Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Do You Wear a Uniform When Working?

Yes
94.7%
71 (94.7%)
No
5.3%
4 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Mike Halliday

Re: Do You Wear a Uniform When Working?
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2011, 06:32:34 pm »
if you never had to walk on the cleaned carpet then no point in overshoes but we do walk on the carpet once we've cleaned it

we put furniture back,  we treat spots, we re3-clean in front of the settee, we walk across to pick up the airmovers we placed to dry the carpet.

i wear blue booties over my socks, then i wear crocs, i like crocs as the are easy to slip on & off at the front door so i never wear my out door shoes in the customers house, what if you are cleaning the bedrooms? would you wear your outdoor shoes as you walk in the hall & up the stairs

but this is what you have to do when you offer a premium, top price service, it I was a £30 a livingroom cleaner I would wear my old Doc martins  :D
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2011, 06:36:26 pm »
Have to ask because it has been puzzling me for a while, why would you feel the need to wear overshoes before/whilst cleaning a dirty carpet? I have noticed it on a couple of you tube videos as well and thought that it was pretty pointless!

I wear trainers I keep for indoors whilst working, but put overshoes on when going back to 'cleaned' areas to rake and deodorise. It just shows to the customer that these carpets are NOW clean and I have no intention of the slightest chance of getting dirt back on them.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2011, 06:41:24 pm »
I view the wearing of overshoes as being a small part of the overall customer service package - it shows a certain level of respect for their home - they cost pennies and the customer always comments on them.

Just one more thing for them to remember you by.

Tony Rowley

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2011, 06:47:00 pm »
Mike

I can only guess you have trouble reading, I asked whilst cleaning, or you didnt get that!!

And why, would you need to reclean in front of a sofa? was the customer not happy with your work? surely with you big shiny truckmount and your premium service that would never happen!!!!

Tony

I asked a simple question and you have to try and prove your bigger and better and take pathetic pot shots, whats wrong with you?