This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wightsurf

what squeegee
« on: November 29, 2011, 02:02:09 pm »
Thinking about backflip or maybe a wagtail whirlwind
I take it there's no bucket on belt for these.
Will be used on general house cleans .any good or a waste of time ?

Avo

Re: what squeegee
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 02:21:30 pm »
Commercial I'd say wagtail and residential ninja all the way

Dean Taberner

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 02:59:04 pm »
I don't like the ninja, but that's just me. That might not apply to matt bateman or dave morris.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

wightsurf

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 03:13:05 pm »
What does the ninja offer over other squeegees ?

Avo

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 04:12:09 pm »
Semi fixed angle is perfect for use

Inner channel for handwork

Quick change Outer channel for pole work is totally amazing (soft rubber only) and can pole windows horizontal or from any angle you require

stuart mc

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 04:21:45 pm »
I don't like the ninja, but that's just me. That might not apply to matt bateman or dave morris.
;D

Richy essex

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 04:25:23 pm »
Semi fixed angle is perfect for use

Inner channel for handwork

Quick change Outer channel for pole work is totally amazing (soft rubber only) and can pole windows horizontal or from any angle you require
im thinkin bout getin one for pole work i gta wagtail but cant get on with it is the ninja really good on pole then?

Avo

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 04:44:33 pm »
Me personally think it's 3 tools in one..
Hand work
Angle work
Outer channel work

Do well to beat it.. This handles had some bad press from windys but all I can say is learn how use one then complain after  ;D

No seriously thou for everyday residential can't beat them.
Shop fronts and large sheeted glass work waggers got the edge on a pole.

Andy Leett

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 04:55:58 pm »
What are Sorbo like ?

wightsurf

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 06:47:42 pm »
Cheers Avo

Did look at them but got the feeling they were not that good.
I'll have another look.

rah

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 07:16:13 pm »
Never used sorbo,

But a guy I sold a load of work to rated them very highly, It's a few quid to try it, If it ain't for you, hey ho, but you'll never know until you try it.

I'm quite happy to try things, the cost is never very high, I have a couple of brushes that have hardly been used and sit in a box, but if you don't try how do you know.

Rob.
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

clearviewwc

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 07:39:15 pm »
I use an unger pro that I've used for 26 years, tried all sorts since but always gone back to it. Best to try a few different ones as different ones will suit different people...hand size, pressure and angle etc that you use. Even if you spent £50, £60 on a few different ones to try you will get that money back in no time once you have the one that suits you best. Just remember that you may be using it for many years so it's worth getting the right one.

StockClean

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 08:05:19 pm »
I still use the ettore brass squeegies, and on poles too.

jouk45

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 08:15:28 pm »
wagtail ribbon, awsome squeegee  8)

alank

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 08:20:26 pm »
 we use wagtails on almost all work, on a pole for ups in the hand for downs, dont need bucket on belt just put a bottle of cleaning mix in sqeezy bottle or spray and away we go.

Scrimmer73

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 11:23:18 pm »
I`ve got a wagtail , its an addition to my kit , but not a replacement for a squeegee , and i use it with out the mop , buy one and you will soon realise that the mop sticks to the velcro .
Ninja , neve used one ,, But i have a Sorbo ,, its good , but the rubbers are soft , and not that hard wearing ,, also expensive . i only use it now on windows with stained frames, as not to scratch them , those plasic clips have there use .
 Get wagtail, if you can flip it , with out it sticking let me know , but in the meantime , get a normal ettore squeege .

jouk45

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 11:36:46 pm »
the mop never sticks to mine, you cant have it place correctly, i use mine regular

rosskesava

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 12:03:38 am »
I use Unger ergo tec for trad work. The squeegie I use is the one that can be angled quite easily and it does all that's asked and has been droped from height loads of time and once from 9 floors up. For the mop (applicator), I use an Ettore porcupine sleeve on an Unger plastic holder T bar thingy as the Ettore one doesn't seem to hold much water.

If you use the ergo tec poles with the ergo tec squeegie, or mop, they lock together.

I did buy an Unger ninja sqeegie but then found the only BOAB it can be used with, and not very successfully, is the ninja BOAB. The ninja squeegie is nicely balanced but a bit cumbersome and as for the BOAB, the bucket is black it has 'NINJA' written in big white letters down it. I felt a bit of a pillock. They now sit in the cupboard and I wasted about £30.

I did try a wagtail for a good few weeks a good few years back but just couldn't get on with it. It's a good idea but.... not for me.

One thing about rubbers, if you use detergents like fairy, etc, they degrade the rubber very quicky. Squeegy Off, GG4 or GG3, etc, doesn't.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Andy Leett

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 11:19:45 pm »
New Sorbo arrived today, so have been trying it out on my own windows, first impressions are that I like it a lot  :)

bobby p

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 11:27:47 pm »
blue wagtail cant be beat in my opinion. .   i have a few sizes and some of them  iv fitted with unger brass channels