Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

exciting times...dont make me laugh
« on: October 29, 2011, 11:47:11 am »
kev@cleanerbrighterwindowcleaners

Sad i maybe,sad that you are probably going to be working your bollox off for 20% of your normal charges....
However jelous i am definatly not.How could i possibly be jelous of someone who is going to be working their nuts off for nothing.
I have been in business long enough to realise that anyone who is offering to do work for 80% less than their normal charge is either very stupid or clutching at straws to make money.
How many times do we hear of newbies making the mistake of underpricing work just to get a foot in the door.....ring a bell
So sad i maybe,but jelousy doesn't even come into the equation....... ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

Re: exciting times...dont make me laugh
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 12:05:55 pm »
i agree mate.

my advice would be to go on a canvassing and leaflet spree and price your own work up if you have nt enough work.

it beggars belief that some of you dont want to work extra hard to get a good established business together.
price higher/work harder!

windiewasher

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 12:31:02 pm »
1 I have a established round
2 I have a canvassing and marketing business.
3 I will have more  vans on the road next year.
4 I've said from the start its,about the long game.
5 my prices are higher than anyone in my area.
6 I will be  getting 12 quid a house.
7 stuff the lot of you as I will not share the successful results on here because 90 % of people are bitchy little kids.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 12:36:10 pm »
if you ve got all that going for you then why on earth would you want to get groupon involved?surely your doing well as you are!!!

im certainly not bitchy!i wish you all the best for your business in the future!

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 12:39:49 pm »
7 stuff the lot of you as I will not share the successful results on here because 90 % of people are bitchy little kids.

You wouldn't have shared the true reflection of the results anyway.
So you reckon you will be getting £12 per house,so that makes each house you do normally £60.....and thats according to your previous post percentages..... ;D ;D ;D

windiewasher

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 12:46:17 pm »

You wouldn't have shared the true reflection of the results anyway.
So you reckon you will be getting £12 per house,so that makes each house you do normally £60.....and thats according to your previous post percentages..... ;D ;D ;D

Yes I would have shared the results honestly and openly and yes would normally charge 60.
It's a experiment that I have 7 months to do and will do weekends only at first.
More exposure,publicity etc.
 Next year the plan is to hang the pole up to concentrate on the marketing side.
Total £  so far.

windiewasher

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 12:47:52 pm »
if you ve got all that going for you then why on earth would you want to get groupon involved?surely your doing well as you are!!!

im certainly not bitchy!i wish you all the best for your business in the future!

regards

dazmond
Daz didn't mean you pal as you are a genuine and decent person.
Total £  so far.

niceandclean

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 12:51:39 pm »
Kev, just out of interest, you said that you had spoken with a couple of other window cleaners that have used Groupon. What was their results?

windiewasher

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 12:54:33 pm »
Kev, just out of interest, you said that you had spoken with a couple of other window cleaners that have used Groupon. What was their results?

The last one i spoke to do had only done 50 cleans but 10 had gone regular and he had quoted the rest but wasn't sure what they were doing regarding regular etc but also said he gained driveway cleaning and gutter cleaning!
Total £  so far.

niceandclean

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 12:57:07 pm »
Thanks. Would you be happy with that result?

windiewasher

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 12:58:53 pm »
if i get 20 regulars plus from the 200 i will be happy mixed with a few gutter cleans and driveway cleans.
Ill also have the other 180 contact details to try at a later date aswell!Also there neighbours friends and family!
cheers
Total £  so far.

Helen

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 12:59:03 pm »
Kev, calm down, what you do in your business is up to you, others are just airing their opinion and are entitled to do so. :)
I have to admit that it does confuse me that you consider doing a groupon when you say you have a canvassing and marketing business. Why not put the effort into that rather than into "less" profitable work?
Yes I understand how Groupon works and forgetting the lesser paid work at the moment if done well it can/maybe bring you in a very quick database. Only time will tell how it works out for you.
Unfortunatley on the down side, Groupn, living social and suchlike are only interested in making money for themselves and have no idea of the sectors and how they perfom in the outside world and the idea of these discounts only de-value the industries that many have strived to build up. :)

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 01:02:46 pm »
if i get 20 regulars plus from the 200 i will be happy mixed with a few gutter cleans and driveway cleans.
Ill also have the other 180 contact details to try at a later date aswell!Also there neighbours friends and family!
cheers

Surely you mean THEIR........ ;D ;D

Tom White

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 01:03:52 pm »
Kev, calm down, what you do in your business is up to you, others are just airing their opinion and are entitled to do so. :)
I have to admit that it does confuse me that you consider doing a groupon when you say you have a canvassing and marketing business. Why not put the effort into that rather than into "less" profitable work?
Yes I understand how Groupon works and forgetting the lesser paid work at the moment if done well it can/maybe bring you in a very quick database. Only time will tell how it works out for you.
Unfortunatley on the down side, Groupn, living social and suchlike are only interested in making money for themselves and have no idea of the sectors and how they perfom in the outside world and the idea of these discounts only de-value the industries that many have strived to build up. :)

Spot on, Helen.

bumper

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 01:03:57 pm »
I used groupon i charged 1000 pound a house got 2  customers  and extra 2000 pound extras cutters and replcing tiles but the old dear could only draw 300 pound out of the tm machine so i had to take them to the bank to withdraw the rest of the cash the tiller looked at me, i just said im a freind and making sure nobody mugs the old dear ;D.
 BUMPER

windiewasher

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 01:04:32 pm »
cheers

Surely you mean THEIR........ ;D ;D

lol i applaud you back  ;) ;) :-* :-*
Total £  so far.

windiewasher

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 01:05:07 pm »
I used groupon i charged 1000 pound a house got 2  customers  and extra 2000 pound extras cutters and replcing tiles but the old dear could only draw 300 pound out of the tm machine so i had to take them to the bank to withdraw the rest of the cash the tiller looked at me, i just said im a freind and making sure nobody mugs the old dear ;D.
 BUMPER

Bumper come and work for me!
Total £  so far.

bumper

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 01:12:39 pm »
I like old dears cos when they ask you after tea and biscuites have i paid you i say no, but she had paid me tho,no you not paid love and its double this time,i sure i paid you last time,no love its double 20 pound happy days , i like the ones who suffer from Dimension,you can screw them for loads of cash,but if i get caught again ill go to prison ;D
happydays BUMPER

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 01:16:32 pm »
It`s been said by a few that it`s better to spend time canvassing etc.
To get better profile/ priced work.
The snag with canvassing is the hours ya spend knocking,then following
That up etc.and not get a bean.At least with Groupon ya earning something
Which is better than nothing I suppose.
It`s true what Helen wrote,it does devalue our business.
I personally don`t think these Groupon type `threads`will ever cease,gee whiz
There`s been loads.
If there was a way,everyone would be doing it,it`s what makes the world go
Around I guess. ::) 8) :o ;D :D

Lewis  Doubtfire
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

windiewasher

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 01:21:50 pm »
I like old dears cos when they ask you after tea and biscuites have i paid you i say no, but she had paid me tho,no you not paid love and its double this time,i sure i paid you last time,no love its double 20 pound happy days , i like the ones who suffer from Dimension,you can screw them for loads of cash,but if i get caught again ill go to prison ;D
happydays BUMPER

quality m8 lol  ;D
Total £  so far.