Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jason Hedges

Host+sponges vs HWE
« on: December 06, 2005, 12:00:21 am »
I've just bought a second hand host machine. I'm looking to use it for mainly agitation. I understand it can also be used for dry carpet cleaning using sponges. Can anyone recommend a supplier for sponges and also a situation when using the sponge system would be beneficial over hwe.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Jason.

Colin Hemmings

Re: Host+sponges vs HWE
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 12:39:30 am »
Hi Jason

My company is a main distributor for host and we have the full range of host products and sponges in stock.

For further information, help or advice please call me on 01843 - 600088

Colin Hemmings

Timberstone Limited (authorised host distributor)

NZ Lee

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 02:25:40 am »
Hugh Crane in Acle supply the Prochem Fibredri

stevegunn

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 07:08:57 am »
Envirodri sponges are a lot cheaper than host and in my opinion vacuum up much better too.

Colin Hemmings

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 04:20:28 pm »
Hi

I would like to help you in your quest - trust me host is the right way forward.............................

Host gives much better yield (area coverage) than Envirodri Dry or Prochem Fibredri.

Host also provides superior cleaning power by comparison to the cheep brands. 

The Host system is designed to make the cleaning of carpets quick and simple - the host system has no problem with removing the used product (sponges) from the carpet.

This host system (freestyle and Liberator machines) have a unique integral vacuum cleaning system that surpasses any other dry cleaning system on the market.

Host is the most advanced dry extraction carpet cleaning system in the world.

Colin Hemmings

Timberstone Limited (authorised host distributor)

stevegunn

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 04:46:41 pm »
At £53+vat for a tub of host opposed to £34 for 2 x 12kg refills envirodri is better value.I used both host and envirodri sponges plus others.

Give me a ring about the envirodri sponges.

NZ Lee

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 10:18:43 pm »
Please can you explain the coverage question, why does host have a better coverage?

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 09:33:07 am »
Hi Jason,

Did you get the one off Ebay on Sunday.

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 10:05:37 am »
 ???Re: Host+sponges vs HWE
also a situation when using the sponge system would be beneficial over hwe.
posted by Jason

Not really been anwsered.

I have used both systems for a number of years, but now im more HWE. due to the fact of more loop pile carpets etc.

plus you can kill more with hot water!

And thats why im selling my host and porti to go TM.
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Colin Hemmings

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 12:03:29 pm »
Host Dry -v- Wet:
Both systems clean carpet - the confusion and conflict over which system is the best  can become rather technical and somewhat academic. However, if you want a scientific report (case study) I would be pleased to oblige.

In short, the bottom line is down to personal choice or past experience. However, the most important factor to remember is your customer and what you have to offer as a professional service provider.

I  write from personal experience, some of your customers will have a preference to wet cleaning, whilst others will prefer dry (host). My advice is to have both systems at your disposal, you can then offer a fully comprehensive range of services. This will also give you the competitive edge over other carpet cleaners who only offer one type of carpet cleaning system.   

Most of the carpet cleaning firms I sell host machines to also have a wet system for backup. Some carpet cleaners prefer to offer wet cleaning as a first choice, whilst others will promote dry (host). The most important factor to remember is what customer wants.

I am sure that most of the professional carpet cleaning firms will agree. Depending on the market place you want to follow (residential or commercial) you will often have to meet the demands of customer choice. If your budget allows - don't just focus on one carpet cleaning system.   

host sponges -v- the cheaper brands:
You will only need half as much host to clean a given area of carpet because host has far more cleaning power than the other brands. Host provides higher coverage, superior cleaning power and exceptional value for money. This is why Host is the most popular brand amongst professional carpet cleaners worldwide.

Colin Hemmings

Doug Holloway

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 02:06:39 pm »
Colin,

Please desist from keep putting your phone number and quoting prices.

If anyone wants to contact you then presumably your email is available in your profile.

The comparison betwwen wet and dry methods is hardly academic , some would say fundamental.

I would be pleased to receive a copy of the case study as long as it has some technical merit and is not marketing hype.

Cheers

Doug

Colin Hemmings

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 03:14:34 pm »
Doug

The price and phone number in my last message is in response to a comment on a previous page.

My apologies if you are offended - not all share the same view.

Colin

Jason Hedges

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005, 09:56:11 pm »
Hi all,

Sorry I've had no internet connection for a couple of days so haven't been able to view my post until now. Thanks for all your comments.

I did buy it from ebay a couple of weeks ago along with a set of white/gold and black brushes, the machine needed attention which it has now had. I bought it with the intention of using it for agitation but am interested in perhaps offering a dry cleaning system as well. I already have a duo which I'm happy with on most domestic carpets but it just doesn't have the weight or power needed for badly soiled, greasy commercial jobs.

Most of the posts have covered the argument between host and envirodri sponges, I suppose I will have to try them both sooner or later and make up my own mind.

I'm not sure the model of my machine but it doesn't have the ability to remove the sponges after cleaning with them (as far as I know!).

Can both types of sponges be vacuumed up after use with a sebo BS36? I know prochems fibredri can because it was done on the traning course.

Thanks again for all your comments,

I wonder if anyone recommending and selling a particular product has a sample or two for me to try, that way I can make up my own mind that little bit quicker!

Don't ask don't get my grandad always said,

Kind regards,
Jason.

stevegunn

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 06:53:28 am »
Ring Envirodri they will send you a sample pack

www.envirodri.com

Doug Holloway

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2005, 07:20:27 am »
Colin,

I was not offended , just stating the board policy on advertising.

I like to encourage technical/factual discussion without too much sales talk.

Cheers

Doug

Colin Hemmings

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2005, 09:08:47 pm »
Hi Jason

If your host machine dose not have an integral vacuum cleaning unit - it may be possible to upgrade it with a simple host conversion kit and vacuum pod.

However, to save on cost your Sebo BS36 vac will work fine on all types of sponges. The BS36 performs much better with a red brush strip, as opposed to the standard grey brush strip fitted on base of the machine.

I can help you with a sample of host - you can contact me on colin@timber-stone.co.uk

Regards

Colin Hemmings

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2005, 08:16:47 am »
I watched the promo Video of the new Franchise that uses the Host Yesterday

Mr Rayner was certainly confident this was the way to go.

I was under yje impression that the Host System was only suitable for maintance type cleaning.

Removes top layer of dirt.

Many contributors and Sellars on Ebay say they hardly use their Host.

What evidence in simple terms is there that it does as good as job as H.W.E.

How does Host compare  to Enviro Dry?

Why not use SEBO DUO

What other makes are there

Colin Hemmings

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 11:38:49 am »
Hi Ian

Re: Host -v- HWE

Thank you for the points raised - I hope I can help you without offending others or being accused by the sceptics of using this forum as sales pitch or marketing ploy for host.

I am a distributor for host and I am often asked the question - will host clean carpets as good as hot water extraction!

Hot water extraction or host dry extraction in the hands of a fully trained operator (professional carpet cleaner) will produce excellent results time after time. Both systems clean carpet exceptionally well - they simply clean carpets in a different way.

My view is that hot water extraction and host dry extraction should not compete with each other - but more to the point complement each other. Most of the carpet cleaning firms I deal with have both cleaning systems. Some carpet cleaners prefer to offer wet cleaning as a first choice, whilst others will promote dry (host). The most important factor to remember is what customer wants.

host will deep clean carpets to an exceptionally high standard, host is very versatile and user friendly system. No risk of over wetting, carpet shrinkage, colour loss, parting seams or re-soiling. 

Host is safe for the environment - carpets can be walked on during and immediately after cleaning - no down time or shutdown periods. Host is Woolsafe approved and recommended by leading carpet manufactures worldwide.

Host, Sebo Duo, Image, Capture, Envirodri, Fibredri & Carpet Cleaner
From my experience, having experimented with all of the above products.
You only need half as much host to clean a given area of carpet by comparison to the other brands. Host gives higher coverage m² , has superior cleaning power and provides exceptional value for money.

Regards

Colin Hemmings

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 11:47:21 am »
sales talk sales talk sales talk

a mate of mine fell into the home'n'dry sales trap it cost him 9950.00 plus vat in the year of our lord 1999

for the host lot?
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

BRSL

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2005, 02:20:07 pm »
Thank you for the points raised - I hope I can help you without offending others or being accused by the sceptics of using this forum as sales pitch or marketing ploy for host.

I am a distributor for host

Host gives higher coverage m² , has superior cleaning power and provides exceptional value for money.

If you dont want to rub people up the wrong way I would be carefull with comments like this, sorry but you still sound like a salesman, most people know the sales pitches themselves as we all use them. what we need is educating in the things we dont!!!!!!!!!
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C