This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

edd

RESIN USE ?
« on: November 27, 2005, 05:06:27 pm »
HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST IN RESIN FOR A 2 MAN SYSTEM ALL DAY 4 DAYS A WEEK APPROX TDS IS 110/ 125
100 A WEEK
200 A WEEK
????????
JUST TRYING TO FIND IF DI IS BETTER OR THE RO
 :) :) :) :)   

WE ARE THINKING ABOUT BUYING THE THERMO PURE 650 SYSTEM ANYBODY GOT ONE , IS IT ANYGOOD ,DO YOU NEED TO SPEND MUCH A MONTH ON FILTERS / RESIN

Re: RESIN USE ?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 06:32:48 pm »
Hi Edd

It depends on how much water you are going to use but I would definatley go for an RO at your TDS working 2 men. It will save you a fortune in running costs.

Sorry can't help ith the thermo pure system as I have no experience with them.

Andrew

gaza

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 11:44:14 pm »
ive used resin  only system cost a fortune,got a ro  very cost effective get my tds reading down to 009 from about 360 but just invested in a elga two stage deionisers which regenerates the resin very expensive piece of kit brand new £3000 or  more,but nomore resin to buy.I would go for a merlin and run it through a resin vessel cus your tds is low you may get nearly pure water on demand through it.
       gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

JM123

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 11:53:36 am »
Merlin's great if you need lots of water, but add on a 10inch di cartridge to get the water down to 0ppm, I've a friend who supplies them for around 400 for the merlin and di inc VAT and P+P anywhere in the UK.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

johnnyboy

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 06:31:42 pm »
Merlin's great if you need lots of water, but add on a 10inch di cartridge to get the water down to 0ppm, I've a friend who supplies them for around 400 for the merlin and di inc VAT and P+P anywhere in the UK.

could you let me have his details old bean.

cheers
john

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 07:12:41 pm »
An Ro based system will always be cheaper to run.
Thermo pure is lovely but expensive.

The best value system would be an RO 200gpd system pumping into a 1000litre IBC storage tank. Very cheap to run and maintain, would cost you about £80 a year to run. Would easily keep up with the two of you.