This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matts

anti-freeze
« on: November 19, 2005, 10:28:17 am »
Hi there, Are any of you traditionals out there using anti-freeze in your water if so how much, say per 5 litres.Does it leave any (noticeable) residue on the glass. thanks for advice in advance.

Paul Coleman

Re: anti-freeze
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 10:48:11 am »
Hi there, Are any of you traditionals out there using anti-freeze in your water if so how much, say per 5 litres.Does it leave any (noticeable) residue on the glass. thanks for advice in advance.

I haven't used any this year and I do part trad part WFP.
I have used it some winters though - jut until the temperature climbs by late morning.
Please note that I've heard it said that anti-freeze can damage car paintwork so I don't use that in case it hurts the frames.  I have used screenwash instead.

lee_dewing

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 02:42:11 pm »
hi matts
was going to ask this quetion today myself.
one w/c i know said a few years ago he spoke to a dutch w/c who said he use to put white spirit in his bucket as it was colder back in holland,
don't know how much though thougt about using a drop of pure alchol in water as this has a lot lower freezing point than water, but where can you get it, and can you get it or clear meths; (what's it taste like!)

hope someone can answer this for matts & myself
ps. got gloves from argos 7.99 made from neoprene like window cleaning gloves £25 plus not quite as good but i don't shuv my hands in the bucket
but tip of thumb ans first finger can b exposed this is good when you collect money give change out, stops pulling gloves on & off. argos fishing section by leeda
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 03:01:48 pm »
hi matts
was going to ask this quetion today myself.
one w/c i know said a few years ago he spoke to a dutch w/c who said he use to put white spirit in his bucket as it was colder back in holland,
don't know how much though thougt about using a drop of pure alchol in water as this has a lot lower freezing point than water, but where can you get it, and can you get it or clear meths; (what's it taste like!)

hope someone can answer this for matts & myself
ps. got gloves from argos 7.99 made from neoprene like window cleaning gloves £25 plus not quite as good but i don't shuv my hands in the bucket
but tip of thumb ans first finger can b exposed this is good when you collect money give change out, stops pulling gloves on & off. argos fishing section by leeda

I've always found that the scrrenwash that you can buy in somewhere like Halfords works just fine.  If it's very cold though, expect to have to tip a fair bit in with the water.

marc al

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 05:00:40 pm »
  A bit of meths in the bottom of a pint glass and filled with coke should see you through the cold mornings. :o

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 05:27:34 pm »
A bit of meths in the bottom of a pint glass and filled with coke should see you through the cold mornings. :o

So when you ignite it, doesn't the red hot coke crack the glass?
It's a game of three halves!

gaza

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 11:06:47 pm »
ISOP? RUBBING ALCOHOL FROM A CHEMIST SHOULD DO THE TRICK

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO