This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clairekuccuk39

window cleaners offering carpet cleaning aswell?
« on: November 28, 2005, 09:50:43 pm »
Hi everyone,

Ive been reading the posts on the carpet cleaning section and noticed some names from this forum cropping up.  I was wondering if many of you are offering this service  aswell and if so, do you consider it to be a good investment considering the outlay for equipment, training, advertising etc?

Any advice would be appreciated as always
Many thanks
Claire 

edd

Re: window cleaners offering carpet cleaning aswell?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 11:43:32 pm »
it has its good times like when its raining and very cold , but it also makes twice as much money. last week didnot have one job. i have a seperate van 4 cleaning carpets .
1. could not make a living out of it 4 sure.
2. somtimes get too much so get behind with the windows.
3. if you r going to do it , do it better than everyone else.
4. get prochem trained , if i hadnot the fist job i did would of cost me
 £2500 in damages because i did not know how to test fibers properly.

hope this helps good luck edd

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 08:20:20 am »
I do Carpets and Uphostery, as well with WFP Window Cleaning.  I get bored doing the same thing week in and week out. So for me a mix is good. I always try and book Customers in when the Weather forcast saids their is a good likey hood of Rain on certain day ;D. So I don't loss to much money. Also a lot of Window Cleaning Customers become Carpet and Uphostery Customers too.
I use the same Van for all. Transit size. Plenty of room. I am Prochem trained.
Hope this Helps.
Steve

s.hughes

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 08:46:05 am »
Thought about it for them rainy days. However those who have tried have always found that it is difficult to fit in on the days that you want. When you want your carpets cleaned then you want them done straight away.

Steve

clairekuccuk39

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 09:23:48 am »
Hi Steve and everyone, thanks for replies and advice.

Steve, you seem to be doing what we have in mind which is wfp + carpet & upholstery.  Can you let me know what system you use.  Is it truckmount or portable?  We have a Citreon Dispatch at present. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thankyou
Claire
(I dont clean windows i just do all the talking!)

rs_cleancare

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 06:32:42 pm »
Hi, i have been carpet cleaning for 16 months now i found it very difficult to get the work in at first. But soon as your name gets out there it will get better. I have started wfp in september to make sure i have a regular income as with carpet cleaning its not regular work. Not doing too bad with the window cleaning i have 12 commercial jobs in 3 months. ;D
If you get it right with the c/c you earning potential is so much more. £200 to £250 a day w/c. C/c upto £350 to £400.
I will say get proper trainning go on NCCA and Prochem course so you get too diffrent approches to c/c. With  the Prochem course there big thing is to sell there own products so off course there a little biesed.
Good luck.