34 pm »
Sorry to be a pain Jason could I have a copy pls

Paulsearle1405@googlemail.com

jim mca

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 10:48:02 pm »
Shorty

Do you use encap solutions with hwe and what the drying time when used with your cimex

cheers Jim

DayV

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 02:00:40 am »
Hi Jason  could I have a copy please
    David mcbroom 1954@googlemail.com

gwrightson

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 04:38:33 pm »

Jason,
 i dont want a copy   , thank u  ;) :) 

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

gwrightson

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 04:43:43 pm »

« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 10:48:02 pm »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shorty

Do you use encap solutions with hwe and what the drying time when used with your cimex

cheers Jim 

Jim there is no need to h/w/e when ising encap and the cimex,  if however the soiling is really bad  h/w/e with ur normal chems.  i have on 1 occasion h/w/e   them gone over with cimex  after drying to eliminate numerous water marks and wick back problems .
Dring times for cimex  arounf half hr .

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

jim mca

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 03:41:47 pm »
Geoff

Sorry if you think this is a silly question I ve never used encap so know little about it and was interested if it could be used in hwe, lm and vlm the same as a microsplitter.

Jim

steven mark

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 05:57:11 pm »
I have written a comprehensive guide to this , if anyone wants a copy .

jason@dry-fresh.co.uk

HI JASON
COULD I POSSIBLY HAVE A COPY OF YOUR GUIDE?
THANKS,
steven.
cowflapkid@aol.com