This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Peter Fogwill

Re: Hot v's Cold
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 06:49:08 pm »
So do you clean glass in a different way with hot water? I don't. Couple of scrubs and a rinse. Can't see me standing there with a stopwatch and timing how fast it dries or how long it takes the beads of water to travel from the top to the bottom of the window.

The point is, a window needs a certain amount of water to clean.  Now let's suppose your couple of scrubs and a rinse is the very minimum your window needs to get it clean with cold water.  Now what if instead of a couple of scrubs and a rinse you only needed one scrub and half a rinse to get the same result? You would be faster, and you would use less water?? Agreed?  Now we know that the viscosity of water is different from hot water and cold. And hot water moves more freely than cold. Now if there was going to be any spotting due to not enough water it would show up in water beads that were left on the glass, and if the viscosity of the hot water allowed it to make it's way to the bottom of the glass then it would be taking anything else in it with it.

Now if there is any one thing that could make a difference then it could be the heat of the water.

Peter

Dave Willis

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 07:07:36 pm »
 ;D yes but who actually changes their method? Nobody I bet.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 07:51:53 pm »
I would if it saves me time and water.  Also all the people who report water and time savings with hot water obviously do.

Peter

Window Washers

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 08:01:35 pm »
I would if it saves me time and water.  Also all the people who report water and time savings with hot water obviously do.

Peter
would like to hear from the people that say they save time and water, on how they do this.

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 09:36:26 pm »
They use hot water :D. There are a great many posts on the forums people saying it, not really going into detail as there is not much detail to go into.

Peter

boshravie

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 10:15:13 pm »
Well we find it great to work with in terms of being faster and easier to clean  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-uAf6NJyRg

Dave71

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 10:23:46 pm »
just put a deposit down for purefreedom hot system, get fitted after newyear cant wait to use, it looks smart to

Window Washers

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 04:56:50 am »
just put a deposit down for purefreedom hot system, get fitted after newyear cant wait to use, it looks smart to
it looks smart lol  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 08:08:20 am »
Well we find it great to work with in terms of being faster and easier to clean  :)

Bosh, I've seen your utube clips and have to say you are the slowest windowcleaner I've ever seen  ;D
Can't see how hot water is making money for you.

boshravie

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2011, 03:10:04 pm »

Bosh, I've seen your utube clips and have to say you are the slowest windowcleaner I've ever seen  ;D

I might be slow to some people, but I like to do the job through, then I can charger a bit higher  ;)

dave.e

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2011, 03:23:06 pm »

I might be slow to some people, but I like to do the job through, then I can charger a bit higher  ;)

hi mate can i ask what fan jets are you using cheers dave

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2011, 04:02:08 pm »
everybody interested in hot water systems take note. i rushed into an ionics thermopure system,
great, but you MUST ensure that u can charge more for your cleans, if not you could end up in trouble.
Thank god i live in woking surrey, and after 6mths realised that i had to charge more . thanks to
the area i was able to do this,  some of the prices i see on this forum worry me. you would need to be earning
around £30---£50 an hour! just last wk my burner finished up after 3yrs .         £500 to repair PLUS VAT
so beware . Hot verses cold well  i only had cold for a few wks and i can tell you it was much harder work
to get the finish that hot delivers. no need to go into all that blarney, you will see and feel the difference
it wins hands down. i can also clean many other things with ease gutters facias garage doors signs etc etc

Alan

Scrimble

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2011, 05:35:33 pm »
this is my first week of hot water and there is no way i'm going back to cold fogwash heater best £190 i've spent for a long while

niceandclean

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2011, 05:42:40 pm »
everybody interested in hot water systems take note. i rushed into an ionics thermopure system,
great, but you MUST ensure that u can charge more for your cleans, if not you could end up in trouble.
Thank god i live in woking surrey, and after 6mths realised that i had to charge more . thanks to
the area i was able to do this,  some of the prices i see on this forum worry me. you would need to be earning
around £30---£50 an hour! just last wk my burner finished up after 3yrs .         £500 to repair PLUS VAT

£500 plus vat for a burner? Who fitted that?
so beware . Hot verses cold well  i only had cold for a few wks and i can tell you it was much harder work
to get the finish that hot delivers. no need to go into all that blarney, you will see and feel the difference
it wins hands down. i can also clean many other things with ease gutters facias garage doors signs etc etc

Alan

niceandclean

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2011, 05:47:05 pm »
Pristine, £500 plus vat for a burner on a webasto, who fitted that?

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2011, 07:07:39 pm »
who do you think, ionics of course, 1 burner cartridge, 1glow pin, 1 wibasto flame detector
labour 2.5 hrs.

niceandclean

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2011, 07:20:32 pm »
who do you think, ionics of course, 1 burner cartridge, 1glow pin, 1 wibasto flame detector
labour 2.5 hrs.

Blimey! Try an independant like a boat yard, there are plenty around Surrey/Berkshire. I changed the burner on one of my units last year, very easy to do. Its generally the burner when its smoking like a good'un all the time. 

boshravie

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2011, 07:28:27 pm »

hi mate can i ask what fan jets are you using cheers dave

Gardiner fan jet.

matthewprice

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2011, 07:31:33 pm »
has anyone a problems with brocken windows when using hot i do a lot of victorian single paned glass and i am a bit worried that this would be a problem

boshravie

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2011, 07:36:52 pm »

Alan

Yes Ionic do over charge for maintaince of these Webasto heaters, but we have had one of these burners on other van and its been working for the past 8 years without any maintaince, and still working very well.

you find they are very robust burners, so find a local Webasto dealer near you if you have any issue with it and most likely the boat yards will know, because they fit these kind of heaters in all boats.

Bosh