This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Hi i aim to earn £100 per day?

Under £100
£100- £150
£150 - £200
£200 - £250
£250 - £300
Earning's per day
« on: November 18, 2005, 09:06:46 am »
Just curious !!

What Do You Guys on Average Earn? ;D ;D

Trademark WC

Re: Earning's per day
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 09:17:28 am »

I don't aim to earn a ceratin amount, I aim to earn as much as I can  ;D

Rob

M FORBES LTD

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 10:59:24 am »
Just need to keep going and not stop to talk to every body who wants to give you a life story like those sweet old ladys  bless their hearts. :)

M FORBES LTD

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 11:00:16 am »
how do you earn £300 a day please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???

Morph

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 11:28:03 am »
Keep off the internet forums ;)

steve massey

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 04:54:26 pm »
We try to earn around £250 a day

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 05:26:56 pm »
Some may be confused, I presume you mean per person.

In which case, you should aim for £150 plus.

We try to earn around £250 a day

This is a good rate per person

We spent four hours recently at a large house. We cleaned gutters and plastics, con roof and windows. Total = £320. Admittedly that was two people working, but still achievable in a day for one person.

What do we earn a day - as much as possible ;)

Ben

Great rate, esp if you can do this day in and day out.

What many forget is that while one day at £200+ is possible, maintaining  it is difficult.

BVC

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 05:43:41 pm »
M Forbes Ltd
As long as you dont listen to K B Dye Cleaning Services you will be fine.

BVC

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 05:48:55 pm »
M Forbes Ltd
As long as you dont listen to K B Dye Cleaning Services you will be fine.

BVC

Have I missed something?

sair

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 06:00:22 pm »
isnt there anything higher than 300 a day so i can put my vote down ,

Essentially Pure Ltd

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 10:35:09 pm »
isnt there anything higher than 300 a day so i can put my vote down ,

My thoughts exactly! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Londoner

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 08:24:10 am »
I don't really agree with this thread. What you earn is dependant on many variables. If we are not careful people will start believing the figures and thinking that they have discovered a goldmine.

For the record. I struggle all day to earn £40 and if you don't believe me ask my accountant.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 09:37:42 am »
£40 per day Vince?  Unless you have your tongue in your cheek you are doing something seriously wrong!!
You must in fact be the lowest earning self employed window cleaner in the country (newbies with ony a handful of accounts notwithstanding ;))

For an accurate picture of your daily rate you need to look at your annual turnover.

The individual topping £200 per day is turning over a whopping 52k plus a year.

How many out there can actually average £100 per day throughout the year?

That is still £25,000 per year.

I'm betting the that the average window cleaner is doing somewhere around £15,000 per year.

I'm not disputing those that do much higher turnovers, I'm only saying that the average turnover per day of the average window cleaner is going to be more like £60 or £70

Spluttering a bit at that some of you??

I stuck my tongue in my cheek at the start of this reply about Vince's claimed turnover of only £40 per day, but over the year that gives him an annual turnover of a smidgin over 10k, probably only a little below the average.

I have one day every 8 weeks or so when I can top £300 in a single day, I wish to god I could have a day like that once a fortnight, let alone average it every day :-\

When I work a full day I aim to actually turn over £100 plus, next year I might even average that, but my true average, taken over the full 52 weeks of the year is more like £75 (and yeah, that actually shocked me a bit when I worked it out too)

I'm kind of twisting things a bit, but to average £100 per day, on the actual days you do work, you'll have turnover between £150-£175. Maybe even more than that.

We don't work 52 weeks per year, we don't work 8 hour days, we have holidays, we'll lose time due to the weather and so on and so on.

A big mistake of people starting up is to under estimate their prices, they may have come out of full time employment and being paid...say...£7.00 an hour.
Perhaps they read the forums and see figures of £25 plus and more per hour being talked about.
You'd think it would be easy to earn double his old salary, £14 per hour, thats almost 10 quid and hour less than so many seem to turnover on here isn't it?
£560 per week!! Bring it on 8)
(basing figures on a 40 hour week)

You can play with figure all you like, daily turnover isn't the important one, annual turnover is the one that counts, thats the one that gives you the true average daily turnover.

I clicked the £100-£150 option, and as far as it goes it was true, thats my daily target but at the end of the year, my true average daily turnover for the full working year is going to be under £100...quite a bit under actually :'( :'( :'(

But more than Vince's though ;)

Regards

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Londoner

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2005, 10:19:46 am »
Ian, of coarse I am taking the whatsit. But the point is people who are bandying around figures of £300 a day are not telling the truth either.
the harm is done when people take these figures and believe them at face value. In this game you can't earn money every day the same way. What about when you get a whole week of driving rain?
How many guys have been giving it 100% this week with the freezing cold?