Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DMIS

Emulsion paint on carpet
« on: November 06, 2011, 08:51:20 am »
Hi all a little help please, could you please advise me an best way to remove emulsion paint from carpet, will white spirit do the job. Got no eco pog all used up I can easily pick up white spirit from local store . Thanks David. :)

james roffey

Re: Emulsion paint on carpet
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 01:36:36 pm »
Solvex from prochem is good for this

Griffus

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 03:06:57 pm »
Dependant on how long it's been down and carpet type you may find it will come out with a good hot rinse as it's water based. Any larger blobs should be broken up and removed as much as possible firstly.

If this doesn't work and you've none of the Prochem solvents then try Meth's rather than white spirit as it's a bit gentler, but take care.

Simon Gerrard

Colin Day

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 03:44:45 pm »
I've had paint out with rust remover. The landlady wasn't happy though, she was hoping to keep a lump of the deposit... ;D

DMIS

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 04:16:05 pm »
Thanks for replies, got to do job tomorrow 07/11/2011 no time to get prochem solvex, so i will try hot water rinse first and then a bit of meths if needed. Thanks David :D

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 05:09:07 pm »
is white spirit ok to use on carpets ?

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 05:09:42 pm »
Hi David...Craftex orange gel works a treat (old or new paint)..

john martin

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 06:34:22 pm »
is white spirit ok to use on carpets ?

Yes ..  and its often a lot better than the ' fancy stuff '  :)

Jim_77

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 11:29:25 pm »
Really p***es me off when customers say "oh it's only emulsion, it's water based so it'll come out"  DUHH

The water is long gone, it's what's left behind that is the problem.

White spirit will work on gloss paint but nowhere near as well or quickly as acetone.  It is not the right solvent for emulsion.

As said above, heat will soften it up, but I would give it a good pre-soak first, just with water.  If it's on wool and the paint is old, probably not going to be 100% successful before you start to damage the carpet.  If it's polyprop it should fall out ;)

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 11:51:59 pm »
makes me laugh... regardless what advise is given the guy gonna do what he has to do as got no time to buy correct chemical anyway. I find this sort of thing abit anoying... why ask in the first place?

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 07:56:05 am »
Really p***es me off when customers say "oh it's only emulsion, it's water based so it'll come out"  DUHH

Same as when clients say "It's only children's paint" as if the fact that it's non-toxic for children somehow makes it easier to remove.

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

clinton

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 08:07:16 am »
Also when they say it will only take you a few mins to remove the paint too ;D