Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

amandaj

George for Caravans?
« on: November 15, 2011, 12:37:20 pm »
Hi All,

Am looking for a compact machine to use in caravans on upholstery, small areas of carpet & mattresses etc.  Any thoughts on whether this would fit the bill?  Or any other suggestions.  It will not be in constant use but will be used a few times a week I imagine. 

Thanks in advance...

markpowell

Re: George for Caravans?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 12:56:40 pm »
NO

robert meldrum

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 01:34:39 pm »
A few times a week is fairly constant.............caravans really need to be cleaned with minimum moisture as condensation con be a serious problem.

It will sound totally OTT but a T/M machine is best for this kind of work as they don't depend on water and power being available which is often a problem with caravan sites.

Thackley Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 02:19:21 pm »
george machines are built to take a lot of stick because you always see their little brothers henrys in all hotels etc...

im sure you will ok with something like that but it does leave the fabric pretty wet and the hand tools are not the strongest either.  But no doubt its built pretty well and the parts dont cost the earth.

for £200 quid ish thats probably your best bet.  You could always look out for a second hand prochem galaxy which will have better suction and better solution pressure but its out of warranty and you may be stuck with expensive repairs.

ally75

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 03:10:41 pm »
I have an Aridex which I have had excellent results with on caravans and campers, due to low moisture content of the foam

john martin

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 04:10:24 pm »
this one perhaps ....

1500 watt motor , more water capacity

http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/6700

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 07:05:18 pm »
Hi...I use a Aquarius Pro valet for caravans its like a Karcher puzzi 100 but its cheaper to buy.Its on Ebay for £199..Great price & a great machine for small areas...I also use it for small bedrooms saves getting the big machine out!!!

The Pro valet comes with floor tool & hand tool both have clear ends so you can see when its clean & nearly dry...

Watch the video on Ebay to see it in action..

I hope this helps you out........(Richard).

Peter White

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 11:09:16 am »
george machines are built to take a lot of stick because you always see their little brothers henrys in all hotels etc...

cracked me up!!  ;D
www.whitescarpetcleaning.co.uk
Carpet Cleaning in Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks, Kent

Thackley Cleaning Services

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 09:05:06 pm »
ive got one and its a tough little bugger.

we do a lot of hotel work and they are the no.1 vac.  when you consider that maids just chuck them all over the place without any care whatsoever and they still do the job.  its a tough nut to crack.

clinton

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 08:09:03 am »
The aquarious is a geat little spotter as rihard said in his post.

Must say i use it for some small jobs..

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 04:42:44 pm »
Hi Clinton...Thanks for saying the Aquarius is a good machine...Do you use a Sebo Duo to work in pre-spray before you use the Pro valet to clean?..I have just ordered the Sebo & at the mo the wife is using the brush.. ;D..

(Richard)

clinton

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 05:03:01 pm »
Hi richard..No dont really use the due with the aquarious mate..I use it for a spotter or a small area or small upholstery jobs if access is hard for the main machine..

Like the wand that splits down and is easy to store on the van..

Like the bit with the wife ;D

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 05:42:06 pm »
Hi Clinton.. ;D ;D ;D.Thanks for the post back..I was wondering if it would help out the old woman mainly when we do small jobs ie bedrooms...I have just started using the Aquarius Pro valet as i have just sold my Prochem Galaxy and i find it great for small areas & Upholstery & also it fits perfect in the van now with the Prochem Steempro and equipment...I have had the pro valet for 2 years now but its mainly sat in my shed...Just used it for spotting (Spills etc..).....

Dennis B

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 07:20:25 pm »
The pro valet is a cracker for a small machine [ thanks for the test run matey ] my other half fancy's one  ;D [the machine that is ] as she maintains a few caravans and its just the ticket for small jobs and upholstery  :)

amandaj

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 09:24:03 am »
Cheers, been looking at the Aquarius online, looks impressive and nice to hear it does ctually get results.  We may have a winner..!

Steve Chapman

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 09:52:28 am »
The sabrina maxi is a much better option and more upto constant use, theres a couple on ebay at the moment,

Ive used one for years in caravans and is just right size for moveability and still doing a decent enough clean,

Regards

Steve