This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

G & M

heavily soiled windows
« on: November 16, 2005, 09:38:36 pm »
Michael here from G&M We have just bought a wfp system however we are not quite sure how good they are.

For example will it clean heavily soiled windows which have not been cleaned for a while if ever?

Also will it properly remove grime such as grease, car emmissions etc?
Should we squeege ground floor windows?

looking foward to your replies

steve massey

Re: heavily soiled windows
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 11:13:03 pm »
Hi

On heavily soild windows wfp tend to leave them a bit milky looking go over them a few times.
wfp dont like greasy windows they strugle to shift it.
We clean several restraunts using a wfp and usually after we have finnished we touch up greasy areas with a trad method.

We do a lot of city work car emmisions dont seem to notice its things like Kebabs that have been thrown up at windows the wfp just wont touch it.

The good thing about a wfp on a big job it cuts time down by half wouldn't be without it. but on some areas i dont think you can beat the old way.

pjulk

Re: heavily soiled windows New
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 11:32:25 pm »
WFP will clean heavily soiled windows.

A good idea on heavily soiled windows is to dip your brush head in GG3 or unger liquid solution and agitate it on the glass and frames using plenty of water then move to the next window and do the same.
After about 3 or 4 windows go back to the first pure water only this time and wash the frames and glass and rinse well.
They will come up great.

I did an egged window today with WFP.
I thought i may have to get my ladders but thought i will try WFP for it.
I washed the windows as normal and really give the egg a good scrubbing.
Then cleaned the rest of the house.
Came back to the egged window and scrubbed again and to my suprise it started to come off fairly easily.
One all gone washed and rinsed the window normally and good results.

windowsteve said -
On heavily soild windows wfp tend to leave them a bit milky looking go over them a few times.

Are these windows that turn milky whilte painted aluminum frames or wooden painted frames as these are the only one i have ever had go milky.
If so its because they are oxidised and need repainting

I tend to stay clear of these ones.

Paul