This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WavieDavie

EL Insurance renewals
« on: January 27, 2004, 01:26:58 am »
A word in your ears boys.

I'm in the process of renewing my Employers Liability insurance, and the broker said that going on the information I supplied last year, my current insurer wouldn't continue. They sent me another proposal form and they would hunt around for other quotes.

They then come back saying I'm best with my existing insurer!!

What's the difference between last and this year, you ask? Last year's form only asked for total wages, this year I had to split wages by WFP work, ground level, and ladderwork up to 10 metres. Because the ladderwork is less than 50% of wages everything's now hunky-dory!

The girl in the office said they couldn't tell folk what to put on the form, but they'd worded the renewal letter so that their customers would realise what the new restrictions would be. Even reading it over a few times I still can't read between their lines. Maybe I'm not devious enough.

Just thought I'd pass it on in case this happens to anyone else - I'm off for my Ovaltine, goodnight.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

stevekennedy

Re: EL Insurance renewals
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 10:24:21 am »
Hi Davie,

That explains a lot! I couldn't get any EL insurance. Was quoted £2000 from Lloyds  :o Eventually got Eagle Star to cover me  8)

They seem to be the ONLY company left that cover ladder work.

If doing domestic, usually there are more ground floor windows than upper floor so most will be ok if they use your broker.

paul

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 10:53:07 am »
im still covered with nig through darwin and clayton and on my renewal i paid £3200 for my el insurance :-/

stevekennedy

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 01:50:38 pm »
Hi Paul,

£3200  :o

have you tried eagle star? I found them very reasonable. Although my wage bill is probably a lot smaller than yours.

Old_Master

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 09:38:00 pm »
Just renewed ours Only £100.00 more than last year.

But wont cover us for London Underground or River Thames work!! Our most profitable! so we now have to search for sombody to cover us for cleaning windows in the safest environment in the UK- London Underground - when it is shut - we  pay £250.00 per night to have a London Underground Health and Safety observer watch us work - it couldnt be safer- I dont believe It""""