This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ben Walker

pure water as drinking water?
« on: November 16, 2005, 10:52:09 pm »
another mad-hat question from the ben-chan

in what way would purified water be ok for drinking?

after RO, but not after DI?

or what?

any ideas
cheers

matt

Re: pure water as drinking water?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 10:54:06 pm »
many of the RO systems you see on ebay are for drinking water

so YES

Morph

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 10:58:25 pm »
Are you thirsty?

Get it from the tap mate.  
Without boring you with the detail, your gut will respond better to what it's used to.

If you want to drink purer water go ahead.  RO won't kill you, but pure water after DI is going to help you sit on the toilet for longer periods, mainly.

craig jwc

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 11:04:13 pm »
I tasted it when i got my RO and it was horrible. :-X
Were used to the water from the tap.
Stick to what your body is use too :)

Ben Walker

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 11:12:20 pm »
my bodies used to whiskey and ale!

(best not made from tap water)

;D

rosskesava

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 11:13:58 pm »
Tap water?

It contains trace elements of every metal it has been through. Also, chlorine? You think that safe and in some area's now, fluoride.

Hardly pure but still better than bottled water. Plastic gives off various gases that the industry keeps quiet about.

The best water is tap water filter through an ordinary £20 filter from the supermarket.

I havn't looked into why the resin may give anyone the trots but if the water is 100% pure, then I cannot see how it can.

If the resin adds something then how can the water be 100% pure?

I've worked in third world countries where there is no purification system. You drink the water as it comes out the ground. It will often give you an upset stomach for a day or two but after your body has adapted the the various bacteria to that area, then you are fine.

Processed water always contains pollutants from the processing.

You can't beat pure water from an unpolluted spring where there are no farms for miles and miles and miles.

Cheers

Ben Walker

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 11:37:19 pm »
Cheers Ross
Drinking Tap water is like drinking Stella, just cos everyone else drinks it doesn't mean its not full of crap.  :o

In fact most mass produced foods are full of chemicals too.

its amazing what we stuff in our selves, and then wonder why so many people get cancer and the like.

i was just thinking that its a bit odd to be purifying the water for cleaning dirt of windows and then drink chemical rich water.

anyway i'm off for a fAg  ;D

cherrs
ben-chan

Ben Walker

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 11:39:50 pm »
whys fAg censored?

well to be clear lads, i'm off for a cigarette!!

rosskesava

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 11:45:07 pm »
Me too.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 05:52:38 am »
The R/O and DI do not remove bacteria, your activated charcoal filter makes a good fist of that, but you do need to make sure that when you change over your pre filters everything is hygenically clean and not contanimated in any way...sterile.
The R/O water should be absolutely fine to drink, but keep your greasy fingers off the filters when you change them!!

The DI resin is poisonous (so I'm told) but of course you are not actually eating the stuff are you?
Water may be passing through it, but I'm not sure that actually makes any difference to the quality of the water so far as drinking the stuff is concerned.

I would love to see what a true chemical analysis of the water after it has passed into the holding containers....well, maybe not the analysis itself but rather the result of the analysis ;D
It's fine for tea and coffee though.

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Justin Ruggles

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 08:25:06 am »
If you want to drink RO water then theres no problem, but It must not pass the DI resin.

Once the water is pass the DI resin its to pure for our bodies as we need minerals in water that the body uses. What will happen is the water will start to strip away your gut lining and give you alot of problems.

So RO water proir DI resin is not a problem to drink, but after DI resin dont drink it.

Justin

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 09:04:49 am »
what about rain water that as 0 tds

Ben Walker

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 12:24:53 pm »

dai

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 09:48:08 pm »
Dave I was thinking the same thing. You wouldn't get ill drinking rainwater no more than you would drinking distilled water. We get enough salts and stuff from what we eat. DI water can't be drank, but DI resin is not toxic, so they tell us. It's a mystery to me. I got some DI water in my eyes a month ago, and my vision was slightly blurred afterwards. Anyone else had this happen?Dai

rosskesava

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 10:13:02 pm »
I'm getting muddled.

I do now remember reading somewhere about bacteria growing in DI resin.

About the bacteria after the RO system - the water that is being purified is drinking water anyway?

It couldn't pick up bacteria after the chlorine is removed if it's always moving? Anyway, how would the bacteria get there?

Dunno.

;D

Ben Walker

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2005, 10:17:39 pm »
You wouldn't get ill drinking rainwater no more than you would drinking distilled water. We get enough salts and stuff from what we eat. DI water can't be drank, but DI resin is not toxic, so they tell us. It's a mystery to me.
back to chemistry class i guess. i suspect it has something to do with ions and the exchange of electons. di-ionised water has had electons exchanged between atoms. (i think?) di-ionsed water might look the same but perhaps is fundamentally different.

SO WHY is the di-ionising of water neccessary for cleaning windows?

Does DI water pick up dust etc due to static?

any boffins out there?

ben

kingfisher

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2005, 12:49:35 am »
On the hot sunny days during our long forgotten summer I use to drink the water straight from the jet in the brush head must of drank gallons of the stuff. ;D

Can`t be that bad for you can it? ???

I hope :-\

Kev

Ian_Giles

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2005, 06:29:55 am »
See?

We need a proper boffin to explain to us duffers don't we?

None of us really know do we?

I drink the stuff when I'm really thirsty in the summer :-\

I think that if all of your setup is sterile, prefilters, membranes and so on, then bacteria won't grow....I think :-\

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES