Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Do you have a minimum price?

No
34.9%
37 (34.9%)
Yes £5
17.9%
19 (17.9%)
Yes £10
34.9%
37 (34.9%)
Yes £15
12.3%
13 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Re: Do you have a minimum price? -Poll-
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2011, 12:16:37 am »
That bloke who boasted he earnt so much that on fridays he invented vac gutter cleaners? He was in west country?? The pic of his proud inventions, looked like a bit of a dodgy estate, the sort where rich entrepeneurs wouldnt live. Why do people keep living in cloud cuckoo land? :-\

dazmond

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2011, 04:26:18 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

because some window cleaners are dreamers!some are just getting by topping up their income fitted around another job,some are actually charging and earning a very good wedge,others are doing well(like me!)but dont take the pee!........and some should change their names to WALTER MITTY WINDOW CLEANING as their "business" or "round" is mostly in their head!the sad fact is their only kidding themselves!!

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2011, 07:25:29 am »
My min prices are

£16 for monthlies
£18 for bi-monthlies
£20 for quarterlies

yawn yawn yawn

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2011, 11:25:07 am »
That bloke who boasted he earnt so much that on fridays he invented vac gutter cleaners? He was in west country?? The pic of his proud inventions, looked like a bit of a dodgy estate, the sort where rich entrepeneurs wouldnt live. Why do people keep living in cloud cuckoo land? :-\

I remember that chap!!

Dave Willis

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2011, 04:07:53 pm »
Had to quote/clean a flat yesterday 4 windows - just can't justify a £10 minimum charge

Can't justify a minimum of £10 could also mean you must charge more than that

You have minimum cost if you run a business, so you either know your minimum charge to your customers or you don't know

If you are unable to work out what it should be.

A starting point would be a combination of your hourly rate cost, customer cost, and the average customer price and what ever minimum margin you are willing to work for can give you your own minimum price

For most the minimum price is always or should be similar to a moving average, if you are growing the business

Well said Ewan!

Clear as mud.  ;D

Londoner

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2011, 08:06:20 am »
Some of you windys must be millionaires with some of the prices on here

I AM A MILLIONAIRE BELIEVE IT OR NOT, So my accountant tells me. But thats not unusual round here. Most of my customers are millionaires too. If you own your own house, even a small one you are half to three quarters of the way there. Add a bit put away long term from inheritance and redundancy plus whats in the pension fund and its got to be over a million.  A million is nothing round here. Doesn't make you rich, still struggling to pay the bills and put kids through University.  You can't spend money you are living in or has to be put away in investments.

clarkson

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2011, 09:05:14 am »
these flats take me just under 3 hours that includes collecting and the odd chat with the old dears(albeit while working!).they are in a poor area.one or two are £3 as they have an extra side window.£90 for 3 hours is ok for run of the mill domestic.ive been cleaning them for 15 years.

i dont care what you guys think!my overheads and bills are low,i dont have any kids and steve i dont drink anymore mate so  itd be a diet coke if we went to the pub together!! :P :P :P ;D ;D.

i have lots of different types of work and some good paying commercial with nearly all of it in affluent areas.some unbelievable runs of very compact work as well.

charge what you like.if you can make a half decent living without having to bust a gut 7 days a week and you can pay your bills and have some left over your doing well!!

very little chance of being undercut.good payers most pay on the day.cant see a problem!

run your business the way you see fit for your own needs.dont worry about what others are charging as long as your making enough for your family and loved ones.

regards

dazmond

Hi
i have a minimum charge of 10.00 pounds, but we are switching from commercial to domestic. we have large overheads and are vat registered.

As we are canvassing and buying up work it is  spread out so there is travelling wages and fuel involved.

I know dazmonds work is very compact and i would work for a lot less  if i was picking up work in the middle of a run.
These are old dears after all so good on him i say.

he is probably making more on his 2.50 biddies than iam making on 30 quid detached all things considered.

cheers

john

PURER CLEAN

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2011, 12:25:57 pm »
would of said yes i do,but after yesterday no i dont!
i will now take on everything and everything its all money in the pot.
I was cleaning a house yesterday, it was only a few windys on the front, what i have done for the last few months at £5. When the owner came out & asked if i would price the whole house.?? I said " Yes not a problem". walked round the house & with the small con it was £35. She was well happy with the price & i now do all the house for £35 a month instead of £5  :D
Just goes to show you never know what things could turn it to. Also you never know who they may know  ;)

Sparkkadian

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2011, 12:40:53 pm »
My lowest priced job is £3.50, but starting february my prices are going up, long overdue too.

Time to refine my work so im not selling myself short, fuel prices are going through the roof, so are energy prices etc, everything goes up regularly nowadays.

They will be £5 absolute minimum for a front, and £10 minimum for a house on its own. For my compact work, like others on here i know this kind of work is the most ideal so im willing to be more flexible on that, im still however going to try my best to stick to a £10 minimum. I feel the service i provide is more than worth those prices.

I also think that it can depend on area as to the prices we can charge, some little communities are absolute tight arses and want everything for nothing. Others are fine.

Im canvassing new work fairly regularly so any old work i lose wont worry me.

If any of my customers went of their own accord and asked another cleaner for a price thats fair enough, but i definitely dont agree with taking other peoples work by going to someone else's customers and undercutting, i think thats wrong and if i caught someone doing it on my work id show them where to get lost.

-Mike-