Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

countyview

NCCA
« on: November 27, 2005, 12:39:24 pm »
These questions are gonna keep coming I'm afraid,

So who here is a member and what benefits do you receive from being a member. We are interested injoining but most of our customers wouldn't care if we were with NCCA or not, is it worth the money and how much does it cost for a two man company??

Doug Holloway

Re: NCCA
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 12:46:38 pm »
Hi Countryview .

While not trying to discourage your enthusiam , there is a very useful search function on this site.

You will find loads of replies to NCCA etc.

It is worth doing some background reading.

Good luck,

Doug

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 01:35:42 pm »
I joined last week at the NCCA  technical roadshow it worth joining just to attend these :)

years ago I was a member and used it very successfully in all my marketing. customer don't care about you being a member until you explain to them the benefits of using a NCCA member.

and finally its only £203 to join ;)

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Doug Holloway

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 02:45:11 pm »
Mike,

Did you feel guilty after being caught out using the NCCA in your advertising ;)

Cheers

Doug

Everbrite

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 02:47:06 pm »
Can find better ways to spend £203 and get better results.

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 04:04:45 pm »
Doug you diddnt pay anyone to create you websites............ did you?! :o
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

mark_roberts

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 04:31:52 pm »
Welcome to the club Mike.

After three months have passed and its proven your a professional company then you will start getting about 5 leads a day at least from the NCCA office.  These leads are all top quality usually  people who will pay 50p a sq ft and have 7 bedroom houses.  However your not to tell anyone as we dont want every cleaner to join and share the spoils.

Mark

Doug Holloway

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 04:36:54 pm »
Hi Nick,

No they are template based but you got a job from UK Carpet Cleaners didn't you ;)

Maybe I ought to charge commision ::)

Over the last 4 weeks I've had well over a £1000 direct from the internet and a few people have commented on how friendly the site looked.

It's not so good on commercial where I think a professionally designed site might be better.

As I've mentioned loads of times my skill lays in getting to the top of the search engines.

Cheers

Doug

John_Flynn

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2005, 04:40:10 pm »
Mark,

Has the NCCA recommended Sq Ft gone down??
I get better looking each day!!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 04:40:38 pm »
Mark, will you Do us a favour and send me the password for the NCCA forum :)

Mike

Ps you need to go across to the other side to send me a P/M

Doug Holloway

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 04:41:07 pm »
Mark,

Are you really suggesting that you get 25 leads a week from the NCCA?

Cheers

Doug

Derek

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 05:59:32 pm »
Mike

As a member you can obtain the password by simply calling the NCCA office... I can't tell you what it is as I have forgotten it... yet another senior moment  ;)

Derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 07:31:35 pm »
I must admit I've missed being an NCCA member mainly because of the togetherness and the 'can help each other out' attitude, but as for getting any extra work ie turning quotes into jobs because of being a member well there's no difference, but that is mainly because I'm going to old clients and referals.

Shaun

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2005, 07:38:18 pm »
Doug, i do thank you for that job and will repay you when we meet someday, my website is on yell but i haven't had 1 enquirey!!  its not on with any serch engiens so  i will only get hits from yell but i get more emails from ncca enquires and my site isnt even linked the the ncca site, do you think i should pay the money to be included on the major serch engiens?

Nick
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

Doug Holloway

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2005, 07:44:04 pm »
Nick,

I don't want any payment  ;)

You don't have to pay to submit your website , there are lots of free submission sites and it's even better if you do it yourself.

Put free site submission into google and go from there.

Yell is not much cop and it's not set up in a way that the search engines search it.

A site is no good if nobody ever sees it.

Cheers

Doug

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2005, 12:09:01 am »
I wonder if Mike had to retake the exam to join NCCA?

As a matter of interests is it obligatory for NCCA members to  VAC before cleaning carpet? Obviously it is best practice.  ?

Derek

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2005, 07:02:48 am »
Ian

To prevent you any sleepless nights ....Mike did not have to retake the NCCA exam as he rejoined within the period allowed

Derek

cleaning co

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2005, 01:37:30 pm »
hi doug,how do u go about joining your  carpet cleaners uk?
gary

Glynn

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2005, 04:20:28 pm »
So Mike didn't have to retake the exam, thats good since he's a recent ex member. But how about the ncca's thoughts on cleaners that dont clean the back of settees ? Mike has always openly admitted to ommiting these on some occasions.
Regards
Glynn

Mike Halliday

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2005, 05:10:17 pm »
I also don't move TVs, sometimes don't vac, and have been known to have intimate liaisons with past customers :o :o :o

lock me up and throw away the key!

I often don't clean the backs of settees, but the client trusts my judgment to clean as i see fit, if something is'nt dirty I don't clean it, its the same as the underneath of beds, I vac them only, because thats all the need.

I work ethically and with integrity :D

Mike