Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

scott2bclean

Re: Host+sponges vs HWE
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2005, 05:11:44 pm »
hello

are there any special requirements regarding the disposal of the used and recovered 'sponges'

regards
john

stevegunn

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2005, 05:51:37 pm »
I used to sell my used sponge to a local garage which used the sponge to soak oil spills up

Jason Hedges

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2005, 01:57:04 am »
Hi all,

WOW, I never thought such a question would provoke such a reaction!

Thanks Colin, I've sent you an email requesting some samples as you suggested, hopefully I'll get them soon and be able to comment on their cleaning ability, thanks again in advance! As for the vacuum pod, I'll have to get back on that one.

Thanks Steve, I will contact envirodri for samples as well!

I understand people are trying to advertise their product/company on this site which may or maynot comply to rules as its hosted by a cleaning supply company. But fair play, Colin and Steve are  trying to earn a living the same as the rest of us so why not!

They're offering a selective product which is not only of interest to me but maybe other carpet cleaners on this forum.

Give us (the customer) the choice of products available and also give us your sales pitch and best prices then we can make up our own mind.

If the company hosting this site offered sponges and accessories for the host machine surely someone would have made a comment by now!

At the end of the day, we're all in this business to make a living, if we can save a few quid here and there then surely thats a good thing.

Thanks again for all your comments,

I like competition, it makes life worth living! If I can't clean the carpets and still under-cut stuck up franchise bloke at a house 2 doors away from his own house and still smile as he drives past theres someting wrong!!!

Kind regards and happy christmas,

Jason.

Rousey

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2005, 04:23:40 pm »
I have been using the Host system since April and I have had nothing but complete praise for all my cleans. I Have a book full of great testimonials from all my clients. As said in a post before, it's all about the operator and doing the correct procedures in getting the carpets clean. Host works for me and long may it continue.

Mark

The Great One

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2005, 11:54:15 am »
Hi

So, the wet- dry war wages on.

I have been a dry carpet cleaner for two years now, soley dry never wet.

This was my choice from the beginning as i did not want the problems you can get with HWE.

Dry Carpet cleaning is not a maintenance system only, I have gotten stains out left by a wet cleaner 12 years ago ( hotel resturant carpet) I have done soot and pet salvage, hotel room puked to high heaven.

My main business has been the letting market where we see the worst carpets society has to offer us and my clients are pleased time and again.

I have just been picked up by a lady who has been cleaning for 19 years after I did a carpet for her and removed a stain no-one else got rid of.

We can all say stuff like this, no doubt.

My point is this is achievable with the dry system and I will never use a HWE.

My choice.

For those that do use HWE, good luck, it has been the mainstay for over 30 years.

Regards

Martin 8)

John_Flynn

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2005, 02:24:18 pm »
Martin

Have you ever done a Proper clean with HWE, or have you just been playing at cleaning the surface of the carpet???
I get better looking each day!!

Len Gribble

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2005, 06:04:02 pm »
Have used them all the snow drop system is good the same applies to any of the LM systems but sadly often or not the big guns have to come out HWE.

Colin

What’s the chance of a copy of the case study? My e-mail address is under my profile. Think a group once sang silence is golden ! ;D

Martin

How’s the waterless going? :(

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

The Great One

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2005, 06:50:15 pm »
Hi Guys

A dry system does deep clean and does not ' play around' as you so eloquently put it.

I have never used HWE ( some of you really do need to actually read the posts before you retort) This is my choice.

I understand your comments for the dry system, people often like to put down what they don't understand...

Len.

Good to see you around still mate, how are you?

The big guns do come down to HWE, probably because they have so much invested in it and have the most to lose...

Waterless died a year ago (do try to keep up) the system is great, but was due to managerial diffrences.

Regards

Martin 8)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2005, 07:13:01 pm »
I was hoping James123 would offer his findings as he has a host for sale  in machinary for sale

Like Martin I like the idea but am not convinced it can do as good a job as HWE,

Glynn

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2005, 07:15:33 pm »
"Waterless died a year ago" the way I read that is- waterless = without water.
So you are saying that the dry method is dead ?
Regards
Glynn

Len Gribble

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2005, 08:35:17 pm »
Martin

Very well thanks, my reply is not a pop at you or the dry system, as I said I’ve tried them all and use what is £££££ in my pocket, I call it time management, equipment I have = ££££’s invested and it not all hwe equipment, but Preference is subject to survey unlike Glynn I have only 250 ft to play with!

You are right choice but look at every avenue a lot of BS out there!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2005, 09:29:13 pm »
Martin /  Mark

I use both systems but have only had my HOST machine for a couple of months or so. I have found it to be great on some types of carpet (where the pile is more dense) but have had limited results on others - in particular loop pile berbers. For example only last week I cleaned one of these with the Host and half way through it was clear to both me and the customer that the result was cleaner but not great. A couple of days later I went back with HWE and did the whole area to a much cleaner standard (both in the half where I had previously used Host and also in the half where I hadn't. Can you offer some advice on how to improve my method to get better results on these type of carpets.
Colin - I agree with you that it is good to be able to give the customer the choice.
Also given the choice of which system to use? If I know the end result will be good whatever the system, my choice would be Host. Why? Because I can cut my labour time by nearly 50% with Host and dont have to carry so much gear around either.
That said I still currently use the HWE as my first choice. Maybe one day this will change, maybe not - I have an open mind.

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2005, 10:11:17 pm »
Martin
Can you clean a pub carpet with lots of beer in it? DRY NO

In 2003 i went to the cleaning show at the NEC did not tell host who i was ask lots of questions about pub carpets etc the guy said "If its that trashed it needs relifted an a new one put down.
SO i bought a prochem power max and do the pub every six months now

DRY SHY GOODBYE

Once you are TRAINED in carpet cleaning you Know what it can and can not do.

Host is a sore point for me as it added to the split up off the me and the misses opps EX
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2005, 10:14:35 pm »
QUOTE for HOST usa

HOST® / Racine Industries Inc. began as the Rench Manufacturing Company in 1936. From the beginning, Racine Industries, Inc. manufactured carpet cleaning equipment and chemicals. The company was the first in the United States to produce synthetic detergents for carpet cleaning,
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

The Great One

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2005, 04:48:29 am »
Hi

I am TRAINED...

Waterless died (sadly) but I did noy say dry is dead.

why is it some of you guys are reading posts and not actually reading what is said, is it some kind of word blindness? ;)

I have gotten out (during a demo) black built up caked on black grease from a hotel carpet( you know the stuff, just outside the kitchen) out completely and the carpet cleaned back to original colour...

Now is that ' playing with the surface', or not being ' TRAINED' not in my book.

Oh and Waterless cars and dry carpet cleaning, not the same system, oddly enough ;)

Regards

Martin 8)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2005, 08:24:02 am »
One last question .

Took a look at James picture of his host.

Looks quite impressive for a vac cleaner ;D ;D ;D

But how do you clean stairs etc?

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2005, 09:20:39 am »
You can only do the RUNNER then do one hahaha ;D ;D ;D
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Colin Hemmings

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2005, 04:26:47 pm »
Hi All

Jason, thank you for your supportive comments, I will contact you by email shortly.

James, I didn't agree with your comment relating to sales and marketing. I think you are overreacting. More to the point James - did I answer Jason and Ian's question.

Colin Hemmings

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2005, 10:51:08 pm »
DRY your eyes mate ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just heard that on a song ;D ;D :D
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Len Gribble

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2005, 03:17:42 am »
I think we all should run out and buy this system after reading this? Am sure the purse string holders will dig deep! Hope the people in the next article read this (funny they seem to be on the same page)

I find it to be a flip side as only last mouth my local heath authority insisted and I repeat insisted that there office carpet be steam cleaned, a problem arose, always willing to accommodate I HWE with my trusted porty with high heat ok with a little steam coming out of the jets, not a lot of RH.

Colin

Do the sponges contain an anti bacterial agent?

Len