This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Erithwc

van mount what a waste of £500
« on: December 05, 2011, 12:35:29 pm »
first day with a van mount and what a waste of money spent all my time pulling hose around im totally fed up.  >:( >:(
plus a trolley is safer h&s wise as their isn't hose trailing over paths ect  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

think im going to sell the system and my 25 ltr trolley and get a 50 ltr trolley instead.

the only new item i like was my slx25  ;D ;D nice piece of kit

SB Cleaning

Re: van mount what a waste of £500
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 01:00:43 pm »
Give it time mate!!

you will get the hang of trailing the hose about in time ;)

Ste M

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 01:11:36 pm »
yes i think everyone on the first few days would of said the exact same thing. wont be long till you get the hang of it though and you'll wonder how you got by without one for so long

easy clean

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 01:12:01 pm »
Good luck! Do you enjoy lifting containers in and out of your van all day then?

Ross G

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 02:52:42 pm »

Definately don't be to hasty give it time , once it becomes normal working practice you'll look back on that post and say what a bell end i was life now is sooo good. If you're out and it's getting you down  have a wee session on the back pack( you do have one don't you ?) then get back to it again.
All the best ;)

andyM

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 02:54:18 pm »
First day with a van mount: posted at 12:35pm  ???
Not even enough time to get dog crap on your hose!  ;D
Van mount is not for everyone but give it a chance and im sure you will get used to it.
In 99% of cases I find its the only way to work  8)
One of the Plebs

TomCrowther

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 03:38:22 pm »
I don't even think about my hose any more, you will soon get the hang of it.

dave f

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 04:00:57 pm »
i was the same once u get the knack you will wonder what the fuss is about just a tip get a back pack great bit of kit youll save even more time best £140 spent  ;D

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 04:39:25 pm »
First day with a van mount: posted at 12:35pm  ???
Not even enough time to get dog crap on your hose!  ;D
Van mount is not for everyone but give it a chance and im sure you will get used to it.
In 99% of cases I find its the only way to work  8)

;D like everyone says, give it a go. once you get used to it I'm sure you'll find it easier. you will also find better and more efficient ways of messing around with reels etc too.

weetot

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 06:06:52 pm »
Give it time, I used a trolly for 3 years and couldnt go back to humping that and 25 L cans out all the time.
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

Smudgeoff Cleaning Services

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 06:41:05 pm »
You will get to grips with it mate. The fact that the weather is getting colder isn't helping as the hose gets stiff. Keep trying you'll love it come spring.

Daz
" To Get It All Off Call Smudgeoff"

Frankybadboy

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 06:43:05 pm »
just ask dazmond what he thinks of using a trolley ;D ;D ;D

bad trippy

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 06:47:54 pm »
How much do you want for it?
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

john entwistle

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 06:50:43 pm »
first day with a van mount and what a waste of money spent all my time pulling hose around im totally fed up.  >:( >:(
plus a trolley is safer h&s wise as their isn't hose trailing over paths ect  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

think im going to sell the system and my 25 ltr trolley and get a 50 ltr trolley instead.

[/quote

Brodex eco-trolley m8 ya cant go wrong

Paul Coleman

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 07:04:37 pm »

Felt like setting my van alight a few times in the early weeks  ;D .
It gets easier to manage the hoses though.
Give it time.  You'll be OK.
BTW.  Are you using micro or mini-bore hose.  It's much easier to handle than the half inch stuff.  Also, make sure that you have the type of hose that doesn't kink and does lay flat.  Smaller bore hose doesn't get stuck on the axles of wheelie bins either  ;D

WISEOWL

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 07:10:02 pm »
My first day with the van I pulled out about 50 metres of hose then went cleaning, what a mess!!

Three years later I have perfected where to park for what house, which gates to open first, which house I can sling the pole over the fence to stop pulling it around un-needed etc...

Trust me, when you're cleaning a dozen houses with one stop of the van and all the water you need to do so you'll thank us.

Plan, practice and anticipate.

Erithwc

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 07:15:50 pm »
i think i have calmed down a bit now i will give it till the new year with the van mount. i think i need an aquadapter for my pole and fix the reel in the van  :) :)

PURER CLEAN

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 07:48:02 pm »
ive got my 500lt tank + 40.40 system in my shed, its fully lagged out with a heater in there just in case  ;)
i use a trans pump to fill 12 25lt tubs that i have in my van.
from start to finish it only takes about 15 mins tops to fill the tubs  ;)
And i think the Trolley T35.  35 litre capacity trolley is the best, does penty of window on just 1 fill,
& i only have to charge it once a week  ;D ;D ;D ;D HAPPY DAYS  ;D ;D ;D ;D

JSMC

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 08:21:10 pm »
ye will get the hang of it mate. once ye get by snagging on everything you will enjoy using a van mount ;D drag the hose to the furthest working point and work yer way back.

lcwalker

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 08:21:33 pm »
Hi i use a backpack but also do some trad aswell,a van mount wouldn't be great for me as i use different vehiles, but i may well invest in a trolley if my round gets bigger.Theres one thing that has baffled me i have a shurflo backpack and when it full it's heavy is there anyone who can actally carry it on there back?.I just carry it around thats why a trolley would make things alot easier.