Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andrew stone

AM I LAZY??
« on: November 26, 2011, 05:14:26 pm »
Is it just me but i hate days where i have more than two jobs - setting up the ninja more than twice ,packing away,etc.
Or am i just lazy?
Dont be too harsh with the comments as i am tying to baby along a dodgy back!

davep

Richard Basey-Fisher

Re: AM I LAZY??
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 05:18:56 pm »
nope you know your own business  if you only need to do a couple of jobs a day and your happy in your life why bother . no point in living to work.

i used to hate doing too many jobs a day when i had the porty packing up setting up although i had a good routine was a mundane task.  since i have had the tm i stack the jobs up as many as i can in the day so sometimes i can take a sneaky day off mid week

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 05:21:35 pm »
Four jobs a day on average with a TM.
So if an old bugger like me can do so can you, you lazy git ;D ;D ;D

Simon

james roffey

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 06:28:31 pm »
I'm the same two jobs a day is nice stress free work

Billy Russell

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 06:40:12 pm »
go out for a day with Steve Knight, he's enough to make anyone feel lazy!!!!! except me of course!! i soon put him in his place!!!!  ;)  ;D ;D ;D

Paul Moss

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 06:55:59 pm »
The only Lazy truckmount carpet cleaner I know is Gunny. ;D

john sliman

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 06:56:29 pm »
andrew if you find 2 jobs a day is enough for you to live on then go for it but i find things are up and down so i take what is going even if it means doing jobs in the evening.
john sliman

wynne jones

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 07:20:03 pm »
It's only lazy if you think your not meeting your own views on whats important to you. Don't be swayed by what other people do unless that's where you want to go.

Also just because your not wanding doesn't mean youre not working hard on your business and moving forward.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 07:51:19 pm »
Depends on how much the 2 jobs are?

Shaun

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 07:57:16 pm »
your not being lazy your just happy with what you want personally i'd take as much as i could but thats me.

Cheers Phil.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

wynne jones

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 08:09:47 pm »
When I get a bad cold, real man flu like, I used to get really p1ssed off that I was losing work, but when you are ill and you can't work (or it's painful) it gives you the breathing space to stand back or to nudge you into reavaluating what you are doing and where you are going.

So your bad back might be a blessing in disguise and you will come back with renewed vigure knowing where you want to go and why.

Also check out the wand technique video to see how to/ how to not wand.  ;D   
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

jasonl

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 08:17:40 pm »
8 jobs in a day then 3 days off is where I like to be
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Ricky M

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 08:30:07 pm »
8 jobs in  a day !!
phew  :o !!

www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

jasonl

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2011, 08:54:32 pm »
Regularly used to do 8 in a day , in my days round the Boro , 7am till 10pm every December 1-23rd
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

carpet_care

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 12:12:55 am »
Depends on what the 2 jobs are ? If they where both just a lounge carpet say then yes to me thats lazy as it doesnt constitute a days work!

I was a butcher when i left school and then worked on the oil rigs. both of these jobs where far more demanding and longer hrs for less money, i find carpet cleaning a doddle in comparison!

Yes we can all have tough days where things go wrong or where chasing the clock as a job or 2 prove far harder than we expected as we didnt go out and view it but to me if i only did 2 jobs a day they would at least have to be say a through lounge, hall stairs and landing and a 3 piece suite or something similar at both properties to constitute a days work.

In the good old days before laminates i would often do 7 jobs a day at xmas with a prochem steam easy with 1 vac motor and a 70 psi pump that was more like the equivalent of my 9 hr days in the butchers or 12 hr days on the rigs.

Just my opinion but i calnt think of another job where you can earn the same type of money per hr as carpet cleaning without spending a lot more time training or studying at college or university.

Sorry if i went of on a tangent rant over ;D ::)

Regards Andy Locke.

Steve_Knight

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 07:20:39 am »
go out for a day with Steve Knight, he's enough to make anyone feel lazy!!!!! except me of course!! i soon put him in his place!!!!  ;)  ;D ;D ;D
Yeah right Billy Boy! All you did that day was talk to me and slow me down! ;D We had 4 more jobs that day that I had to rebook  cos of your rattlin!! ;) ;D :P

andrew stone

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 09:37:21 am »
thanks for the comments lads.suppose really i am torn between working really hard and perhaps one day retiring early
or just pacing myself,having plenty of free time for my hobbies etc but working on till my seventies but just part time.
is it better to have the time today as who knows whats round the corner?

like most of you i still dont like turning working away.
cheers

andrew

PaulKing

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 10:32:56 am »
get a truck mount with a hose reel it takes the back ache out of the job, would hate to be liggubg a portable about, but at least get a ramp for your van that helps loads

www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne